Author Topic: SAN FRAN  (Read 928 times)

briandamaged

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
SAN FRAN
« on: June 09, 2016, 09:36:52 AM »
Im planning a trip to the Bay for a few days in late June. What are some notable parks and spots (aside from the obvious  bomb a hill) i should check
best shop? best mission burrito?

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
Re: SAN FRAN
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »
Best shop is Deluxe at 1831 Market street. Good dudes work there and they cut the middleman so you can get any Deluxe brand board for $45. Just around the corner from there is Soma west skatepark, you'd recognize it, fairly new, super fun park. It gets crowded (not unbearably) in the evenings but mornings there are pretty empty. As for mission burritos, you can't go wrong with El Farolito and Pancho Villa, though there are many other really good options. I really like this place La Palma Mexicatessan for tacos, they have homemade tortillas that are fuckin fuego, and it's a short skate from Potrero skatepark where you can watch Jake Phelps drink a 40 and yell at kids.
You can hit China Banks, Federal Banks are fun, the library, Waller street ledges (a few blocks from FTC on Haight street), Pier 7 manual pads, the island if you wanna skate flatground in front of a bunch of tourists.. Spend some time in the tenderloin, there's really no place quite like it. You'll have the best time if you just skate around, there's so much to hit in between everything I've mentioned. The iPhone app Skate Savant has a pretty solid map of SF spots if you wanna check that out. Just avoid fisherman's wharf (unless you want in-n-out).
Have fun dude!!

Edit: Make sure you skate fort miley. It's so fucking fun
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:29:49 AM by SIMPLY »

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 05:48:42 PM »
Best shop is Deluxe at 1831 Market street. Good dudes work there and they cut the middleman so you can get any Deluxe brand board for $45. Just around the corner from there is Soma west skatepark, you'd recognize it, fairly new, super fun park. It gets crowded (not unbearably) in the evenings but mornings there are pretty empty. As for mission burritos, you can't go wrong with El Farolito and Pancho Villa, though there are many other really good options. I really like this place La Palma Mexicatessan for tacos, they have homemade tortillas that are fuckin fuego, and it's a short skate from Potrero skatepark where you can watch Jake Phelps drink a 40 and yell at kids.
You can hit China Banks, Federal Banks are fun, the library, Waller street ledges (a few blocks from FTC on Haight street), Pier 7 manual pads, the island if you wanna skate flatground in front of a bunch of tourists.. Spend some time in the tenderloin, there's really no place quite like it. You'll have the best time if you just skate around, there's so much to hit in between everything I've mentioned. The iPhone app Skate Savant has a pretty solid map of SF spots if you wanna check that out. Just avoid fisherman's wharf (unless you want in-n-out).
Have fun dude!!

Edit: Make sure you skate fort miley. It's so fucking fun

If you want In N Out, avoid the tourist trap of Fisherman's Wharf and head to Daly City so you can grab burgers and then skate the mini ramp that's right next door. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »
Definitely hit Fort Miley, it's a sick spot and Sutro Baths and Land's End are close if you're into nature. Last time I was at Soma, someone stole my friend's backpack so just be careful there. Skating around downtown and just hitting whatever spots you come by is always fun too.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:09:18 AM »
Definitely hit Fort Miley, it's a sick spot and Sutro Baths and Land's End are close if you're into nature. Last time I was at Soma, someone stole my friend's backpack so just be careful there. Skating around downtown and just hitting whatever spots you come by is always fun too.

Damn, that's a bummer.. Surprisingly never heard of that happening there before, everyone there generally looks out for each other's stuff. There will always be some characters though

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, that's a bummer.. Surprisingly never heard of that happening there before, everyone there generally looks out for each other's stuff. There will always be some characters though
Yeah we had three film cameras in there so we were pretty bummed... The thing is, whoever did it also took the time to go through his wallet (also stupidly in the backpack) and left it there for us cause there was no cash. So that was nice I guess? But some dude was also sitting there the entire time and when we tired to ask him for help he said he didn't want to "snitch"