Author Topic: coffeeee, coffee coffee  (Read 5967 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
coffeeee, coffee coffee
« on: February 17, 2010, 07:18:08 AM »

got one of these in front of my right now in a large

tim horton's is like straight up drugs into your iv man i cant even fuck with a XL there its too insane i have to shit ridiculous after that
a mcdonalds large is like a tims XL
fuck starbucks (although i do like it)

local coffee is really bomb but i am a sucker for a cheap coffee and now i am needing this shit daily. fuck energy drinks them shits is too expensive.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
Re: coffeeee, coffee coffee
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:20:47 AM »
starbucks regular coffee sucks, it's to acidic

mcdonalds has some good shit though

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:37:05 AM »
I got this one and kinda sucks. Every kinda coffee tastes the same even though I really take care of it and clean it and descale it from time to time. I mostly use this:
and italian roast coffee...this one:

But I want a good machine someday but they are expensive as fuck. Maybe I'll just settle for Néspresso: Cheap machine, expensive capsules...

I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

Hola

• Rep: 56
  • 2NE1
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:41:01 AM »
cant skate without coffee and cigarettes, not possible

jaweave23

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »
Go to starbucks, ask for the bold pick of the day, problem solved. Best coffee you'll ever have no matter which blend it happens to be that day.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 07:46:03 AM »
and italian roast coffee...this one:
But I want a good machine someday but they are expensive as fuck. Maybe I'll just settle for Néspresso: Cheap machine, expensive capsules...
I got one of these for christmas last year. I think it makes the best cup of coffee. I use it for espresso only now though. I got a Bunn. It's awesome. It stores water inside the body that is always hot so when you add water to it, the hot water instantly comes out and starts brewing... now wait time at all. I love it

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
i like 'em both....macdonald's or timmy double double's are good but they're kinda not real coffee....kinda like coffee flavoured coffee.....

otherwise...there's a deli by my place that makes me long americano's for 1.52, or just good strong brewed coffee for 1.32.  I go to starbucks too but only w. my wife....

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:48:36 AM »
i refuse to spend more than $1 on a cup of coffee.  luckly the places around here sell caps for $1.    

dripping clit

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:49:33 AM »
There's a place by my house that roasts the beans every week. Hands down the best coffee I've ever had, especially if you go right after they roast them. Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks are good too though. I also got a shitty espresso machine from walmart for $30 and it works pretty well.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 07:50:43 AM »
trying to hit more locally coffee spots but i definitely hit the commercial rounds for the cheap shit.  here are my recommendations:

oh canada - tim's for sure.
northeast US - dunkin donuts. when it's good, it's great.  problem is most dudes working there make nothing so they don't care about making your order right.
mideast US - Carribou Coffee - FUCK YES I LOVE YOU BALTIMORE.  I really just like baltimore.
anywhere else i whore out and have no commitment.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »
im stuck on dunkin donuts it sucks.
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 08:05:15 AM »
haha
man the dude at the local skate shop he doesnt really work there much anymore as he is well into his 30s he is kind of like the only o.g. skater in our area, he is like married and stuff he is tellin me about this espresso machine he wanted to buy, shit was like 1000$ or some shit, more maybe even way more than that i think that was the price he talked the guy down to, then he went the next day to go buy it and the fucker sold it on him. fuck though 1300$ for a espresso machine?!!?

my friends work at this place called coffee culture, they are fucked. i totalyl thought it was a one of a kind location, but no. i took a quick tour around a few cities of ontario and noticed there are a shit ton more of them and they all look unique to essentially trick people into thinking its actually unique. see first they opened the one in waterloo and it seemed legit. then they dropped one in kitchener which is basically the same city, so i figured it was local thing. but no then i saw one way the fuck up in mt. forest, now i know shit is fucekd. such a brilliant marketing strategy.

i find it tough to drink double doubles now, i just drink black or regular. and regs is only if i want to drink the coffee right away. i am fucked ice coffees a lot but tell them to put like no cream or sugar in it. eventaully i jsut started buying regular coffees cause they are half the price and i would just throw a couple ice cubes in it. for some reason i love cold coffee, black. like luke warm especially doesnt even have to be ice cold.

in usa, at mcdonalds, is the coffee this arabica premium roast shit? they talkin about how shit is grown at higher altitudes and all sorts of multitudes of wackness. or do they jsut call it coffee? cause at tims they just call it coffee and mcdonalds on some other shit. flavoured coffee yeah that is a good one. i should see if our starbucks has the daily bold.... but i dont know if yall know, but in canada its like 5 bucks for a star bucks coffee its a complete rip off but i feel like i get way higher off it. like sweating and shit. i love that.

RRRRRAD

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »
dunkin sucks donkey dick
starbucks is way to cool

rather just get my coffee from a mom and pop coffee shop usually get the hook up at least once or twice a week with a free cup to

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
We have two local franchises that kick ass... PJ's out of New Orleans, and my favorite tasting coffee Community out of Baton Rouge. PJ's you can only get at the shops they have, but Community is everywhere, from their own shops to the gas station. Super good shit. I don't hit Starbucks unless I'm stuck in a hotel and that's all they have... the coffee's fine and all, but I'm hooked on my local shit.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:29 AM »
I hate coffee that's served in a styrofoam cup.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
I rarely buy coffee.  I make much better coffee at home.  The girl and I are pretty serious about our coffee, so we bought one of these:

It's got a built-in Burr grinder. 

It makes good coffee...but coffee made with a French press is the better.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
I hate coffee that's served in a styrofoam cup.

i generally do too, unless its free of course, but it does always seem to taste like shit.

odp

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
anyone out in western massachusetts needs to visit the Elf Parlor in North Adams. this place has some of the best coffee i've ever put down, very strong, very rich, and cheap. The place is an apothecary, dude grinds up tea leaves right in front of you, makes yerba mate lattes. there is no going wrong in the elf parlor.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 10:44:38 AM »
I rarely buy coffee.  I make much better coffee at home.  The girl and I are pretty serious about our coffee, so we bought one of these:

does this thing make a huge mess from time to time?

my wife and i have a similar one but if you get one little thing wrong on the setup, oh lord, what a mess you wake up to

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:02 AM »
oh shit! we have that same one at my parents' house! but i am a person i dont know how to operate a coffee maker apparently and I made a huge mess and it wasnt even on auto-brew, i was standing there the entire time and i am just an idiot and coffee was just spilling out all into the sink (at least). i wouldnt even fuck with the auto brew; that is a guaranteed house - burner

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

does this thing make a huge mess from time to time?

my wife and i have a similar one but if you get one little thing wrong on the setup, oh lord, what a mess you wake up to

The only problem I've had with it is...sometimes the bean chute(between the grinder and the filter) gets jammed.  It actually happens quite often and is a pain.  I've been grinding seperately so I don't have to deal with that shit.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »
got a keurig this year for christmas and it surprisingly makes a decent cup depending on the kind of pod you get for it.  for the home made shit i go with 8o'clock coffee or carribou k cups.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »
anyone out in western massachusetts needs to visit the Elf Parlor in North Adams. this place has some of the best coffee i've ever put down, very strong, very rich, and cheap. The place is an apothecary, dude grinds up tea leaves right in front of you, makes yerba mate lattes. there is no going wrong in the elf parlor.

I may have to give this place a go through, do they make tea also?

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »

got one of these bad boys for christmas although i dont use it as often as id like due to having the nerves of rape victim.

odp

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you're in the NA area, its worth a go. Nate is always making the goods, man. he'll make the tea bags right on the bar. i was kinda hyped onthe yerba mate latte with whipped cream and sprinkles....

sunshine bagels are dope too, locally made along with a huge slab of local cream cheese.

if you're familiar with north adams, it's where the brick oven used to be. behind the town house at the college.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 11:06:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if you're in the NA area, its worth a go. Nate is always making the goods, man. he'll make the tea bags right on the bar. i was kinda hyped onthe yerba mate latte with whipped cream and sprinkles....

sunshine bagels are dope too, locally made along with a huge slab of local cream cheese.

if you're familiar with north adams, it's where the brick oven used to be. behind the town house at the college.

well im from northampton so not too familiar, but if you're in my neck of the woods check out Woodstar or Hay Market, shit's delicious

odp

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
well im from northampton so not too familiar, but if you're in my neck of the woods check out Woodstar or Hay Market, shit's delicious

that's what up. north hampton is a groovy town. i head out west every month or two to enjoy the local life. was going to move back out but the snow kills it for me. i used to get hella depressed when i lived out there in the winter.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »
im a fan of Home brewed black coffee

If im drinking an energy type drink, this stuff is pretty good and it doesn't make me feel shitty after an hour

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:49:23 AM by Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace »
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »
i like black cofee. i dont really give a damn where i get it.