Author Topic: Mark suciu nine club  (Read 10600 times)

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
Mark suciu nine club
« on: August 29, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »
Just watched, common topic of conversation when talking about the nine club but Chris’s interviewing was specifically bad in this episode, 60% of the time he’d talk it would be about himself to make some joke n mark wouldn’t even laugh, he just ended up interviewing himself, still great listen tho

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
Re: Mark suciu nine club
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 09:06:49 PM »
I saw Heckride's Instagram story about it.  It's just embarrassing at this point. He's so focused on making the show this big YouTube thing that he's putting in zero work in actual researching the guests. Take a page out of Sean Evans' book.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 04:40:02 AM »
3 hours im stoked.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 06:50:03 AM »
There’s something refreshing about hearing one pro call another pro a dick. Are there any other people that have openly criticized Silas other than him and Austyn?

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

foureyedjim

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 07:00:12 AM »
3 minutes in and I can’t stand it.  Crob making 10 jokes back to back and poor Kelly having to fake laugh after each one. 

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 07:04:58 AM »
Started off a little rocky but it smooths out

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 07:24:05 AM »
cmon, sure research is poor as always, but that was a great chat.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 07:37:04 AM »
really enjoyed listening to the first half last night and will probably just restart it today from the beginning. he's a good talker and very thoughtful.

he also roasts chris so hard at 1:32:00, it was great.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 07:45:16 AM by skate_bored »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 07:59:12 AM »
Skimmed thru the video seems like Kelly does most of the questioning. (But as I said Skimmed so I could be wrong)

Maybe crob just can't ask questions. He was the guy on the ground at sls and everytime they cut to him he just kind of waffled while skaters had to listen then figure out a response to his awkward non question

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 09:09:44 AM »
First 9 club that I watch/ listen in a while, overall good because Mark is interesting. But fuck the first 10 min were hard to listen to, I am not used to listening to Crob anymore.
He never ask interesting questions and only say stuff "Oh I could never do that" "Interesting" "Gotcha". Comparing with other skate podcast (bunt, vent city or mostly skataboarding) it's crazy how bad his interviewing skills are.
check my music

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 12:19:35 PM »
Crob - "Walker Ryan wrote a GREAT book..... I still havn't read that"

Haha.

Great episode though. Didn't think I'd sit through it but Mark is interesting and very easy to listen to.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 12:37:23 PM »
First 9 club that I watch/ listen in a while, overall good because Mark is interesting. But fuck the first 10 min were hard to listen to, I am not used to listening to Crob anymore.
He never ask interesting questions and only say stuff "Oh I could never do that" "Interesting" "Gotcha". Comparing with other skate podcast (bunt, vent city or mostly skataboarding) it's crazy how bad his interviewing skills are.

Yea even Mark is like damn I wish we didnt start this off with why i took a break from skating

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 01:08:25 PM »
Really hardto listen to. We get it roberts you were a pro skater . Also kinda funny at the beginning suciu said he wasn’t from san jose but saratoga

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 01:54:58 PM »
Really hardto listen to. We get it roberts you were a pro skater . Also kinda funny at the beginning suciu said he wasn’t from san jose but saratoga

truly, honestly, it was not hard to listen to.  it was a great interview.  if you want a hard-hitting, nail-biting, reveal filled interview watch 20/20 or something

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 02:17:09 PM »
Halfway thru as they’re talking about Verso and I’m noticing Suciu seems so relieved whenever Jeron cuts in because he actually has SOMETHING TO SAY. Half of this dialogue seems to be Crob and Kelly banging rocks together and talking over each other

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 02:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

truly, honestly, it was not hard to listen to.  it was a great interview.  if you want a hard-hitting, nail-biting, reveal filled interview watch 20/20 or something
I mean there’s definitely good stuff spread through the 3 hours. Suciu is one of the best and he’s a smart guy so it’s interesting hearing him talk about skating, but the way this interview or whatever you want to call it is done is just terrible. I’ll keep trying to listen over the week but it’s hard for me to not turn it off

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 02:37:03 PM »
3 minutes in and I can’t stand it.  Crob making 10 jokes back to back and poor Kelly having to fake laugh after each one.

Really looking forward to this one. I enjoy Nine Club as an audio experience while working/commuting etc. But when I watch the videos I understand the irritation with the lack of questions and poor research. Because the camera cuts to CRob it is far more obvious. I think CRob has become worse. He used to be quite charming. He is trying too hard to copy non skate podcasts and presenters (stop watching Joe Rogan, or at least stop telling us about it). The audience for Nine Club is only going to be skaters. If your show is popular with skaters then the sponsorship etc will flow. Especially older skaters with more income to spare on bizarre colllabs and health food product placement. Skaters are a forgiving audience.  Just get out of the way. Or be funny. I relistened to Skin Phillips the other day. They spend the first ten minutes swearing. It's great.
Suciu is one of the most interesting people in Skateboarding. It should be impossible to butcher. just let him talk!

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 02:46:30 PM »

Saratoga isn't downtown or East side san jose, its in the west hills and mostly well off people live there.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 03:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea even Mark is like damn I wish we didnt start this off with why i took a break from skating
Seriously though, are there people out there that actually think he is good at interviewing? He’s been on the last two sls live streams interviewing people and it’s even more cringy because he’s seems completely unprepared has no idea what to say. Just awkward studdering and babbling. Get this guy off the camera and behind a desk typing status reports.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 03:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The show does not need hard hitting questions , just  good conversation but Crob has no flow sadly. When the guest finish a sentence, he just repeats the last word with a « wooow » after.  Also he tries to be the comic relief most of the time but often miss.
 Jeron and Kelly bring something genuine to the table tho.
The ep was still good (because of the guest) and they do a good job in general. It’s a nice little oral history for skateboarding but definitely jarring at times.
Like I would never listen to an ep without knowing and beeing interested in the guest already
check my music

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 03:15:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Saratoga isn't downtown or East side san jose, its in the west hills and mostly well off people live there.

I think if his parents bought a while back, it wasn't as expensive as it was to todays standards. I know a guy that was born and raised their and his folks just had sort of normal white collard jobs but I guess that is all you needed to live there.

And to be honest.....if his dad almost made autofocus for cameras, he deserves to live their. I'd be shit without it cause I can't manual focus for anything.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »
And to be honest.....if his dad almost made autofocus for cameras, he deserves to live their. I'd be shit without it cause I can't manual focus for anything.

That was shocking. And apparently his dad did indeed invent autofocus. I only got about halfway through, but that's pretty amazing.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 04:17:52 PM »
Yeesh, Crob is such a garbage interviewer. Every time Suciu starts talking Crob brusts in interrupting with some anecdotal BS about himself. That's an obvious sign of a person who's not actually listening; it signals to the more intelligent people in the room that this person's interested only as far as they can tie the conversation back to themselves.

I'll probably finish the interview at some point (only because it's Suciu) but for real, you people defending Crob have no taste or no sense or both; the dude's a total pea-brained egotist.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 04:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think if his parents bought a while back, it wasn't as expensive as it was to todays standards. I know a guy that was born and raised their and his folks just had sort of normal white collard jobs but I guess that is all you needed to live there.

I know, the san jose bay area was cheap in the 80s-early 90s.  my parent got a house in the early 90s on the border of san jose/milpitas and the house is 8x the price it was then .

the vibe from that area (saratoga, campbell, los gatos, cupertino) from as long as i remember has mostly lacked people of color.  There's a hesitancy from people who live in those areas around here, a lot of times they say they are from santa clara or san jose or silicon valley.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 06:02:49 PM »
Dude called Silas a dick and Silas over there polishing ol' Rusty and giggling.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 06:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah i know that but it’s still san jose. He said himself his local park was sunnyvale, not a big deal just seemed kinda weird to me he pointed out he wasn’t from san jose. Oh well

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 06:29:47 PM »
Yeesh, Crob is such a garbage interviewer. Every time Suciu starts talking Crob brusts in interrupting with some anecdotal BS about himself. That's an obvious sign of a person who's not actually listening; it signals to the more intelligent people in the room that this person's interested only as far as they can tie the conversation back to themselves.

I'll probably finish the interview at some point (only because it's Suciu) but for real, you people defending Crob have no taste or no sense or both; the dude's a total pea-brained egotist.

like what do you honestly expect from these people? could crob research and bring sean evans questions to each interview? of fucking course.  but he doesn't.  he flies by the seat of his britches and for that, I respect him and the format.  I'll take crob any day over the fucking Canadian jock bros who act like hood dudes on their audio-only podcast.  GTFO none of the show is as bad as any of you are saying.  acting like you're some sort of podcast lords of quality.  give me a break

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 06:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah i know that but it’s still san jose. He said himself his local park was sunnyvale, not a big deal just seemed kinda weird to me he pointed out he wasn’t from san jose. Oh well
Isn't Saratoga its own city? Some people identify with that more than the MSA they are apart of.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 06:49:17 PM »
Never took Suciu as a PBR guy

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 07:02:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

like what do you honestly expect from these people? could crob research and bring sean evans questions to each interview? of fucking course.  but he doesn't.  he flies by the seat of his britches and for that, I respect him and the format.  I'll take crob any day over the fucking Canadian jock bros who act like hood dudes on their audio-only podcast.  GTFO none of the show is as bad as any of you are saying.  acting like you're some sort of podcast lords of quality.  give me a break

What's wrong with modern society people, lowered expectations.

Good for you homie, but I don't think a lot of his interviewee's "respect him for that", including Suciu. I'm not a fan of the bunt either but they are significantly better at interviews. One you can tell they actually do the "research" (like watching skate vids is somehow too much work for Crob) and two, they are genuine with their guests and each other.