Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 140891 times)

Srt32srt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2021, 06:29:02 AM »
I'm interested in the WB info.

From the above shots the bolt position looking like another silver tool truck like venture.

If I was this brand I would definitely knock venture/ thunder geometry as much as possible.

Maybe try and combine ace turn with the stability of a venture.

Second I don't think they will bend as easily as we think. Perhaps if the hanger was round like ace that would be an issue and correct me if I'm wrong the 90° corners on the bottom should provide some extra support.

I would skate them if possible but I'm trying to keep my shit as local as I possibly can.

I'm going to stick by

Pop master innovations (vehicle)
Venture trucks
Loophole wheels
Orchard hardware
Bones swiss bearings

I fuck with Ace in the winter and I do ride F4s because loops don't come in 58-62 mm yet. As soon as they do I'm not fucking with other wheels most likey.

Respect to anyone who's down to ride swedish trucks at 100 bucks a set. I got everything I'll ever need I believe and I MUST support US labor or I'm not what I claim to be I can't live with that anymore.

I must fight for what I believe in always. Ermico San Francisco is important to me.

why? most people who skate transition use ace or indys for the turnability and the shorter wb makes the nose and tail not as steep when you pop tricks. thunder and venture are designed for stability and not being able to turn as easy. so why would he want a street truck when he skates transition?

Srt32srt

« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2021, 06:32:11 AM »

why didnt they hollow out that baseplate?

Srt32srt

« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2021, 06:37:15 AM »
i'm assuming the almost solid baseplate is the source of the heavier than ace comments, ya?

not just that look at the hanger! excess metal around the front of the pivot cup, it is just excess weight that doesnt make the truck last any longer or make it any stronger.

Srt32srt

« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2021, 06:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's highly unlikely that t-hanger design will stand up to the rigors of modern skating. Just look at Indy Stage 1 though 4, and the original Ace. They all end up with a truss shape because of bent axles and cracked hangers.
[close]

Agreed. Anything wider than 8" is going to crash and burn (even Theeve had to add the truss even tho there wasn't bending going on). I still don't A) understand how 215s hold up and B) why Indy doesn't use them for trimming down the rest of the line (unless they don't hold up at other widths)...but then again, why do the 215s?
[close]

I think because for the most part, 215s are not widely used street skating. They are mostly being used for cruising/carving/downhill/goofing around. Nothing too high-stress, maybe occasionally on a super wide pig for carve grinding.
[/qut

the 215s are used for the mega ramp but i understand no big gaps or anything to put massive force onto them.

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2021, 06:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can see the nano tubes if you look at the edge of the base plate.

IpathCats

« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2021, 06:55:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You can see the nano tubes if you look at the edge of the base plate.

Nah dog, those are just the lurps they havent iv'd yet

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2021, 07:06:16 AM »
I was thinking about trying these out but damn they're so expensive

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »
i wonder if the october date was made with shipping issues in mind, but things are still messed? maybe euro friends will get them first? i didn't even order a pair, but the wait is killing me

IpathCats

« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2021, 08:07:37 AM »
i wonder if the october date was made with shipping issues in mind, but things are still messed? maybe euro friends will get them first? i didn't even order a pair, but the wait is killing me

They just said shipping in October. So if they end up getting held up in a port due to shit out of their control, then fine w/e. But I'm hoping they stick to their word and at least send them out by the end of the month. Not likely though at this point with the last two days of October being a weekend

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
I hope we get an announcement about delays soon. I expect it's something stupid like, they got more interest than they were expecting and the delay is getting more of the boxes. At any rate, I'm happy that the response is "fuck I want these so bad" and not "whack company off to whack start." As long as we're not waiting until 2022, hopefully this will be a good unintentional hype build.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These baseplates look like a "Entry to 3D Modeling Class" project done by a freshman who is friends with skateboarders. Same with the hanger honestly.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

IpathCats

« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2021, 11:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

These baseplates look like a "Entry to 3D Modeling Class" project done by a freshman who is friends with skateboarders. Same with the hanger honestly.

Yea, I'm fully prepared for these to either be total trash, or the best thing since sliced bread.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2021, 08:11:02 PM »
Definitely would like to try a pair. Might wait till some shops get a shipment in later on. This whole shipping debacle is something my impatient self could never handle. I feel for yall.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
Honestly kinda happy about the shipping delay, my trucks still have plenty of life and theres no way I'm going to be able to resist setting these up the day the arrive

IpathCats

« Reply #374 on: October 30, 2021, 06:44:34 AM »
Honestly kinda happy about the shipping delay, my trucks still have plenty of life and theres no way I'm going to be able to resist setting these up the day the arrive

You sound way too rational to be on shoes and gear

KillDayoy

• Rep: 17
« Reply #375 on: October 30, 2021, 07:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

trust me, it was a long dark road to being content with my setup

IpathCats

« Reply #376 on: October 30, 2021, 07:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The madness will return eventually....... It always does.

baustin

• Rep: 118
« Reply #377 on: October 30, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought I was cured after skating Thunder 148 team hollows for 2+ years happily. Now I’m flip flopping all over the place again trying several different trucks. I’m just trying to find the fun in skating different trucks though because this will probably go on for a while now

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #378 on: October 30, 2021, 09:10:13 AM »
Looking at the geometry of the hanger and considering what we know about the early Indy stages, the axle should surely bend under stress. The big question is whether rheocasting and the double axle thing they have going on will make the truck strong enough to withstand heavy impacts. If the truck is strong enough, then it will be revolutionary as the only durable non-truss shape truck, which also happens to be nearly as light as Indy Titanium. I will surely throw my money at them if that's the case. However if they bend like Ace, then it will be a giant waste of money for everyone involved.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #379 on: October 30, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
Looking at the geometry of the hanger and considering what we know about the early Indy stages, the axle should surely bend under stress. The big question is whether rheocasting and the double axle thing they have going on will make the truck strong enough to withstand heavy impacts. If the truck is strong enough, then it will be revolutionary as the only durable non-truss shape truck, which also happens to be nearly as light as Indy Titanium. I will surely throw my money at them if that's the case. However if they bend like Ace, then it will be a giant waste of money for everyone involved.

Gonna take a wild guess and say they probably did some form of testing to make sure they could handle heavy impacts.

mbam003

« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2021, 09:25:25 AM »
Gonna take a wild guess and say they probably did some form of testing to make sure they could handle heavy impacts.

Again, the big question here is if they have found some revolutionary compromise between aesthetics and durability or they are just prioritizing one over the other. Early Ace trucks surely went through testing as well, but they bent. A lot of people just didn't care about the fact as they liked the aesthetics/turnability of the truck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #381 on: October 30, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought I was cured after skating Thunder 148 team hollows for 2+ years happily. Now I’m flip flopping all over the place again trying several different trucks. I’m just trying to find the fun in skating different trucks though because this will probably go on for a while now

Yeah I just try and enjoy it these days, skate different trucks here and there and not try and find ‘the one’.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »
Rheocasting isn’t the issue as much as how they press the axles in and what the tolerances are. The front axles of most cars aren’t a truss and do fine,however, they use different material entirely and suspension distributes impact load quite a bit.

mbam003

« Reply #383 on: October 30, 2021, 02:44:33 PM »
Rheocasting isn’t the issue as much as how they press the axles in and what the tolerances are. The front axles of most cars aren’t a truss and do fine,however, they use different material entirely and suspension distributes impact load quite a bit.

The presence of suspension in cars invalidates that comparison I think. There are good reasons why we have arrived to the modern triangle shaped hanger design, which all manufacturers utilize. But at the end of the day consumers like planned obsolescence and think it's cool. Let's say you're ollieing a stairset on some Lurpiv 149's and on landing all of the impact is projected towards a tiny section in the middle of axle. The casting and the axle design must be amazing for the axle to withstand the impact and repeated future impacts. But maybe it's possible, they're supposedly aerospace grade parts right? If the Lurpivs do bend they could pull a Steve Jobs "you're holding it wrong" and say they are for transition first.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 02:57:18 PM by mbam003 »

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2021, 06:39:34 AM »

Official word from Oski. Looks like the new deadline is mid Nov.

IpathCats

« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2021, 06:53:55 AM »

Official word from Oski. Looks like the new deadline is mid Nov.

Bummer. This is why you under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Gotta manage expectations with reality. This is the most money I assume the majority of people have ever spent on a pair of trucks. Least you could do is be more accurate with your timeframe, or maybe say something earlier than the last possible day of the deadline you previously set. Kinda lame, not the end of the world or anything though.

Edit: btw there was a white kid in a du rag at my local park the other day. Just thought you should know.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2021, 07:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The presence of suspension in cars invalidates that comparison I think. There are good reasons why we have arrived to the modern triangle shaped hanger design, which all manufacturers utilize. But at the end of the day consumers like planned obsolescence and think it's cool. Let's say you're ollieing a stairset on some Lurpiv 149's and on landing all of the impact is projected towards a tiny section in the middle of axle. The casting and the axle design must be amazing for the axle to withstand the impact and repeated future impacts. But maybe it's possible, they're supposedly aerospace grade parts right? If the Lurpivs do bend they could pull a Steve Jobs "you're holding it wrong" and say they are for transition first.

I mean. I did say suspension impacts it a bit, but at the same time a large pothole at freeway speeds is far more than landing from a set of stairs which is why there is still a huge impact jolt that can jar the entire car.

Also there are parts on commercial aircraft that have similar pressing methods and they cannot fail whatsoever. Sweden does have Saab after all haha

mbam003

« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2021, 08:45:22 AM »
Also there are parts on commercial aircraft that have similar pressing methods and they cannot fail whatsoever. Sweden does have Saab after all haha

If that's the case sign me up.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2021, 08:57:37 AM »
I'm not an engineer, but I suspect that, with regards to structural integrity, casting and forging methods are going to matter a lot less than the fact that the hanger doesn't utilize a simple triangle.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2021, 09:27:09 AM »
Hard to manage expectations but as impatient as any of us are, this is a man who has no prior business or sales experience, selling and shipping a new product worldwide. This isn't some big corporation. It's just a skate rat selling new trucks, who I'd give more of the benefit of the doubt on something like this. Waiting another 1-2 weeks is nothing.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.