Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 142066 times)

ugly flacko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote

Official word from Oski. Looks like the new deadline is mid Nov.
[close]

Bummer. This is why you under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Gotta manage expectations with reality. This is the most money I assume the majority of people have ever spent on a pair of trucks. Least you could do is be more accurate with your timeframe, or maybe say something earlier than the last possible day of the deadline you previously set. Kinda lame, not the end of the world or anything though.

Edit: btw there was a white kid in a du rag at my local park the other day. Just thought you should know.

I work in mechanical business in Europe and man I can tell you that these days, launching a new product with only 2 weeks of delay is a fucking great success.
You won't die from waiting 2 weeks for trucks that you don't even need haha
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 02:04:23 PM by ugly flacko »

manysnakes

« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »
It’s true. There are exactly zero buyers of Lurpiv Trucks who do not currently have at least one (likely several) pairs of fully functional trucks.

IpathCats

« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2021, 03:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Bummer. This is why you under promise and over deliver, not the other way around. Gotta manage expectations with reality. This is the most money I assume the majority of people have ever spent on a pair of trucks. Least you could do is be more accurate with your timeframe, or maybe say something earlier than the last possible day of the deadline you previously set. Kinda lame, not the end of the world or anything though.

Edit: btw there was a white kid in a du rag at my local park the other day. Just thought you should know.
[close]

I work in mechanical business in Europe and man I can tell you that these days, launching a new product with only 2 weeks of delay is a fucking great success.

Yea, like I said , not the end of the world or anything haha. Just say "shipping by Jan 2022" from the start, and give yourself plenty of time. If they showed up early November after saying that, I would've be stoked! Lol.

ugly flacko

« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea, like I said , not the end of the world or anything haha. Just say "shipping by Jan 2022" from the start, and give yourself plenty of time. If they showed up early November after saying that, I would've be stoked! Lol.

Yeah right but I swear I wouldn't have spent my money on these if they said delivery in January 22 hahaha

IpathCats

« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2021, 07:58:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah right but I swear I wouldn't have spent my money on these if they said delivery in January 22 hahaha

I feel you, plenty of people crowdfund shit all the time though, its not that unheard of to wait for something like that, especially if they're transparent about it from the jump.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2021, 08:23:10 AM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

IpathCats

« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »

Sweet. Hopefully I get them on the east coast in a week or two from Sweden. Can't say I've ordered much from there, no idea how long it should take.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2021, 09:04:04 AM »
I hope someone just immediately slappies them to death so we can see what this two axle system is all about. Amazing that they almost managed to ship in October.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2021, 09:04:18 AM »

That's a lot of trucks!  Looks like a solid first run.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »
I love Oski's energy. I imagine it's quite a thrill to have a warehouse full of trucks you designed, he looks appropriately jazzed about it.

I hope the kid has success with these things.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »
Seeing Kader skate clips with these on ig….we’ll I’m influenced. Want.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2021, 05:56:34 PM »
While we’re all waiting for the great Lurpiv experiment to begin - what size did everyone order/what setup are you planning on putting together with these? 

I got the 8.5s and I have a Polar Surf Jr shape sitting around that I never set up.  Hopefully that will be a good combination.  I’m interested to see what the wheelbase impact actually is and what wheel size I can run with these without ghost popping. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2021, 06:51:44 PM »
While we’re all waiting for the great Lurpiv experiment to begin - what size did everyone order/what setup are you planning on putting together with these? 

I got the 8.5s and I have a Polar Surf Jr shape sitting around that I never set up.  Hopefully that will be a good combination.  I’m interested to see what the wheelbase impact actually is and what wheel size I can run with these without ghost popping.

To try and be like Kader I’d get the 8.5s, but thankfully with the imo fairly priced $91, or whatever, I’d get the 8s.
I’m old and don’t skate vert. So 8” is big enough. My goal would be to have a larger, for me, setup 8-8.25, 54 ish wheels.
I just think the t hangers look cool as hell

IpathCats

« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2021, 07:38:59 PM »

I got the 149s's as well, got a fresh worrest twin tail slick 8.375" to set them up on, I'll probably grip it tomorrow. Says on the site they're 8.465" so less than .1" poke should be fine. I usually ride flush or slightly narrower trucks, but there's no way I'm skating an 8" truck. Way too narrow for me.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got the 149s's as well, got a fresh worrest twin tail slick 8.375" to set them up on, I'll probably grip it tomorrow. Says on the site they're 8.465" so less than .1" poke should be fine. I usually ride flush or slightly narrower trucks, but there's no way I'm skating an 8" truck. Way too narrow for me.
I've had 4 Worrest TT slicks over the last year or so, they're listed 8.3", not the more common 8.375" and they were all pretty much bang on 8.3". The round sizing sticker on the graphic's side has the right measurements but the top sticker with the bar codes are wrongly saying 8.375 for some reason, same with the Ishod 8.3...

But still, 149 could work really well depending what wheels you use and what you like.

IpathCats

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2021, 07:59:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I've had 4 Worrest TT slicks over the last year or so, they're listed 8.3", not the more common 8.375" and they were all pretty much bang on 8.3". The round sizing sticker on the graphic's side has the right measurements but the top sticker with the bar codes are wrongly saying 8.375 for some reason, same with the Ishod 8.3...

But still, 149 could work really well depending what wheels you use and what you like.

56mm classics. I've ridden my af1 55's (8.5") on one for a couple sessions, wasn't bad, had it's pros and cons.

ugly flacko

« Reply #406 on: November 04, 2021, 01:23:55 AM »

Got the 149's, will set up a fresh 8.5 board, 54mm F1 conicals and probably 2 extra washers in.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2021, 03:15:18 AM »
Couldn't resist it any longer and ordered some 149s as a (hopefully) early Christmas present for myself. I'm planning to pair them with a Quasi Proto 8.25 and some 53mm conicals.

I have no self control so i pre ordered a set today, If anything, they will end up being a fun decoration/conversation piece. My order number was less than 700 though, I assume they are going chronologically, if so, that seems kinda like there isn't much interest.

If thats correct then according to my order number they haven't sold 800 sets yet. Kinda makes the last Instagram post seem a bit sus. Going by all those pallets that should be like 6000 orders.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #408 on: November 04, 2021, 03:39:37 AM »
I wonder how many of those pallets are just going straight to skate shops as well.

That would be a significant chunk of the shipment already allocated out.

Direct sales would only make up a small percentage of the overall stock.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

IpathCats

« Reply #409 on: November 04, 2021, 04:03:56 AM »
I wonder how many of those pallets are just going straight to skate shops as well.

That would be a significant chunk of the shipment already allocated out.

Direct sales would only make up a small percentage of the overall stock.

I was thinking the same, kind of a gamble for smaller shops getting a pricey item like that. Would be cool to see them in a shop though.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 25
« Reply #410 on: November 04, 2021, 06:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oski is kind of small - but this is really a lot of trucks - can't belief he sold that much
with the first run. Looks also like a proper packaging.
May he invest the full monthly Nike Paycheck into producing trucks and sits on the
stock the rest of his life.

Wish him all success possible.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »

Damn this is sick. This is why skating and small business are the best. Company I work for is having supply chain issues and released this super corporate bullshit letter from the COO to our customers... nothing really human or personable about it

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2021, 07:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oski is kind of small - but this is really a lot of trucks - can't belief he sold that much
with the first run. Looks also like a proper packaging.
May he invest the full monthly Nike Paycheck into producing trucks and sits on the
stock the rest of his life.

Wish him all success possible.

Using rough math and knowing how to count cases on pallets. looks to me there are about 12 sets of trucks per case. With the amount of pallets visible I'm estimating about  6,000 sets of trucks are in the photo
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

manysnakes

« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2021, 07:13:31 AM »
Couldn't resist it any longer and ordered some 149s as a (hopefully) early Christmas present for myself. I'm planning to pair them with a Quasi Proto 8.25 and some 53mm conicals.

Expand Quote
I have no self control so i pre ordered a set today, If anything, they will end up being a fun decoration/conversation piece. My order number was less than 700 though, I assume they are going chronologically, if so, that seems kinda like there isn't much interest.
[close]

If thats correct then according to my order number they haven't sold 800 sets yet. Kinda makes the last Instagram post seem a bit sus. Going by all those pallets that should be like 6000 orders.

If one shop orders 20 pairs they will get a single order number.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2021, 09:25:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If one shop orders 20 pairs they will get a single order number.

Not to mention if a distribution picked them up whose single order would supply shops country-wide in some instances.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2021, 09:33:21 AM »
DM'd like a man.

IpathCats

« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2021, 09:52:14 AM »
DM'd like a man.

Masculine shit right there. Whoever posts a pic of their lurpivs with their username in the pic first, gets a gnar.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2021, 10:02:17 PM »

Using rough math and knowing how to count cases on pallets. looks to me there are about 12 sets of trucks per case. With the amount of pallets visible I'm estimating about  6,000 sets of trucks are in the photo

It is an interesting one, seeing as I am used to square boxes from DLX or NHS that hold 25 sets of trucks in each, just loose in bags, so I was already thinking each set in its own packaging and special box would take up a lot more space with a lot fewer trucks.

As you said, that kind of number is still a solid effort for a starting run too.

DM'd like a man.

Great effort!!!

Thanks!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2021, 04:29:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It is an interesting one, seeing as I am used to square boxes from DLX or NHS that hold 25 sets of trucks in each, just loose in bags, so I was already thinking each set in its own packaging and special box would take up a lot more space with a lot fewer trucks.

As you said, that kind of number is still a solid effort for a starting run too.

Right, that's still a total guess I made based on the packaging on the ground next to the larger case. But hell even if those larger cases are only packing 6 sets each that would be at least 3,000 sets of trucks by what's visible and that's impressive for a first run of a start up truck company. Especially when considering trucks are, typically, the least frequently changed out component. And probably the least likely component that a user would switch branding on.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

IpathCats

« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2021, 05:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Right, that's still a total guess I made based on the packaging on the ground next to the larger case. But hell even if those larger cases are only packing 6 sets each that would be at least 3,000 sets of trucks by what's visible and that's impressive for a first run of a start up truck company. Especially when considering trucks are, typically, the least frequently changed out component. And probably the least likely component that a user would switch branding on.

Aptly put good sir, aptly put.