Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1432782 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #4380 on: November 26, 2020, 12:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can some pro please post something lame so we can get this thread back on track?
[close]

Shhh, the grown ups are showing everyone how fucking smart they are.
[close]

8)

I think it's already been said but I think it's a little annoying that Tyler Bledsoe continues to post his tattoo work. I feel like I would respect it more if he didn't share every piece...

He has improved ten fold. He is doing some pretty good line work and shading and quickly so i imagine he will be great.  As an apprentice or new career tattooer its essential to post consistently, show off your work and build a client base.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can some pro please post something lame so we can get this thread back on track?
[close]

J3R3m3 always has something terrible to post. It is amazing after all these years he is still terrible at rapping. At least he is a good example of why the 10K hours = expert is a myth.

"I have some of the best social media internet lawyers"

"I'd burn the table between us if ever at dinner"

[close]

Yooooo.... JR is a McPoyle! Everything makes sense now

what a complete Barney.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #4381 on: November 26, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »
He has improved ten fold. He is doing some pretty good line work and shading and quickly so i imagine he will be great.  As an apprentice or new career tattooer its essential to post consistently, show off your work and build a client base.

I can see the importance of that, I understand it. Still annoys me... maybe he could start a tattooing instagram page for his clients. For me! I'll dm him, like a real man.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #4382 on: November 26, 2020, 12:26:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can see the importance of that, I understand it. Still annoys me... maybe he could start a tattooing instagram page for his clients. For me! I'll dm him, like a real man.
Apparently its better to just have one overarching page for yourself. A Bledsoe tattoo page doesn't get all the skate likes etc. Its honestly a bad move haha.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4383 on: November 26, 2020, 12:29:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

J3R3m3 always has something terrible to post. It is amazing after all these years he is still terrible at rapping. At least he is a good example of why the 10K hours = expert is a myth.

"I have some of the best social media internet lawyers"

"I'd burn the table between us if ever at dinner"

[close]

Yes but he did not spent all that time actually writting and freestyling. You can hear that he never actually worked on his rapping. Even the youtuber people get a decent bland flow after a year or two of "rapping". I am pretty sur JR is just lazy as fuck and he is convinced that he is good so he does not actually practise or work on it.

Shots fired!  I also agree

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1329
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4384 on: November 26, 2020, 12:49:55 PM »
Go to bed Sherm!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4385 on: November 26, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Apparently its better to just have one overarching page for yourself. A Bledsoe tattoo page doesn't get all the skate likes etc. Its honestly a bad move haha.

I understand that too, it all makes sense to me. I get what he's doing and get why he's doing it, but I'm still over it... gonna hang on to that follow though since I love to see his skating.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4386 on: November 26, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I thought he did have two pages?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #4387 on: November 26, 2020, 07:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Wow, even got a shop job. Serious kook shit going on. He hasn't done one tattoo yet that someone should have paid for.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4388 on: November 26, 2020, 07:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Wow, even got a shop job. Serious kook shit going on. He hasn't done one tattoo yet that someone should have paid for.

I mean, to each their own but... yeah I wouldn't pay for his work. This is really coming from a "Tyler Bledsoe the skater" fan, and a person who is not mad that he's pursuing tattooing as a career.

I don't really know shit about what it takes to be a tattoo artist, but I have a feeling I would back his journey a lot more if Instagram weren't a thing lol... it really is the endless posts that bug me. I don't need to be told about his intentions for exposure and getting his work out there either, i get it but I feel like there's probably a better way. Quality over quantity ya know?

Edit: wouldn't pay for his work YET. Maybe, for the story. I think what I've learned out of this is that I don't like following budding tattoo artists I don't personally know on instagram, Tyler Bledsoe or not.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #4389 on: November 26, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

I mean, to each their own but... yeah I wouldn't pay for his work. This is really coming from a "Tyler Bledsoe the skater" fan, and a person who is not mad that he's pursuing tattooing as a career.

I don't really know shit about what it takes to be a tattoo artist, but I have a feeling I would back his journey a lot more if Instagram weren't a thing lol... it really is the endless posts that bug me. I don't need to be told about his intentions for exposure and getting his work out there either, i get it but I feel like there's probably a better way. Quality over quantity ya know?

Edit: wouldn't pay for his work YET. Maybe, for the story.
you know you don’t have to follow him on instagram right? no one is holding a gun to your head

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4390 on: November 26, 2020, 07:39:04 PM »
you know you don’t have to follow him on instagram right? no one is holding a gun to your head

Haha, well aware. It is worth sifting through his tat stuff to see him post skating every now and then. I'm gonna continue to follow and him and wish I was only seeing him post skating every now and then.

Just so everyone knows, I recognize there is much lamer shit going on in the world of pro skateboarder's instagrams, and Tyler is a legend who is expanding his horizons and learning to do something really cool. That's sick! But it's my opinion that things like "the art you just got into making" might sometimes need a little time to mature before you throw everything you've done on to an Instagram page. I am a fan at the end of the day, even if his skateboarding wasn't holding a gun to my head I probs wouldn't unfollow. It's not that deep.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 07:47:44 PM by Urtripping »

Lisa96

« Reply #4391 on: November 26, 2020, 09:04:08 PM »
instagram is how most tattoo artists survive but i know you didn't mean to throw shade you are forgiven

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4392 on: November 27, 2020, 05:56:58 AM »
If he wasn't a pro skater and this was 20-30 years ago and he was scratching AND collecting money, he would have had his hands broken by the local shop.

Nowadays he just should have been kooked and given a cold shoulder. Scratching is whatever... but collecting money for it is really bad. You're taking money from people who earned it and do the work that merits it.

He has been given a "homie" pass because he is who he is, and maybe draws some foot traffic because of it. It's really insulting to the shops and tattooers who did it right. And if he wasn't a culture vulture he would get it and respect it.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4393 on: November 27, 2020, 07:24:00 AM »
I read that other thread and got that he might be kooking it in some ways within the tattoo world. Not really connected to it so that's not even the part I felt was lame... what I felt was lame was his volume of posts. It was like seeing a friend get into something they're just not great at yet but letting it take over their social media. Like I respect the work you are putting in, but the oversharing is what's lame.

I also still feel that if you are trying to promote yourself in an industry, then constantly posting work that seems just alright to the untrained eye AND is pissing off real tattoo artists does not seem like the move. Just me? I mean fuck at the end of the day who gives a shit besides tattoo shops amd the people he is tattooing I guess.

Somebody put some more Jeremy Rogers or Nigel posts up. Those are much more interesting discussions.

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4394 on: November 27, 2020, 07:38:11 AM »
I read that other thread and got that he might be kooking it in some ways within the tattoo world. Not really connected to it so that's not even the part I felt was lame... what I felt was lame was his volume of posts. It was like seeing a friend get into something they're just not great at yet but letting it take over their social media. Like I respect the work you are putting in, but the oversharing is what's lame.

I also still feel that if you are trying to promote yourself in an industry, then constantly posting work that seems just alright to the untrained eye AND is pissing off real tattoo artists does not seem like the move. Just me? I mean fuck at the end of the day who gives a shit besides tattoo shops amd the people he is tattooing I guess.

Somebody put some more Jeremy Rogers or Nigel posts up. Those are much more interesting discussions.

Yea, he's just being disrespectful and hasn't been around long enough to understand it. And worse, he's being enabled by people who should know better.

There's nothing wrong with getting into new things, and skating to tattooing is nothing new. Dressen is legit, I think Gilbert Crocket shows genuine interest and has even put in his time to transition into it tastefully if he gets an opportunity.

Bledsoe is just a bummer, honestly. He's going to be in for quite a shock if he actually has to be a street shop tattooer and does infinity signs, names, and astrological symbols for bread. It's not all panthers and eagles.

BTW, ISUCK is also a huge bummer when it comes to tattooing. I've seen videos of him tattooing people with home kits in hotels. Just so fucking shitty to the people who put in the work and earn a living like that.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #4395 on: November 27, 2020, 08:03:56 AM »
If he wasn't a pro skater and this was 20-30 years ago and he was scratching AND collecting money, he would have had his hands broken by the local shop.

Nowadays he just should have been kooked and given a cold shoulder. Scratching is whatever... but collecting money for it is really bad. You're taking money from people who earned it and do the work that merits it.

He has been given a "homie" pass because he is who he is, and maybe draws some foot traffic because of it. It's really insulting to the shops and tattooers who did it right. And if he wasn't a culture vulture he would get it and respect it.

@BroBruhBra I think maybe it's natural in America for culture to shift and that's often a good thing. I like his stuff ok.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #4396 on: November 27, 2020, 08:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yea, he's just being disrespectful and hasn't been around long enough to understand it. And worse, he's being enabled by people who should know better.

There's nothing wrong with getting into new things, and skating to tattooing is nothing new. Dressen is legit, I think Gilbert Crocket shows genuine interest and has even put in his time to transition into it tastefully if he gets an opportunity.

Bledsoe is just a bummer, honestly. He's going to be in for quite a shock if he actually has to be a street shop tattooer and does infinity signs, names, and astrological symbols for bread. It's not all panthers and eagles.

BTW, ISUCK is also a huge bummer when it comes to tattooing. I've seen videos of him tattooing people with home kits in hotels. Just so fucking shitty to the people who put in the work and earn a living like that.

I don't really get this. If someone wants to get tattooed by Isuck or Bledsoe and is willing to pay for it, then what's the problem?

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4397 on: November 27, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don't really get this. If someone wants to get tattooed by Isuck or Bledsoe and is willing to pay for it, then what's the problem?

Because tattooing is no different than going to the Dentist. You have a professional working with your body in an educated and safe way. If you have some assholes getting their teeth fixed by a janitor in a bathroom at Burger King it affects the Dentist down the street in many ways: taking clients ($) away, giving the "dental" work in the area a bad name by looking shitty and could mistaken for the professional, and putting customers at risk of being hurt or just fucked up.

It's not right, and this isn't an opinion. If you can't see it I'm sorry.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4398 on: November 27, 2020, 08:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Because tattooing is no different than going to the Dentist. You have a professional working with your body in an educated and safe way. If you have some assholes getting their teeth fixed by a janitor in a bathroom at Burger King it affects the Dentist down the street in many ways: taking clients ($) away, giving the "dental" work in the area a bad name by looking shitty and could mistaken for the professional, and putting customers at risk of being hurt or just fucked up.

It's not right, and this isn't an opinion. If you can't see it I'm sorry.

Hey man, if I wanna get my teeth done by the Snuggle Bandit then I fully within my right. Besides, have you not his purely whites?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #4399 on: November 27, 2020, 08:40:10 AM »
ya dude all you need to do some street dentistry is a passion for drawing and an electrified pen

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4400 on: November 27, 2020, 08:45:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@BroBruhBra I think maybe it's natural in America for culture to shift and that's often a good thing.I like his stuff ok.

I agree with you here, shalom

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4401 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

@BroBruhBra I think maybe it's natural in America for culture to shift and that's often a good thing.I like his stuff ok.
[close]

I'm not condoning the behavior, just telling it as it is.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4402 on: November 27, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
Just here to say that traditional tattoos are disgusting. Would be sick if Bledsoe tried to learn biomech or illustrative. Japanese would be cool too

“hey man thanks for the appointment. y’all do “japanese”?“

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4403 on: November 27, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not condoning the behavior, just telling it as it is.

For sure, that shit is lame. Really hope that tattoo artists aren't out here breaking fingers over charging people for this, even if it is wrong:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 09:46:50 AM by Urtripping »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #4404 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »

What's scratching
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4405 on: November 27, 2020, 10:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's scratching

Tattooing outside of a shop with no professional guidance.

And look... there's no right or wrong way to learn and make your way into a shop. Oliver Peck was a scratcher. However, this case is just so overt because of his Instagram. If he would have laid low and just appeared in a shop, ok. Still would be weird as he's not even listed as an apprentice. Really makes the shop look worse. Like, are they allowing paying customers that don't know him from skating to get tattooed by him? If I was a customer and get an amateur product as a result I would never go back.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4406 on: November 27, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
“Scratching” is such an adorable term.  Tattoo people don’t know how cute they are when they take themselves so seriously.  Please don’t come and break my fingers for saying that scary, serious tattoo people.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BroBruhBra

« Reply #4407 on: November 27, 2020, 11:08:07 AM »
“Scratching” is such an adorable term.  Tattoo people don’t know how cute they are when they take themselves so seriously.  Please don’t come and break my fingers for saying that scary, serious tattoo people.

Sorry other subcultures exist?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #4408 on: November 27, 2020, 11:11:36 AM »

seriously.  all the tattoo conservatives in this thread are really fucking cringe.

I know plenty of artists that started out after the advent of social media and they all came up the same way.  Also, he's improved greatly since he started just a few months ago.  Nothing out of the ordinary for an apprentice to post their progress. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #4409 on: November 27, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry other subcultures exist?

Sorry your involved in a subculture that thinks breaking fingers is stand up.  No one ever foot stomped anyone for stanktres, mob flips or pushing mongo. Focusing anothers setup is cringe enough.