Author Topic: Sammy's stance (Baptista)  (Read 15117 times)

annoyedwithskating

Re: Sammy's stance (Baptista)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »
its cool, you guys will eventually figure it out. ill wait.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »
old thread i know but i didnt want to make a new one just for this.

looks like he was in a really bad accident and in a coma for over 2 weeks.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-sammy-baptista-get-back-on-his-board

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »
Just saw that, anyone know the story? That’s fucking rough
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 01:46:01 PM »
Hitting the gas with the left foot

Brguy

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »
Some people are just weird as fuck when it comes to stance. My buddy is regular footed, but on a snowboard he's goofy.

Not really the same thing, but it still weirds me out.

Yeah, I got one friend that rides street and bowls in different stances and another one that is Goofy but all his tricks are mixed up, can't do regular ollies for shit, but can do backside flips normally, it's just weird.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 01:28:51 AM »
lizard king was also regular in skate 3 for GVR

Who is the girl in your sig?

Censored

• Rep: 5
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:33 AM »
Sammy Baptista, a beloved and retired professional skateboarder from grom to adult, was seriously burned in an accident in Los Angeles on Oct. 31, 2018 and has been receiving treatment for 2nd to 4th degree burns on over 40 percent of his body. He was in a medically induced coma for 16 days. Unfortunately, this accident occurred while his wife, Stacy was 9 months pregnant. Fortunately, Sam was discharged from the hospital two days before Stacy gave birth to daughter, Sette. The healing is now underway, but it will be a long road. The doctors have said that healing will be a year long process. We are reaching out for assistance during this difficult time for his family.

Fuck poor dude

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1522
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 02:16:24 AM »
Man, that is fucking harsh. I am also getting tired of hearing these medical bills stories from the USA - are you a fucking 3rd world country? Get your shit together.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 02:42:13 AM »
Poor fucking guy.  I wonder how that occurred.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 04:53:34 AM »

:-(

Sorry if already posted

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 11:34:37 AM »
goddamn, poor dude.

was a heavy fan of the guy when in my early years skating because fulfill the dream. the skate sauce and turf parts were the last ones i've seen, and i wondered the same. actually i think he always looks like skating switch, but in a good way.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »
jesus christ his arms are fucking roasted. that's horrible.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jessica Nigri? 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:00:33 PM by Brad Breath »

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
Jesus! Anyone know how he got burned?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »
Holy shit that’s awful.  This might be the first gofundme on SLAP that actually deserves to be supported.

Man, that is fucking harsh. I am also getting tired of hearing these medical bills stories from the USA - are you a fucking 3rd world country? Get your shit together.

I know, it’s a fucking embarrassment.  It’s the result of decades of unchecked greed and corruption. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
Holy shit that’s awful.  This might be the first gofundme on SLAP that actually deserves to be supported.

Expand Quote
[close]

I know, it’s a fucking embarrassment.  It’s the result of decades of unchecked greed and corruption.

Him asking for money to help pay medical bills is more understandable than most go fund me campaigns we have seen here on slap. What’s embarrassing are the other go fund me’s we’ve seen like..

-the dickhead from friendship that “lost” his camera
-the girl that Niel Hendrix diddled asking to support her pro career
-jscott to dream chase an unrealistic dream
-Fred gall not paying taxes
-al Davis asking for money so he could develop his photos or rolls of film

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Him asking for money to help pay medical bills is more understandable than most go fund me campaigns we have seen here on slap. What’s embarrassing are the other go fund me’s we’ve seen like..

Hahaha, Jesus Christ.

Don’t forget about this one:

https://www.gofundme.com/get-robs-water-amp-power-back-on

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »

I promise we're working on it!  We just have this problem with our immortal elderly that won't stop voting.

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 10:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jessica Nigri? 

Melissa Debling not jessica nigri

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is all I can think of when I hear his name. It's expensive to shoot film, something I know all to well. But to ask strangers for money when you're a "working professional" is something else. I'd love for strangers to support my hobbies too, but I'd never ask for a handout like that.

Hopefully Sammy heals up. Looks like an awful situation to be in.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This is all I can think of when I hear his name. It's expensive to shoot film, something I know all to well. But to ask strangers for money when you're a "working professional" is something else. I'd love for strangers to support my hobbies too, but I'd never ask for a handout like that.

Hopefully Sammy heals up. Looks like an awful situation to be in.

theres a reason why i shoot mostly digital, but im willing to make the switch if enough pals donate to me. ill post the go fund me later.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »

I got a $314,000 bill for a 4 day induced coma & 3 week recoup, straight bullshit. In America, it certainly doesn't pay to get hurt or sick... Trust me, it pisses me off to no end & Sammy's bill must exceed mine.

But fuck 'em in the butt, come at me!
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got a $314,000 bill for a 4 day induced coma & 3 week recoup, straight bullshit. In America, it certainly doesn't pay to get hurt or sick... Trust me, it pisses me off to no end & Sammy's bill must exceed mine.

Fuck. Here in Sweden it would have cost you 30$. If you need medicine and such it could have cost you as much as 120$. Thats the maximum cost per year, then the rest is free.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jessica Nigri? 
[close]

Melissa Debling not jessica nigri
Obviously it's Curren Caples. Come on

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hahaha, Jesus Christ.

Don’t forget about this one:

https://www.gofundme.com/get-robs-water-amp-power-back-on
We almost forgot https://www.gofundme.com/dan-pageau-retiring-pro-ranks
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:15:59 PM by Trickflip »

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2018, 11:48:11 PM »
Dan Pageau and Al Davis are most cringe. Especially Al Davis. Surely he should know better?

Furby (or maybe his gf) had a funny one from memory 
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2018, 07:33:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fuck. Here in Sweden it would have cost you 30$. If you need medicine and such it could have cost you as much as 120$. Thats the maximum cost per year, then the rest is free.

Well we know you damn Scandanavians have it oh so sweet! Like "thanks", I guess, for the hospital saving my life but fuck my Mormon insurance company for really giving it to me.

Moral of the story: If you insurance company finds anything they may deem "illegal" in you system, even if it had no bearing on your condition, they will deny you & fuck you & make you go after them.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

cloudy

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2018, 08:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well we know you damn Scandanavians have it oh so sweet! Like "thanks", I guess, for the hospital saving my life but fuck my Mormon insurance company for really giving it to me.

Moral of the story: If you insurance company finds anything they may deem "illegal" in you system, even if it had no bearing on your condition, they will deny you & fuck you & make you go after them.

damn. you saying that mixed with this guy's instagram comment below (not to mention the recent surge of questionable gofundme campaigns from skaters) has me feeling like i need to be talked down off the ledge of cynicism.

the accident occurred on halloween, a day where it wouldn't be unusual to party. the gofundme mentions nothing of a "car accident" - it was only through torey pudwill's twitter account that we learned that detail. i feel ashamed that the thought even crossed my mind, but like i said, these other gofundme campaigns have instilled a real "boy who cried wolf" mindset to my outlook.