Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364760 times)

Síota, Shrimp and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

#switchgod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -98
  • One love.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #540 on: June 03, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cant imagine doing a podcast focused entirely on skateboarding multiple times per week... I’m surprised they have stuck at it this long.
[close]

What else do they have going on? They surely haven't been hopping fences to get clips.
[close]

And you have? Foh.

Wtf is up with the Nine Club? Laying down history. That's what's up with the Nine Club. The Grosso interview. The 5 hr. long Vallely interview. Lance getting misty eyed. Dollin drinking 15 beers. These will live on forever. Y'all would rather have a blank page where the Nine Club is. Wtf is wrong with y'all?
[close]

The world did not need that.

Hah, maybe. Better than a blank page there. I'm not the biggest Vallely fan but there is no denying his contribution to skateboarding's history. It's like VladTV. You may not like the featured guest, but it's laying down the history that is important. Not like, dudes over 30's hat wearing timeline.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 782
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #541 on: June 03, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Does he not wear hats anymore?
I swear to god that did my head it this fucking panel and they’ve all got stupid caps on

Anyone over the age of thirty that wears those stupid hats is a tosser. Cunts just get used to it and it becomes part of their identity and it’s fucked
[close]

Matty, mate, relax!

Matty with the hot take but he ain’t wrong. Sad to see grown men wearing Vans or RVCA logo hats, and nobody with a spitfire logo hat is gonna be taken seriously

I think matty is indirectly vouching for self care, taking care of one’s own hair by styling it everyday and going to the barber versus throwing a hat on and calling it done instead of treating urself like the king you are.

nothing's been the since same

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #542 on: June 03, 2021, 11:25:47 AM »
Conspiracy theory: Crob was balding and wore a hat to cover up.  The podcast was a desperate attempt to be able to afford plugs.  It paid off, and now he's triumphantly flaunting the baby chimp hair he had surgically installed on his dome.

I think this is what adam22 did

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #543 on: June 03, 2021, 11:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cant imagine doing a podcast focused entirely on skateboarding multiple times per week... I’m surprised they have stuck at it this long.
[close]

What else do they have going on? They surely haven't been hopping fences to get clips.
[close]

And you have? Foh.

Wtf is up with the Nine Club? Laying down history. That's what's up with the Nine Club. The Grosso interview. The 5 hr. long Vallely interview. Lance getting misty eyed. Dollin drinking 15 beers. These will live on forever. Y'all would rather have a blank page where the Nine Club is. Wtf is wrong with y'all?

You mad? I guess if you enjoy the most vanilla history this would be the place to find it. I could honestly live in a world without skate podcasts at all. And as a matter of fact I have been getting some clips, just don't need to hop fences as school yards aren't really an east coast thing.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #544 on: June 03, 2021, 11:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

You mad? I guess if you enjoy the most vanilla history this would be the place to find it. I could honestly live in a world without skate podcasts at all. And as a matter of fact I have been getting some clips, just don't need to hop fences as school yards aren't really an east coast thing.

Bro, it ain't 60 minutes. It's not Crossfire. It's "Hey, how did street skating start?" to the dudes that FUCKING STARTED IT and letting em go. You'd rather have a blank page.

I would have bet 10,000 doge you were from the East Coast. What's your latest clip? Backside noseslide to drop shuv out?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #545 on: June 03, 2021, 12:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

Bro, it ain't 60 minutes. It's not Crossfire. It's "Hey, how did street skating start?" to the dudes that FUCKING STARTED IT and letting em go. You'd rather have a blank page.

I would have bet 10,000 doge you were from the East Coast. What's your latest clip? Backside noseslide to drop shuv out?

Nah, noseslides are a worthless trick

Last thing I filmed was this line that I probably wont even use cause I rolled into the dirt. But fuck me for wanting to put out mediocre street part at 35
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

nickpaolucci

« Reply #546 on: June 03, 2021, 12:26:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Last thing I filmed was this line that I probably wont even use cause I rolled into the dirt. But fuck me for wanting to put out mediocre street part at 35

tasteful line

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #547 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're the one who was throwing shade on the Nine Club guys not hopping fences to get clips. And Nik Stain would beg to differ on noseslides. Bitchin clip though. Good enough to clown a show with a guy almost your age fakie tre-ing to fakie mannying the stage? Gonna go with "no" on that.

TheDingus

« Reply #548 on: June 03, 2021, 12:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m guessing you ride a polar board.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #549 on: June 03, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice line man
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #550 on: June 03, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're the one who was throwing shade on the Nine Club guys not hopping fences to get clips. And Nik Stain would beg to differ on noseslides. Bitchin clip though. Good enough to clown a show with a guy almost your age fakie tre-ing to fakie mannying the stage? Gonna go with "no" on that.

I didn't come at any or their skills, just lack of using them. How many years ago was the fakie tre fakie manny? Kelly is like 2 years older than me and was pro, of course my shitty little line isn't going to compare. I guess I should hang it up and start a podcast. I work 60 hours a week have a wife and 3 kids and I can still manage to get out in the streets for a few hours a week, that's all I was alluding to. Apparently that was lost on you.

I've never owned a Polar deck, I typically ride Quasi or Hockey, FA in a pinch since they're the same shape

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #551 on: June 03, 2021, 01:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn't come at any or their skills, just lack of using them. How many years ago was the fakie tre fakie manny? Kelly is like 2 years older than me and was pro, of course my shitty little line isn't going to compare. I guess I should hang it up and start a podcast. I work 60 hours a week have a wife and 3 kids and I can still manage to get out in the streets for a few hours a week, that's all I was alluding to. Apparently that was lost on you.

Expand Quote
[close]

I've never owned a Polar deck, I typically ride Quasi or Hockey, FA in a pinch since they're the same shape

I never took shots at any of that. I never told you to quit or anything like that. But you're trying to say these dudes don't skate enough to be doing a podcast or something to that effect. Who cares? They're in their 40s or close. These guys are certified. They do that pod to stay engaged in skating and maybe a few of em can eek out a living. You tried to clown em. Jeron switch varial heeled a table 25 years ago so nice he don't gotta hop no fences to prove shit to you or any of us.

Sorry you had to take the brunt of me railing on nerds talking shit about something I think is awesome. Kook away, kooks.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #552 on: June 03, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I never took shots at any of that. I never told you to quit or anything like that. But you're trying to say these dudes don't skate enough to be doing a podcast or something to that effect. Who cares? They're in their 40s or close. These guys are certified. They do that pod to stay engaged in skating and maybe a few of em can eek out a living. You tried to clown em. Jeron switch varial heeled a table 25 years ago so nice he don't gotta hop no fences to prove shit to you or any of us.

Sorry you had to take the brunt of me railing on nerds talking shit about something I think is awesome. Kook away, kooks.

Still missing you, I'll repost the quote for you.

Expand Quote
[close]

Old_Dawg mentions not being able to do a pod focused around skating multiple times a week, and being surprised they're still at it. I responded by mentioning it's not like they are doing anything else, which last time I checked they aren't, so that isn't even really throwing shade. You're the one that got oddly defensive and came at me about getting clips. Tried throwing shade at me saying I'm doing nose slide flop shuvs and when I produced something of a higher caliber than said noseslide flop shuv you told me it wasn't a fakie tre fakie manny from 6 fucking years ago. My shit isn't getting me any checks or product but at least it's from a few weeks ago, within the calendar year.

Again not saying they aren't/weren't talented in their own right. Just an off handed comment they don't have shit else going on, which I stand by.

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #553 on: June 03, 2021, 02:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Still missing you, I'll repost the quote for you.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Old_Dawg mentions not being able to do a pod focused around skating multiple times a week, and being surprised they're still at it. I responded by mentioning it's not like they are doing anything else, which last time I checked they aren't, so that isn't even really throwing shade. You're the one that got oddly defensive and came at me about getting clips. Tried throwing shade at me saying I'm doing nose slide flop shuvs and when I produced something of a higher caliber than said noseslide flop shuv you told me it wasn't a fakie tre fakie manny from 6 fucking years ago. My shit isn't getting me any checks or product but at least it's from a few weeks ago, within the calendar year.

Again not saying they aren't/weren't talented in their own right. Just an off handed comment they don't have shit else going on, which I stand by.

Like I said, sorry you caught the brunt of that. Should have directed at the entire 19 page thread hating on something I find very entertaining (sometimes) I'm glad they're doing it basically so seeing page after page of people...meh, anyway. Truce.

That being said, I think all of em got other shit going on. Other than CRob. I think just being CRob is a full time job. But Kelly is judging in Rome right now and is TM of Mob and still rips. Roger helps produce other shows/handles all the shipping. Jeron co-owner of Diamond and a weed co., Steezus has a full time job I think, Justin don't know...just saying. Y'all (mbbe not YOU) just be shitting on people doing good shit way too much.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #554 on: June 03, 2021, 04:17:39 PM »
you’ll cowards won’t even post clips

KRKD1

« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2021, 05:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And you have? Foh.

Pretty much that. dudes crushing beers stopped being impressive to me in like the 10th grade. The dollin interview is where I stopped watching. These blessed bastions of skateboarding just feed a washed up legend whose life let alone career is gonna be cut short heavily by alcohol an entire case for views. I get it's a skateboarding podcast and professionalism in podcasting is an oxy moron. but if your aim is good content maybe don't provide your interviewee with an entire case of beer. Couldn't get though more than an hour.

It's like if they ripped guy Mariano out of whatever crackhouse he was in at the time and just gave him a rock or some dope and let him get on with it. Fuck that sorta shit. With the exception of the car wash attempts dudes only notable trick the also decade is that he drank 15 beers on a podcast. Whack.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »
you dont have to like the nine club but if you're talking shit on it you're a fucking idiot.

it takes work and these dudes put in hours upon hours to provide content that's about skateboarding.

ya'll fucking stupid as shit.  this whole forum is full of bitter idiots

also i'd be willing to wager that MOST people on here DO in fact watch the nine club from time to time. 

shut your fucking mouths

also whoever said noselides arent a good trick doesn't even fucking skate/or cant do a good noselide

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
you dont have to like the nine club but if you're talking shit on it you're a fucking idiot.

it takes work and these dudes put in hours upon hours to provide content that's about skateboarding.

also i'd be willing to wager that MOST people on here DO in fact watch the nine club from time to time. 

shut your fucking mouths

also whoever said noselides arent a good trick doesn't even fucking skate/or cant do a good noselide

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2021, 06:53:34 PM »

shut your fucking mouths

I didn’t say noseslides weren’t good tricks, I said they were worthless. I’d much rather crook or nose grind something. Look and feel better.

I also never said I didn’t listen to it. I said they aren’t out in the streets anymore. And if they are putting in so much work to produce 4 hours of content a week that they can’t street skate they are clearly fucking up. There is no chance that podcast is pulling enough revenue to support 7-8 dudes to put in that many hours. Call me bitter all you want, I’ll take my day job over that amount of hustling all day.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
I back the nine club. But I havent istened to a stop and chat in 2 months. Get back to it guys. I don’t need to hear the same
Stories again.what the fuck  is mike v going to say that he didn’t say in 4 and a half hour episode ? 

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #561 on: June 03, 2021, 07:35:05 PM »
Christ I’m so embarrassed for all of you right now

No winners here, all losers

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #562 on: June 03, 2021, 07:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote

shut your fucking mouths

[close]

I've been here for over 10 years and its about as bad as its ever been tbh

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #563 on: June 03, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »
Just on the haircut thing I would always get like four haircuts a year cause I never really knew like what to ask for or whatever and it got too hard so in the end I would shave it I just wrote haircuts off anyway

I got a particularly bad one a little while ago
This is going to sound like a joke but it’s true so I went to this mad cheap place with photos on the wall and I asked for a Russell Crowe my mate was with me and he’s laughing as she’s cutting my hair and I’m half laughing half wanting to cry she did the shittest job and I kinda thought you know what I’m not even gonna say anything it was that bad

Anyway after that I went to this sick barber it was 49 or 50 I can’t remember but they gave me a beer and the sickest haircut I was really pleased and I go there now but even if I didn’t go back I’m pretty sure I could go to a cheaper joint and say something like so I haven’t had a haircut in a month just follow on like how it woulda been a month ago

It’s your fucking face guys look after your shit

Backtail shove was dope
listen to cosmic psychos

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #564 on: June 03, 2021, 08:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does he not wear hats anymore?
I swear to god that did my head it this fucking panel and they’ve all got stupid caps on

Anyone over the age of thirty that wears those stupid hats is a tosser. Cunts just get used to it and it becomes part of their identity and it’s fucked
[close]

Matty, mate, relax!
[close]

Matty with the hot take but he ain’t wrong. Sad to see grown men wearing Vans or RVCA logo hats, and nobody with a spitfire logo hat is gonna be taken seriously

I think matty is indirectly vouching for self care, taking care of one’s own hair by styling it everyday and going to the barber versus throwing a hat on and calling it done instead of treating urself like the king you are.

What the fuck is wrong with a man wearing a cap, and you think people care about the logo a cap has on it?

Are you really young or just surrounded by incredibly pretentious fuckwits?

Do you imagine when you become an adult and successful you have to start wearing a top hat and monocle or something.

I must must have missed the joke, this can't be serious.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:07 PM »
I dunno they, do fuck all if you’re working outside just get one of those straw fuckers from Bunnings those wide brim ones protect heaps more

I know I lost my mind in the other thread so yeah but I’m not like hella fired or anything just like saying my opinion
And I just mean like dudes that like don’t go anywhere without the cap and they wear it indoors and stuff

I don’t care if someone’s got a deal where they gotta wear the cap for footage or whatever I just mean in like daily life a lot of the adults I met that seem to have a cap sikaflexed to their head have been shitcunts

Sorry if anyone on here is triggered I fuck with heaps of you and we never met so maybe it’s just cunts in Australia that always have a cap on like on jobs and in restaurants and shit that pisses me off

But also don’t give up on your faces a good haircut will make you stand up straight those women are on to some shit with the making themselves feel nice and shit
listen to cosmic psychos

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #566 on: June 03, 2021, 09:30:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

shut your fucking mouths

[close]

[close]

I've been here for over 10 years and its about as bad as its ever been tbh

It's true. Bitches talking more about dudes over 30 wearing hats or fucking filming styles over tricks.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #567 on: June 03, 2021, 09:34:50 PM »
Yeah cause a bitch is the lesser right
Wanker
listen to cosmic psychos

#switchgod

• One love.
« Reply #568 on: June 03, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
Yeah cause a bitch is the lesser right
Wanker

You're right. I'll go with T-Dog from now on.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: June 03, 2021, 09:52:17 PM »
I don’t get it sorry
I don’t want to trade burns or whatever and just go until there’s a winner and a loser it was just like my opinion man and I am sorry if if I have upset you
listen to cosmic psychos