Author Topic: There are now Scooter Shops???  (Read 2962 times)

ohhgreenworld

There are now Scooter Shops???
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »
I was in a nearby mall with the girlfriend (shitty excuse) the other day, and i walked by a full-on scooter shop...
It had scooters hanging on the window, had a workbench, and glass-case.
Everything a skateshop would have, but it was entirely for scooters. I would have taken photos but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

I was completely dumbfounded and shocked....and kinda mad?
Not sure how i feel about this but i think scooters are gonna be sticking around for awhile   :(

Has anyone else seen one????

straight

Re: There are now Scooter Shops???
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:08 PM »
What about head shops? They got the same layout. I once seen dildos and bongs in the same display case. I'm talking about some high quality hand blown dildos too

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »
I haven't but the amount of scooters popping up in SF has been crazy. And I am not even talking about these stunt kids. I am talking about grown ass men or techies that I see strolling all over downtown cause they are two lazy to walk a couple of blocks. I even consistently see those remote control long boards as well that are battery powered.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
So lame dude, scootering is like people who are too pussy to skate. Even i can tailwhip one of those things...
Scootering=Skateboarding with a safety handle

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »
Unfortunately one of the shops closest to me NC Boardshop sells scooters, it sucks seeing how it was the shop that put out the first Tiltmode video.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »
I haven't but the amount of scooters popping up in SF has been crazy. And I am not even talking about these stunt kids. I am talking about grown ass men or techies that I see strolling all over downtown cause they are two lazy to walk a couple of blocks. I even consistently see those remote control long boards as well that are battery powered.

lol yea seen the same in SF and San Jose, not so much here in Oakland dunno about Berkley...but there are a ton of penny boarders. 

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 02:24:52 PM »
Kids only scoot till they get hairy legs

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »
I one time saw some kid on a scooter do a 720 tailwhip. i wondered if that's their equivalent to the 3 shuv.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
It's an epidemic, the good scooters can cost 500. Still feels like it'll snap like a twig

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
Theres a pretty big one in Seattle that a bunch of kids at my local are always repping

Sucks how much scootering has grown. When will rollerblading make a comeback? At least that requires skill. Every kid under 12 seems to go with scootering these days because its so much easier than skating.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol yea seen the same in SF and San Jose, not so much here in Oakland dunno about Berkley...but there are a ton of penny boarders. 
Patagonia jacket Timbuktu bag apple watch

nothing's been the since same

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 04:50:54 PM »
It's an epidemic, the good scooters can cost 500. Still feels like it'll snap like a twig

You don't only blade but you scoot now too, next level kooking it

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »
Kids only scoot till they get hairy legs

Unfortunately this is not true. They just built a new park in my town, and any given night there will be 2-10 grown ass men (I'm talking early twenties) with beards "scooting." I even saw them playing SCOOT, which was downright embarrassing. Though it was funny to see the forty year old "cool dad" scooting in full pads.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
Fuck.  I've been wondering if Scooting will ever develop a sub-culture like skateboarding. Horrifying.  I had to grip scooters when I had a skate-shop and always tried to get them skating, my line was, "So how old are you?  Oh well then you are old enough to start skating now!"  I used to to skate-camps and one kid skated and scooted, but after skating with him several times he went back to scooting and I felt like I failed skateboarding.

With their feet so close to the ground they might as well be be running around holding a broomstick in between their legs.  Also, no matter how crazy of a trick they do aesthetically it always looks like they have to piss really bad and are holding it in.

One time someone took my wax without asking and I politely asked where it went but no one fessed up and I got a little pissed, and then I found it right next to the rail this older scooter dude was scooting.  He had fully gone through puberty and I think was over eighteen and thinks he is hot shit and actually brought his girlfriend to the park before.  That was really scary to see him with a girl, I felt bad for her.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:11:42 PM by Budo »
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
Fuck.  I've been wondering if Scooting will ever develop a sub-culture like skateboarding. Horrifying.
One time in 2013 me and a buddy were learning ollie to fakie below the coping at our park. This scooter kid would go up to the quarterpipe and do a trick while we were obviously trying to fuck with it. After all was said and done and we'd each gotten ~7 ollie to fakies in and maybe tried some grabs the scooter kid starts to open his mouth- "I'm sponsored ya know" and "I'm almost pro to be completely honest" and something about his scooter company. Really creepy in an Edward Scissor Hands/Pleasantville type of way.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:45 PM »
Scooters will go the way of rollerblading. It will continue to grow for a while I'm sure but the fad will die out.

But more importantly, does it really matter what these kids are riding? Yeah, it looks lame and it isn't like, "badass" or whatever, but that doesn't affect me really. The main reason they suck is because they are almost always young and clueless and in the way. I hate them because they are young.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 08:48:58 PM »
theres one in my town, weirdo family run place. they ripped off the vans font/lettering so i hit my up vans rep, hopefully they can get them to change it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 11:18:08 PM »
Pretty sure I saw a kid with a five panel, dickies, and vans......riding a scooter....

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »

I work in the mission and see those fucks bringing electric longboards and scooters into the bars. Sometimes I have to double check that I didn't stumble into a gay bar but more often than not, I'm actually in Delirium.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
Pretty sure I saw a kid with a five panel, dickies, and vans......riding a scooter....

i saw a scooter kid wearing black dickies, black slip on vans, and a thrasher skate goat hoodie....
i was like are you kidding me??? not even your shit dude..
its funny too cause he scooted as if he was skating- doing like bean-plant stuff

dillanharp

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »
Unfortunately one of the shops closest to me NC Boardshop sells scooters, it sucks seeing how it was the shop that put out the first Tiltmode video.
Seeing Johnny Pryor adjust some Los Gatos milf's brat's handle bars was the last straw... That and $60 boards...

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 12:09:43 PM »
Open your eyes!  Dubstep, EDM, scootering, and selfie culture are the new normal.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »
Open your eyes!  Dubstep, EDM, scootering, and selfie culture are the new normal.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 02:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i saw a scooter kid wearing black dickies, black slip on vans, and a thrasher skate goat hoodie....
i was like are you kidding me??? not even your shit dude..
its funny too cause he scooted as if he was skating- doing like bean-plant stuff

Bladers used to wear skate shoes as their chilling shoes and thought nothing of it.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
Theres a pretty big one in Seattle that a bunch of kids at my local are always repping

Sucks how much scootering has grown. When will rollerblading make a comeback? At least that requires skill. Every kid under 12 seems to go with scootering these days because its so much easier than skating.

Tracer is trying to bring rollerblading back. Get with him about it.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Theres a pretty big one in Seattle that a bunch of kids at my local are always reppinks how much scootering has grown. When will rollerblading make a comeback? At least that requires skill. Every kid under 12 seems to go with scootering these days because its so much easier than skating.
[close]

Rollerblading never went anywhere, just less people do it now. It's a healthy activity would you rather see those people playing video games?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Theres a pretty big one in Seattle that a bunch of kids at my local are always reppinks how much scootering has grown. When will rollerblading make a comeback? At least that requires skill. Every kid under 12 seems to go with scootering these days because its so much easier than skating.
[close]

[close]
Rollerblading never went anywhere, just less people do it now. It's a healthy activity would you rather see those people playing video games?
The other day. Well. Last month on 4th of July weekend I got up early like "yes it's my day to have the park to myself" and I get there at ~10 AM and it's the Sunday after 4th of July. No ones going to be there cause everyone partied, right? WRONG! 4 MIDDLE AGED ROLLERBLADERS DOING SOLE GRINDS ON ALL THE RAMPS AND BOXES!!!!

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 05:02:01 PM »
To be fair, Dickies ain't even technically our shit. I'm sure there are laborers out there looking at these scrawny ass kids with their painted nails like what the fuck are you doing wearing dickies.

There's like more than one scooter shop within an hour of where I live. The same shop put out a decent skate full length, last fall or something. Bamboozle. I don't know what their deal is exactly, I just stay away from it. I'm surprised people are this surprised by it actually.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 05:24:27 PM »
To be fair, Dickies ain't even technically our shit. I'm sure there are laborers out there looking at these scrawny ass kids with their painted nails like what the fuck are you doing wearing dickies.

There's like more than one scooter shop within an hour of where I live. The same shop put out a decent skate full length, last fall or something. Bamboozle. I don't know what their deal is exactly, I just stay away from it. I'm surprised people are this surprised by it actually.

Would expect that more from the Cholos here in Cali, they've been wearing them as a style since the 80's

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 05:27:46 AM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.