Author Topic: Magic The Gathering  (Read 60 times)

LeDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
Magic The Gathering
« on: Today at 08:24:20 AM »
Does anyone here play? I've just recently got into playing it again after a 5 year hiatus.

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
  • sup dog
Re: Magic The Gathering
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:18:37 AM »
Does anyone here play? I've just recently got into playing it again after a 5 year hiatus.
Congrats you just hit zero rep today :)

I’ve always wanted to play.  A friend in high school played, and he showed me how once with an extra set. Then it wasn’t till college when I had a friend who REALLY made it interesting by talking about his strategies and deck building. He would have won States, but came in third because of really bad luck and could never pull lands.

He had a deck that essentially never let the opponent ever have a turn as they get slowly dismantled (like being digested in the Scarlac Pit in the Tatooine desert for a 1000 years, ha). It all depended on drawing those lands, though, to get it started.

Now, I think it would be fun to get into it, but there are SO many more parts to it than back in 2002, and seems ridiculously overwhelming.

Plus I really don’t have time to go to the card parties at shops, or whatever they’re called.

I know there’s online, and people have said that’s a good way to get into, but it’s still so overwhelming and I’m done in life learning complicated things.

I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.