Author Topic: Most satisfying trick of your life.  (Read 11739 times)

Spacenoid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Most satisfying trick of your life.
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2020, 12:32:46 AM »
either a pure floater fs 180 down a 7 stair or a fakie hardflip, both when I was 13 and had the fancy footwork. in skating, I peaked before I had a chin hair. I still land fun and challenging (for me) tricks but damn

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1518
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2020, 12:41:15 AM »
the beauty of skateboarding (for me) is that you can get a very satisfying trick down on almost every session. most of the times it is one of the staples, but you get one try that just feels incredibly good

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2020, 12:48:58 AM »
I'm part of little crew in a local area, consisting of 7-8 guys. I'm from out of town and was introduced to the crew by a friend, and I'm the oldest by 3-5 years. I've been skating most of my life but I don't have a competitive spirit and there are some jocks in the crew that only skate park and only like videos by O'neill and Nyjah, so we don't blend well but still hang out occasionally.

As a younger guy I really fucked my front foot ankle, which led to me losing all flips except the treflip, also the full interest to even try them - I just can't get the board flipping fast enough. I always stuck to bigspin variations, grinds and manual combos.

One of the jocks thinks he's the best of the team (he's not...) and is always the one insisting the longest on filming a line - it can take hours and no one is leaving for the next spot until he lands his shit, no matter what... and he has a superiority complex against me (me being a foreigner and having an accent in the local language).

So one day, he insists on doing a game of skate with me. I told him no thanks, I'm working on something else... and he then insists on doing a treflip only game of skate - that's how much he wanted to beat me down. So we only do treflips, and gain letters as it would be a regular skate game.

Fortune has it, it was close, but I ended up beating him, beautifully executed as well.

He never bothered me again. It still makes me smile, 5 years later. Fuck him.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2020, 12:55:20 AM »
First 360 flip. In around 1991 on a Mike Vallely Barnyard. I'd been trying them for hours every day for months because I thought they looked so cool in Hokus Pokus. Finally clicked when I thought of them like an over-rotated varial flip, as I recall.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2020, 01:03:39 AM »
A treflip behind walmart at 2am. I felt like Antwaun in Baker3

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2020, 01:29:09 AM »
was quite a few years back and naive old caption tells the whole story, but I'll never forget rolling away from this one despite the Baker maker, basically it was a funny idea I had had in my head for years but I thought I couldn't do it, the filmer kept insisting to go back and I somehow made it just as I was mentally giving up. could def get a clean one now, but I don't want to ever go back to that spot again

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 01:30:54 AM by silhouette »

KRKD1

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2020, 01:57:08 AM »

Hardflip over this lil handrail cause it was an all day pipe dreamed battle.

Fakie hardflip on a bank cause its prepitual motion and just works perfect once you get the proper pop and flick dialed in solid, it just does itself basically. A first try kinda trick that feels so lovely and goes down quickk once you've done a couple.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:02:55 AM by KRKD1 »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2020, 03:20:44 AM »
not really the hardest trick in the book and im still a bit upset i didnt roll a tiny bit further but its just one of those spots i'd always looked at and thought nah thats fucked then went down and scoped it out one day and it was indeed fucked but somewhat skatable. tail dropped it and rode down to the kink, next day went back and yanked it in.

in hindsight i probably could've rolled it a little bit more but there's no way you're properly rolling away from that thing

maybe this one too, went there with no real intention of doing anything on it, one of my friends said try nosepick, it went noseblunt instead so started going for that despite never doing a noseblunt in my life. an hour later got it sketchy as fuck

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 03:23:17 AM by cosmicgypsies »

TheSinforoso

« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2020, 03:27:48 AM »

nollie hardflip on this small drop

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2020, 05:18:13 AM »
I’m pretty shitty. No comply up a 5 set when I was 16 was probably the best thing I ever did
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2020, 05:29:21 AM »
First real BS grinds on ledge this morning, after 29 years on a board

Over there, genuinely giving me hope for myself.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2020, 05:53:19 AM »
probably either a front lip down a handrail or just a back 3 on flat (full rotation) are the best feeling tricks

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2020, 05:53:24 AM »
It wasn’t the best thing I can think of but  I’m weirdly the most stoked on when I was 15 there was an over sized 3 set. Not like a 3 block but normal stairs but each stair was like 2 or 3 feet long ( I remember each step was longer than a skateboard length) and it had barely any run up because you walked up the stairs into a bank (like a money bank not incline) so it was like Ollieng super far out with little room to get speed. Landing into shit brick. I’m stoked on it. I’ve definitely done cooler stuff and Ollied a bigger things later on but with that little of run up it was hard.

billyerlife

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2020, 06:32:54 AM »
was quite a few years back and naive old caption tells the whole story, but I'll never forget rolling away from this one despite the Baker maker, basically it was a funny idea I had had in my head for years but I thought I couldn't do it, the filmer kept insisting to go back and I somehow made it just as I was mentally giving up. could def get a clean one now, but I don't want to ever go back to that spot again

This trick has no business looking this good. It's beautiful.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2020, 06:43:20 AM »
I’ve always loved half cabs. The best feeling I’ve ever had from a trick was from landing one down an eight stair. I popped it weirdly and too late, almost lost the board in mid air, decided to plop onto it anyway, and somehow rode away. I felt like Jim Greco.

Close second was my first ten stair ollie, down the Stadthausbrücke 10 in Hamburg around 2000. It was scary because the run up is uphill so you can’t see the stairs, which are pretty big, until the very last moment. I’d also never jumped down anything that big. But Richie Löffler went down ahead of me and I just followed after and did it first try and got lots of props from all the Trap homies. Good times.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
Gotta be the first day I learned kickflips. Something just clicked and then they were on lock. Best feeling ever.

I got a crooked grind 360 shove out on a curved ledge where I wrapped the board around my front foot like an impossible.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1495
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2020, 07:30:05 AM »
Seriously, too many to mention from the almost 33 years of skating I've been lucky to roll.

I'm going to have to go with these:

Aala park (circa between Hokus Pokus/early world/New Deal era) - ollie one foot planting my front foot on the lip and coming back in fakie

Some abandoned department store in Lawrenceville, GA (1991) - There was a ramp to wall setup in there and I rode up the ramp and did a backside ollie nosebonk off of the wall (bouncing off the wall) and landed back in the ramp.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »

This is so sick
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2020, 08:24:21 AM »

Hardflip over this lil handrail cause it was an all day pipe dreamed battle.

Fakie hardflip on a bank cause its prepitual motion and just works perfect once you get the proper pop and flick dialed in solid, it just does itself basically. A first try kinda trick that feels so lovely and goes down quickk once you've done a couple.

I like that you felt the need to post this twice. That in itself must be satisfying.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2020, 08:44:35 AM »
Skating through Chicago at night, ollieing a 4 stair at full speed not having checked the landing or having been there previously, keeping on rolling.

GMB

• Rep: 8
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2020, 09:04:40 AM »
Kickflip over a wood pallet
So good  :D

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2020, 09:13:33 AM »
This trick has no business looking this good. It's beautiful.

This is so sick

Honestly thanks, that clip took so much out of me at the time that to this day, years later, whenever people just acknowledge it, it makes me feel a bit less crazy for having even thought of that trick there.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
Fs flip from bank over gap to flat, 2003. It was probably the only time I popped one high and had a "stomped" landing. It was on a 7.5 with venture low 5.0s, and es arto shoes I think. If not , accels. I remember that feeling often, and I stopped skating that day after I landed it because I knew nothing would top that feeling

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
Gotta be the first day I learned kickflips. Something just clicked and then they were on lock. Best feeling ever.

I got a crooked grind 360 shove out on a curved ledge where I wrapped the board around my front foot like an impossible.

Oh my God I remember the day before I learned kickflips (I had landed maybe 2 before in like 3 months of trying) I was getting so mad that the board kept getting wrapped up in my front leg and beating the fuck out of my shins.

Realized that night in a dream that I was flicking too much on the nose and basically doing dolphin flip motion. Woke up the next day at like 8am and I got them in like 3 tries, and about 1/10 after that. Felt so good.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »

Super random but do you mean frontside 360 shove around the front foot or backside 360 shove around the back foot? As much as I hate crooked grind 3 shuvs and dislike crooked grinds in general, both have potential to look fucked. I've been doing both types of nollie impossible for a long time and never even thought of it. The only remotely similar one I've done only a couple of times in my life, and always on a skatepark box was frontside nosegrind impossible out around the back foot (I also kind of did it out of backside nosegrind once but it kind of just flopped around and didn't wrap).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:46:03 AM by silhouette »

Yu Dum

« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2020, 11:50:46 AM »
First trick in this post. Landed on four different occasions, but the clip kept getting corrupted prior to getting it downloaded to the hard drive. Never been one to go back to spots to get a clip.

Whitedude

« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
Was skating a jump ramp which I never do and I don’t know if It was the giant 9 inch board I was riding at the time or what but I managed to bust the sickest Ollie north off the thing my front foot just flew off and I was somehow able to land it

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2020, 11:55:56 AM »
The first time I did a kickflip. I was rolling down street super slow and I had a Hook-Ups board with a hot teacher on it that had "School Sucks" written on the chalkboard.

I couldn't land the trick, but then one of my friends who could kickflip really high was like "put your foot here." I changed up my foot position and .....like magic a kickflip was landed.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:33 PM »
FS Heelflip on a mini ramp, fairly high over the coping. It was forever ago and I will never do anything this cool again.

at 0:40 in this video

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
Kickflip wallride chase 8 felt pretty good, the one time I tre flip lipped a 9 stair handrail probably maxed out both of those though