Author Topic: HVX tips  (Read 9253 times)

Little Debbie

HVX tips
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »
I got an HVX and have been experimenting around with 30p vs. 60p, scene files, export settings and such. What words of advice or shortcuts would you pass on?

swan pablo murphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: HVX tips
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:04:10 PM »
i want to buy an hxv to mess around with too and i dont know much about working one, ive only filmed vx for eva

Phillip Flathead

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 10:35:46 PM »
shoot 720/60p for sure
look up barry green hvx scene files for some good starting points
skateperception used to have a thread full of just scene files but its been gone for at least a year

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »
first step.
sell that shit on ebay
buy a vx mk1

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »
Yeah shoot 720/60pn. Set your shutter speed at 1/120, and learn the white balance functions, they aren't as forgiving as the sonys were. Always shoot 60fps cuz in FCP and most other programs it will drop every other frame if you edit in 30 foster timeline, but you can still use the 60 frames to make slow motion clips. You can also do some fun mods with the vx2000 death lens , you can shoot in hd then crop it 4:3 in post to have that vx fishery look, or shoot in standard def at 4:3 natively. It's great camera and pretty underrated for it versatility, just not quite as easy out the box as a Sony cam.

Little Debbie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
shoot 720/60p for sure
skateperception used to have a thread full of just scene files but its been gone for at least a year
bummer. and that wasn't archived anywhere? anybody else got a scene file to share?

thanks guys. yeah I realized capturing in 60p is essential to preserving the fast motion and not having glitches or weird missing frames. now I gotta shell out more cash on another p2 card, but it's worth it.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
Expand Quote
shoot 720/60p for sure
[close]
bummer. and that wasn't archived anywhere? anybody else got a scene file to share?

thanks guys. yeah I realized capturing in 60p is essential to preserving the fast motion and not having glitches or weird missing frames. now I gotta shell out more cash on another p2 card, but it's worth it.

yea once SP got the boot everything got lost. Tons of scene files and tons of tips and tricks and shit like that. You might be able to find some older ones posted  somewhere else.