Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2385799 times)

Jacorpes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #16830 on: April 24, 2024, 01:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Hot take: Leo's skate better than Dunks. Tried them on a whim after a bad experience with AF-1 and my local not carrying many NB and was pleasantly surprised. They look nice in real life and are slept on in my area.
[close]
It feels that everybody is sleeping about Leo's. I remember hearing that it was a better Blazer which is a bold statement.

My first pair arrived about an hour ago and I'm very impressed, although I've only had a chance to wear them around the house. They feel like everyone describes, half way between a dunk and a blazer mid.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 138
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #16831 on: April 24, 2024, 08:09:07 AM »
Y’all need to relax. I’m over here trying to sell off my massive stock of dunks i hardly wore on depop and Mercari and all this Leo talk has me jonesin to pull the trigger and try em. Ahhhhhh!!!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16832 on: April 24, 2024, 08:29:24 AM »
Y’all need to relax. I’m over here trying to sell off my massive stock of dunks i hardly wore on depop and Mercari and all this Leo talk has me jonesin to pull the trigger and try em. Ahhhhhh!!!
I fell for it...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 27
« Reply #16833 on: April 24, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hot take: Leo's skate better than Dunks. Tried them on a whim after a bad experience with AF-1 and my local not carrying many NB and was pleasantly surprised. They look nice in real life and are slept on in my area.
[close]
It feels that everybody is sleeping about Leo's. I remember hearing that it was a better Blazer which is a bold statement.
[close]

My first pair arrived about an hour ago and I'm very impressed, although I've only had a chance to wear them around the house. They feel like everyone describes, half way between a dunk and a blazer mid.

Better than a Blazer depends on preference of course, but I feel that they are more stable, a tad wider, and not as much of a bitch to unlace to get in the shoe.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16834 on: April 24, 2024, 12:55:44 PM »
Leo's are highly slept on, look great on foot and beyond comfortable.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • sup dog
« Reply #16835 on: April 24, 2024, 01:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If I didn’t have old man feet, I would get some of those. They look like great skate shoes.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

boardfeelforyoureyes

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16836 on: April 25, 2024, 11:05:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
If I didn’t have old man feet, I would get some of those. They look like great skate shoes.

what's "old man feet"? you need more arch support or wider toe box or what?

I can't imagine it's any different than the Ishod 1 or BRSB, but the Leo react insoles feel so much better than those others. It's gotta be the combo of the upper and react..they're so comfy and skate great. not mad at these sleeping, lots of shops have them marked down.

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #16837 on: April 25, 2024, 12:12:44 PM »
On my third pair of Leo's. Fucking great skate shoe. Nike better not fuck this up and phase this out. Im a little worried due to the shoes going on sale fast and the delay of new colorways

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #16838 on: April 25, 2024, 12:33:02 PM »
I had no idea Leo's were going on sale in so many shops. I'll gladly cop a few pairs to hold onto for the future.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #16839 on: April 25, 2024, 12:59:24 PM »
On my third pair of Leo's. Fucking great skate shoe. Nike better not fuck this up and phase this out. Im a little worried due to the shoes going on sale fast and the delay of new colorways

That’s not on Nike fuckin up, that’s on the consumer

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
« Reply #16840 on: April 25, 2024, 01:00:23 PM »
hardly art, hardly starving

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • sup dog
« Reply #16841 on: April 25, 2024, 05:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

what's "old man feet"? you need more arch support or wider toe box or what?

I can't imagine it's any different than the Ishod 1 or BRSB, but the Leo react insoles feel so much better than those others. It's gotta be the combo of the upper and react..they're so comfy and skate great. not mad at these sleeping, lots of shops have them marked down.
Old man feet means I can’t skate Vulcs, or any shoe that doesn’t offer really solid sole rigidity. Because my arch hurts otherwise on really flexible shoes.

Arch support insoles would be fine, but for whatever reason I need solid cup sole, too.

But I do need wide toe box as well, which as nothing to do with being old…

It’s a damn shame these are sitting.  They have a good look to them.

Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #16842 on: April 25, 2024, 06:45:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel the shoe is legit maybe people are hung up on the person itself,

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #16843 on: April 25, 2024, 10:06:50 PM »
I had no idea Leo's were going on sale in so many shops. I'll gladly cop a few pairs to hold onto for the future.
Got mine with 30% on a Polish site, if in lucky they will arrive today.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16844 on: April 26, 2024, 12:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why would be the consumer guilty for not wanting to buy such a terrible looking shoe?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jacorpes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #16845 on: April 26, 2024, 01:20:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel the shoe is legit maybe people are hung up on the person itself,

I think it's the price. RRP is £90 here, Blazers are generally £80 and Dunks £110, so I reckon people either want to save £10 or spend an extra £20 on something they're familiar with. I got my Leos for £60 because I asked my local if they had anything knocking around out back they could hook me up with so I didn't blow another £110 on dunks. Weirdly the Wair Max feels more appealing at £100 because of all the tech even though the Leos are probably a better shoe.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16846 on: April 26, 2024, 06:53:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why would be the consumer guilty for not wanting to buy such a terrible looking shoe?

If Nike phases it out, it’s because no one’s buying it.  They aren’t going to phase it out to be rascals.   

It’s a great looking shoe on foot.   The only thing I’d change is the LB pattern

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #16847 on: April 26, 2024, 07:41:51 AM »
Any word on that SB classic release?
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #16848 on: April 26, 2024, 07:47:24 AM »
^word as far as what?... The fc classic is already out and is the cheapest shoe available. (Or is in Aus at least)

As far as Leo's shoe it doesn't appear to be on the Nike site anymore which is a shame. I was keen to at least give it a try but the only two colourways I liked at all only went up to size 12 here for some reason

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16849 on: April 26, 2024, 08:22:30 AM »
^word as far as what?... The fc classic is already out and is the cheapest shoe available. (Or is in Aus at least)

As far as Leo's shoe it doesn't appear to be on the Nike site anymore which is a shame. I was keen to at least give it a try but the only two colourways I liked at all only went up to size 12 here for some reason

They’re on the US Nike app.   

I was always keen to try them too, I was just waiting on a colorway I really wanted, but maybe I should have just pulled the trigger on the launch browns despite the black soles

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
« Reply #16850 on: April 26, 2024, 08:26:38 AM »
yea, the colorways have been lacking (i have the phantom/white which are good tho), but the shoe itself is great.  Max Palmer is skating in 'em in some of those new Limo clips, maybe that'll help sales.   
hardly art, hardly starving

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16851 on: April 26, 2024, 08:29:15 AM »
yea, the colorways have been lacking (i have the phantom/white which are good tho), but the shoe itself is great.  Max Palmer is skating in 'em in some of those new Limo clips, maybe that'll help sales.

I def have been noticing them popping up in more parts

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #16852 on: April 26, 2024, 08:35:31 AM »

70$ USD msrp on the Nike FCs

I feel like as 2024 progress everyone will have a price conscious offering. Emerica dropped that $65 dollar shoe, with no fan fare. Etnies did that walmart experiment. Vans lowered the price on all their classics. Skate authentic are now 60$. New Balance 425's are 70$.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #16853 on: April 26, 2024, 09:46:51 AM »
Navy/black ones in the latest post look pretty great.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #16854 on: April 26, 2024, 11:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like as 2024 progress everyone will have a price conscious offering. Emerica dropped that $65 dollar shoe, with no fan fare. Etnies did that walmart experiment. Vans lowered the price on all their classics. Skate authentic are now 60$. New Balance 425's are 70$.

Either I'm kooking it or I can't find them. I search classic on their website and nothing comes up. Even google doesn't come with anything. Any links?
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #16855 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Either I'm kooking it or I can't find them. I search classic on their website and nothing comes up. Even google doesn't come with anything. Any links?

the FCs? i think those are fall of this year, they just announced a few colors and price iirc

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #16856 on: April 30, 2024, 07:19:45 PM »
Cosmic Clay Leos

Pacific Moss Janoskis

Enjoy your life.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #16857 on: April 30, 2024, 07:40:46 PM »
Just chiming in to say that the Leo’s are the best shoes I’ve skated in many years. Try some so they don’t go away <3

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16858 on: April 30, 2024, 07:53:49 PM »
Just chiming in to say that the Leo’s are the best shoes I’ve skated in many years. Try some so they don’t go away <3

Those clay ones above are tempting

Troubadour26

• Rep: 80
« Reply #16859 on: April 30, 2024, 08:19:03 PM »
Clay Leo’s lookin mega nice