Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 49360 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #720 on: March 14, 2024, 08:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No figgy in the summer catalogue, they really wanna kill of the G6 cup huh?
[close]
The figgy g6 and wino cup g6 are easily some of their best shoes and yet they prefer to sell the reynolds rip off’s and claim it’s one of their best selling shoes…unreal
[close]

They just said it's too expensive so they're not forcing it out but if they're not making money on it, they can't keep it around.
[close]

Are they making money anyway, they seemed to have a sale on every other week the end of last year.

And to kill their best innovation in years over cost, but still drag out shitty shoes that won’t sell, the new model and dakotas model both didn’t need to exist
[close]

They would be making money if they quit producing all the junk shoes and just kept those as their main line. Also charging $90+ for slip ons is crazy especially when they go on sale for half that price a month later.

The slip cups cost $90 because of the G6 cupsole. So should they keep it in their mainline and charge what they need to or not?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #721 on: March 14, 2024, 10:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No figgy in the summer catalogue, they really wanna kill of the G6 cup huh?
[close]
The figgy g6 and wino cup g6 are easily some of their best shoes and yet they prefer to sell the reynolds rip off’s and claim it’s one of their best selling shoes…unreal
[close]

They just said it's too expensive so they're not forcing it out but if they're not making money on it, they can't keep it around.
[close]

Are they making money anyway, they seemed to have a sale on every other week the end of last year.

And to kill their best innovation in years over cost, but still drag out shitty shoes that won’t sell, the new model and dakotas model both didn’t need to exist
[close]

They would be making money if they quit producing all the junk shoes and just kept those as their main line. Also charging $90+ for slip ons is crazy especially when they go on sale for half that price a month later.
[close]

The slip cups cost $90 because of the G6 cupsole. So should they keep it in their mainline and charge what they need to or not?

Tough call because current prices across the board are beyond what we all would like to pay, so paying for the tech WAS reasonable pre covid & global conflict inflation prices.

At $90, a slip on doesn't seem worth it, cupsole or vulc, regardless of tech. It's why so many of us wait for sales. We'd wait for sales on the bigger companies' premium shoes, too if possible. I'd still rather buy the G6, but it would be less frequent with these increased prices. Which, would prompt emerica to drop or scale them back because fewer purchases.

Regardless, you raise an important question that rose colored glasses wearers may forget
Super Champion Fun Zone

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #722 on: March 14, 2024, 11:09:14 PM »
$90 across the G6 range seems to be based more on the sole than an upper.

It might seem steep for a slip on, but does the Figgy or Spanky model seem out of bounds at that price?

If I had to pay full whack for it I probably would

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2024, 11:17:14 PM »

It might seem steep for a slip on, but does the Figgy or Spanky model seem out of bounds at that price?

I personally feel that if you're getting less shoe in the upper, the total cost should be cheaper than other models using the same sole but with more paneling/materials in the upper.

Examples:
Slip Cup $85
Spanky G6 $85-87
KSL $90
Figgy G6 $87-90
Phocus G6 $92-95

Super Champion Fun Zone

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #724 on: March 14, 2024, 11:24:32 PM »
I’ve skated 3 of these listed and honestly, durability wise I saw no extra benefit to a couple strategic panels on these shoes.

In fact for ease of wearing sake I prefer the slip ons overall, no ripped laces, no weird side panel like the figgy has.

But that’s just me.

The overall amount of upper is near enough the same, maybe a few inches for the eyelets but not much to have staggered sales amounts
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:28:08 AM by Paco Supreme »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2024, 11:56:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I personally feel that if you're getting less shoe in the upper, the total cost should be cheaper than other models using the same sole but with more paneling/materials in the upper.

Examples:
Slip Cup $85
Spanky G6 $85-87
KSL $90
Figgy G6 $87-90
Phocus G6 $92-95
Weird that the models that belong to pros are the same/priced lower than the team models with the g6 pour in considering they have to pay the pros in conjunction with production. That phocus was a misfire and waste of resources. And putting them on sale like clockwork a month or two after drop is also baffling. Even people who want to support them will obviously wait for the sale if they are aware.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #726 on: March 15, 2024, 01:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Examples:
Slip Cup $85
Spanky G6 $85-87
KSL $90
Figgy G6 $87-90
Phocus G6 $92-95
[close]
Weird that the models that belong to pros are the same/priced lower than the team models with the g6 pour in considering they have to pay the pros in conjunction with production. That phocus was a misfire and waste of resources. And putting them on sale like clockwork a month or two after drop is also baffling. Even people who want to support them will obviously wait for the sale if they are aware.
In my hypothetical, it's the opposite of lower than team models, except for Phocus G6. That's why I put KSL, Spanky, and Figgy @ $85+ while Slip is @ $85. Realistically, slip should be $80 and the other prices remain the same from my example.

Agreed on Phocus being a flop, but there's more going with it than a Spanky dress cup shoe, hence it's higher price in my hypothetical. A shame the resources and ideas there didn't actually translate into making the OG-1 better: G6 midsole or similar than what we got or retro a different model but do it properly. No one is buying the Phocus, except for a couple people who love sporty tech kidna skate shoes
Super Champion Fun Zone

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1008
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2024, 01:43:08 PM »
So the Dakota went from the g6 cupsole to a standard vulc with the g6 foam insole like the wino slips. But also changed the upper? They look wider but pointier.. but bulky through that v shape, weirdly double layered and a fake-almost a lace up

The Servold is wider and pointer but I wouldn't say bulky (tho yes more than the slip) and is, essentially, just a slip-on as the lacing doesn't actually tighten anything down - which is weird as anyone with a narrow foot gone be fuked unless they try them on first with puffy socks (not enough room to add an insole on top and why would you want to replace the G6 insole).

(on foot and laced all the way)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 03:06:30 PM by Xen »

grassblade

« Reply #728 on: March 15, 2024, 01:49:45 PM »
darkpools ripping them paragraphs

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2024, 06:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Examples:
Slip Cup $85
Spanky G6 $85-87
KSL $90
Figgy G6 $87-90
Phocus G6 $92-95
[close]
[close]
In my hypothetical, it's the opposite of lower than team models, except for Phocus G6. That's why I put KSL, Spanky, and Figgy @ $85+ while Slip is @ $85. Realistically, slip should be $80 and the other prices remain the same from my example.

Agreed on Phocus being a flop, but there's more going with it than a Spanky dress cup shoe, hence it's higher price in my hypothetical. A shame the resources and ideas there didn't actually translate into making the OG-1 better: G6 midsole or similar than what we got or retro a different model but do it properly. No one is buying the Phocus, except for a couple people who love sporty tech kidna skate shoes

My point was you can't logically say "you'd make money if you stopped producing junk and keep the tech we want in the line" if your next sentence is "but we won't pay what you're asking us to pay for the tech we want."

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2024, 08:20:46 PM »
Just listed a ton of Emerica gear in the sale section including some rare items and lots of G6 especially Slip Cups which I have tons of.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=129707.0

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #731 on: March 16, 2024, 09:33:19 AM »
Hell yeah. Stoked to dig in!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #732 on: March 16, 2024, 10:10:49 AM »
Those slip on back when Kader wasn't fried. Nostalgic times.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MikeX

• Rep: 8
« Reply #733 on: March 16, 2024, 11:02:02 AM »
Expand Quote
So the Dakota went from the g6 cupsole to a standard vulc with the g6 foam insole like the wino slips. But also changed the upper? They look wider but pointier.. but bulky through that v shape, weirdly double layered and a fake-almost a lace up
[close]

The Servold is wider and pointer but I wouldn't say bulky (tho yes more than the slip) and is, essentially, just a slip-on as the lacing doesn't actually tighten anything down - which is weird as anyone with a narrow foot gone be fuked unless they try them on first with puffy socks (not enough room to add an insole on top and why would you want to replace the G6 insole).

The lacing situation here looks like a mess, is there anyway to tie them properly?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #734 on: March 16, 2024, 02:01:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The lacing situation here looks like a mess, is there anyway to tie them properly?

Looks like here’s enough to bunny ear them but isn’t this shoe technically a slip on anyway? Seems to be more of an afterthought than actual function.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Obijuan91

• Rep: 18
« Reply #735 on: March 17, 2024, 07:40:56 PM »
Are majority of their shoes just rip offs of the laced? Best shoes I’ve ever skated, bought the romeros ones recently hopefully they’re as good as I remember, had the gammas last and they kinda tore up quick.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: March 17, 2024, 07:56:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Looks like here’s enough to bunny ear them but isn’t this shoe technically a slip on anyway? Seems to be more of an afterthought than actual function.

Those are tied correctly. It’s just that they kind of tuck under the flaps of the shoe. You could pull out the loops if you wanted to, but they’re tied the way you would tie them -  yes, it’s a slip on but a with a sliced tops where the lacing does nothing but 'close' the shoe you can't tighten down the shoe in any way. It’s kinda stupid. But I wouldn't skate them without laces because they wouldn't be 'closed' on the top and you would slip out of them. Like Leo’s skater...there’s eyelets, but they don’t do anything.

This is how they come laced (from the top to the inside) so when you lace them the loops naturally fall inside/under the flaps to hide the laces.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 08:07:38 PM by Xen »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2258
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #737 on: March 18, 2024, 01:18:36 PM »
That's one of the worst top down views of a skate shoe I've ever seen.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #738 on: March 18, 2024, 05:41:52 PM »

It's very phallic (can't unsee now).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #739 on: March 19, 2024, 12:39:14 AM »
That's one of Is the worst top down views of a skate shoe I've ever seen.
I spent a while thinking about other candidates and couldn't get anything worse.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #740 on: April 14, 2024, 06:51:07 PM »

Couldn't agree more. Holy shit.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #741 on: April 16, 2024, 02:02:13 AM »

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 115
Enjoy your life.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #743 on: April 26, 2024, 06:53:05 AM »

We got the black if anyone is interested.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #744 on: April 26, 2024, 08:23:54 AM »
Expand Quote
That's one of Is the worst top down views of a skate shoe I've ever seen.
[close]
I spent a while thinking about other candidates and couldn't get anything worse.

Looks like trying to force pants that you’re too fat for to close

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #745 on: April 26, 2024, 09:12:43 AM »

guydog

• Rep: 9
« Reply #746 on: April 26, 2024, 09:28:52 AM »
Nice looking shoe.

pops

• Rep: 246
« Reply #747 on: April 26, 2024, 10:12:54 AM »
Winkowksi shoe looks floppy af if you ask me. Not looking very supportive.

TreyPhillip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #748 on: April 26, 2024, 10:22:54 AM »
Winkowksi shoe looks floppy af if you ask me. Not looking very supportive.

He used to skate white canvas classic skate-hi’s prior to getting on emerica so I doubt support was top of his list for features.
I don’t see these being too far off from Crockett hi’s support wise though.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #749 on: April 26, 2024, 04:06:29 PM »
First Emerica shoe that doesn't look like Uber crap in a long time.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.