Author Topic: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here  (Read 133959 times)

ScreamingHand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
Re: Mind Field Spoilers: The Hour Is Here
« Reply #1290 on: February 17, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »

heath's interview is amazing, and the fs flip is amazing and the bs flip sequence is also amazing. heath soty 2009.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1291 on: February 17, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »
heaths interview was great

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1292 on: February 17, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
Expand Quote
ive never even seen heath do a frontside flip.

[close]

Holy Christmas! As sick as that is, I kind of wish he'd gotten towed in by an Enduro and the dude jumped the gap on the bike right next to Heath.

That'd be an ender.

Possibly an ender ender.
damn heath was just warming up...

hammers coming soon!
SOTY material!

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #1293 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
Could someone do a good scan of the Heath interview please? I would like to read it.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #1294 on: February 18, 2009, 03:24:02 PM »
I thought it was awesome, that AVE five-oed and nosegrinded the same rail he 50-50-ed in "Photosynthesis".

Miami Dolphins

• Rep: 1
  • the dolphin's cheerleaders changed my life.
« Reply #1295 on: February 18, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »
Did anybody else notice that Berra's footage is all sped up?  A friend of mine noticed this so when I watched it a second time, I kept an eye on it and he's right.  Pretty lame imo.   I think it would have been a decent part if it was in actual speed.

Epic

« Reply #1296 on: February 18, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »
OK.  heres my review. (I actually bought the video!)

Out of 10 the video gets an 8.5

The packaging was superb.  I like the book style case.  Very classy  ;)

Omar - Very good.  Yet very expected.  All around good part.
Jake - Had the kind of part a deput part should be.  Gnar, yet stylish.  Future of skateing.
Arto - Amazing.  Stepped it up.  Wished it was longer, but the quality of skateing was unmatched...next to Heath.
Dylan - Steezy, and overall amazing.  Didn't expect such a part from a women. The song made the part might I add.
Rob - Very disapointed.  Thought he would show some true skill.  But i was wrong.
Steve - Plagued with injury.  Yet I thought his part was pretty good.  The yellow rails are alittle much.
Kalis - Innovative yet classical.  Showed that the older guys still can be ground breaking ala fully flared
Grant - Amazing skateing.  Very suprised how much better hes gotten in the past few years.
Dill - In my opinion best part.  Stylish, graceful and overall classic Dill.  Song was very well chosen.
Bledsoe - Better version of Malto.  This kid is amazing.  He has seriously come out of no where.  Its truely the future.
Taylor - As expected pretty good.  Not very creative, but you cant deny his talent.  Overall a very good part.
AVE - Classic part from him.  always enjoy his fresh approach at skating.
Heath - He always seems to fly under the radar and then comes out shitting on everyone.  Wish his part was longer though.  Even though Stay Gold is lurking closer and closer.

Overall this video kicked fully flareds ass and i love that video.  Best video in the past five years.  Unlike most videos, it is ageless, timeless, and altogether a masterpiece.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #1297 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
Did anybody else notice that Berra's footage is all sped up?  A friend of mine noticed this so when I watched it a second time, I kept an eye on it and he's right.  Pretty lame imo.   I think it would have been a decent part if it was in actual speed.

the only thing i liked about that part was how fast he skated, oh well

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #1298 on: February 18, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ive never even seen heath do a frontside flip.

[close]

Holy Christmas! As sick as that is, I kind of wish he'd gotten towed in by an Enduro and the dude jumped the gap on the bike right next to Heath.

That'd be an ender.

Possibly an ender ender.
[close]
damn heath was just warming up...

hammers coming soon!
SOTY material!

holy fuck he frontside flip it as well, damn if hes not soty then thrasher is going don the wrong road

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1299 on: February 18, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »

Jake - Had the kind of part a deput part should be.  Gnar, yet stylish.  Future of skateing.
Arto - Amazing.  Stepped it up.  Wished it was longer, but the quality of skateing was unmatched...next to Heath.
Dylan - Steezy, and overall amazing.  Didn't expect such a part from a women. The song made the part might I add.
Rob - Very disapointed.  Thought he would show some true skill.  But i was wrong.
Steve - Plagued with injury.  Yet I thought his part was pretty good.  The yellow rails are alittle much.
Kalis - Innovative yet classical.  Showed that the older guys still can be ground breaking ala fully flared
Grant - Amazing skateing.  Very suprised how much better hes gotten in the past few years.
Dill - In my opinion best part.  Stylish, graceful and overall classic Dill.  Song was very well chosen.
Bledsoe - Better version of Malto.  This kid is amazing.  He has seriously come out of no where.  Its truely the future.
Taylor - As expected pretty good.  Not very creative, but you cant deny his talent.  Overall a very good part.
Heath - He always seems to fly under the radar and then comes out shitting on everyone.  Wish his part was longer though.  Even though Stay Gold is lurking closer and closer.

Overall this video kicked fully flareds ass and i love that video.  Best video in the past five years.  Unlike most videos, it is ageless, timeless, and altogether a masterpiece.
A "masterpiece" gets 8.5/10, you are the epitomy of everything that is gay about critics.

mbl88 reincarnated

• Rep: -15
« Reply #1300 on: February 18, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »
dill had the best part my arse, go jerk off some more dogs ya faggot.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #1301 on: February 20, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
just got the dvd, tons of rad extras. i'm wondering if marquise henry is only not full on due to him living on the west coast, because the part he had in the bonus was way better than a lot of pro parts that are coming out these days.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1302 on: February 20, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A "masterpiece" gets 8.5/10, you are the epitome of everything that is gay about critics.
agreed, that whole thing was terrible. you wished heath's part was longer? that shit was super long, at least in comparison to his emerica part or his sight unseen part. those were like 2 minutes of every trick in slow motion. i don't recall bledsoe skating any handrails in his part, so how is he the better version of malto when that's what malto primarily skates? you meant "woman," not "women"; if you're gonna say a completely unfunny joke at least spell the words in it correctly. and i just don't understand how you don't know how to spell "skating." you've had to have seen it all over this board a million times.

2NTRFIG

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1303 on: February 20, 2009, 08:59:57 PM »
just got the dvd, tons of rad extras. i'm wondering if marquise henry is only not full on due to him living on the west coast, because the part he had in the bonus was way better than a lot of pro parts that are coming out these days.
youre right!
i think its awesome that his footage blew away the dudes footage with the fucking tv show. while that kids prolly working some shitty job.!
bravo!
2NTR.COM
2NTR.COM

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #1304 on: February 20, 2009, 09:13:19 PM »
still hoping someone will give me the bonus!?

Epic

« Reply #1305 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
A "masterpiece" gets 8.5/10, you are the epitome of everything that is gay about critics.
[close]
agreed, that whole thing was terrible. you wished heath's part was longer? that shit was super long, at least in comparison to his emerica part or his sight unseen part. those were like 2 minutes of every trick in slow motion. i don't recall bledsoe skating any handrails in his part, so how is he the better version of malto when that's what malto primarily skates? you meant "woman," not "women"; if you're gonna say a completely unfunny joke at least spell the words in it correctly. and i just don't understand how you don't know how to spell "skating." you've had to have seen it all over this board a million times.

Ok.
1.  If you havent had a part in close to six years, you better have some footage stacked.  Thats my own opinion. 
2. Bledsoe actually did a fs hurricane to regs and fakie down a rail.  Malto does the same damn tricks on everything. 
3. If your only arguement was my bad grammer than fuck off.  As long as you could read the fucking review it shouldnt matter how my spelling was.  People like you make me sick.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1306 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Ok.
1.  If you havent had a part in close to six years, you better have some footage stacked.  Thats my own opinion. 
2. Bledsoe actually did a fs hurricane to regs and fakie down a rail.  Malto does the same damn tricks on everything. 
3. If your only arguement was my bad grammer than fuck off.  As long as you could read the fucking review it shouldnt matter how my spelling was.  People like you make me sick.
Okay.
1. heath has said somewhere that he's not like koston or anything where he starts filming the day after his last part comes out. he most likely didn't start filming until the filming for mindfield started, which i believe was like 3-4 years ago, not 6. and if he did have some footage from 6 years ago, chances are it would be throwaway.
2. yeah, bledsoe did do that one trick, it was sick, but it was on some like 7 stair rail or something. malto can go pretty big with handrails, and he can get tech (kickflip front crook on a handrail in some montage i remember), so there's still no comparison. like i said, malto parts are mostly rails, bledsoe's had maybe four rail tricks in total.
3. that was not my only argument, i had plenty. and it's spelled 'grammar'.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1307 on: February 20, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Ok.
Harden the fuck up!  dont be a sour puss, all i meant to say that you didnt make many critisisms in your review but gave it 8.5/10, the best vid of the past 5 years gets 8.5/10?

Waxer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1308 on: February 21, 2009, 06:04:56 AM »
Did you guys really think Mind Field is that good?! I was a bit dissapointed. The only good part were Dill, Heath and maybe AVE!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1309 on: February 21, 2009, 07:27:15 AM »
Did you guys really think Mind Field is that good?! I was a bit dissapointed. The only good part were Dill, Heath and maybe AVE!
Yeah... and everyone else.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1310 on: February 21, 2009, 07:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah... and everyone else.

ziiiing

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #1311 on: February 21, 2009, 08:06:52 AM »
I dont see how arto's part was better than Mikey Taylor's.

It feels like to me.
Nollie Noseblunt on rail > Arto's part

Saying that he isnt creative is wack. That is pretty much saying, "He doesn't want to skate the east coast!" or "He doesn't want to film tranny."

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1312 on: February 21, 2009, 08:45:21 AM »
They hate anyone with talent. People with talent don't need to use "unique" spots to be recognized.

Epic

« Reply #1313 on: February 21, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Ok.
[close]
Okay.
1. heath has said somewhere that he's not like koston or anything where he starts filming the day after his last part comes out. he most likely didn't start filming until the filming for mindfield started, which i believe was like 3-4 years ago, not 6. and if he did have some footage from 6 years ago, chances are it would be throwaway.
2. yeah, bledsoe did do that one trick, it was sick, but it was on some like 7 stair rail or something. malto can go pretty big with handrails, and he can get tech (kickflip front crook on a handrail in some montage i remember), so there's still no comparison. like i said, malto parts are mostly rails, bledsoe's had maybe four rail tricks in total.
3. that was not my only argument, i had plenty. and it's spelled 'grammar'.

If your getting paid to skate, then you should prolly have alot of footage considering thats your fucking job.
Bledsoe and malto skate alot of the same stuff/spots regardless of what you say. 
If I wanted someone to correct my grammar then I would still be in school. 

BUT ANYWAYS.  I dont want to argue anymore.  I had bad grammar.  You had bad arguementative points.  Its over.  (Don't forget to capitalize the first letter of a sentence by the way.  ;)

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #1314 on: February 21, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »
<--- This guy still hasn't seen this video.

Could somebody help me out with that?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1315 on: February 21, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »
Ugh, I haven't seen it yet either. I'm blowing it.

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1316 on: February 21, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »
I was actually suprised with how much I liked Taylor's part. My opinion on his parts went from "Uggghhh" for In Bloom, to "Oh this is better" in skate more, to me watching his part to get hyped before skating in Mind Field. Well, his parts and a bunch of others, but still, I like how he has cut down on the Nollie crooks because it seemed like every other trick of his in in bloom was a nollie crooks

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #1317 on: February 21, 2009, 03:45:53 PM »
finally got to watch the video last night.

to the guy who said dill had the best part..  you're obviously just trying to look core or some shit.  he just seems to do the same shit in every part i see from him.  slappies on curbs just aren't really pro material in my opinion.  grant taylor's part surprised me..  that front board from the bump to the top of the fence door was really cool.  bledsoe's ender was in a thrasher i think a year ago but still deserved to be where it was in his part (i won't say what it was so i don't ruin it for people, all i can say is carlsbad).  that kid's really progressed since being on pharmacy.  dyrdek disappointed me for sure...  huge digression from his part in the dc video.  he's doing a "bam" from what i can tell.. as in focusing more on his tv shows than skating.   

i liked reider's ender too.  his part reminded me a lot of his skating from that quiksilver promo but with a little bit of progression.  this is a video that you can watch more than once and not be bored.  heath's part was way better than i expected, and i expected it to be good anyways but the song was a good choice and he didn't let anyone down.  i just thought he was going to save all his best footage for emerica but it looks like we'll be seeing another grade a part for that too.  great video.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
« Reply #1318 on: February 21, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »
finally got to watch the video last night.

to the guy who said dill had the best part..  you're obviously just trying to look core or some shit.  he just seems to do the same shit in every part i see from him.  slappies on curbs just aren't really pro material in my opinion.  grant taylor's part surprised me..  that front board from the bump to the top of the fence door was really cool.  bledsoe's ender was in a thrasher i think a year ago but still deserved to be where it was in his part (i won't say what it was so i don't ruin it for people, all i can say is carlsbad).  that kid's really progressed since being on pharmacy.  dyrdek disappointed me for sure...  huge digression from his part in the dc video.  he's doing a "bam" from what i can tell.. as in focusing more on his tv shows than skating.  

i liked reider's ender too.  his part reminded me a lot of his skating from that quiksilver promo but with a little bit of progression.  this is a video that you can watch more than once and not be bored.  heath's part was way better than i expected, and i expected it to be good anyways but the song was a good choice and he didn't let anyone down.  i just thought he was going to save all his best footage for emerica but it looks like we'll be seeing another grade a part for that too.  great video.
Oh yeah, switch fs 180 manuals back 3 outs aren't pro level.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #1319 on: February 21, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »
i think that was his ender, am i right?  thanks for pointing out one of the few good tricks in his entire part.  from what i remember he did a bunch of feeble grinds and a couple of slappies with his high riding socks on.  you can like or hate him, all i'm saying is compared to everyone else in the video besides dyrdek he just wasn't even on the same caliber. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 04:02:11 PM by popeyesfriedchicken »