Author Topic: Look for insta clip at 90's EMB with back big spin on 7  (Read 966 times)

Big Spin podcast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
  • French podcast about skateboarders
    • BIG SPIN PODCAST avatar image
Look for insta clip at 90's EMB with back big spin on 7
« on: March 21, 2019, 03:47:09 AM »
Hi - I saw a couple of days ago a Insta clip at EMB, 90's, with someboady (Henry?) doing backside big spin on the 7?

Can't fucking find it again, have you any URL? Account?

Many thanks ;)

(and listen to podcasts)

bo golden

Re: Look for insta clip at 90's EMB with back big spin on 7
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:48:53 AM »
i know the clip you are talking about.  i cant remember exactly, but maybe check jake rosenberg or aaron meza's page.  could of been muckmouth or dear skating also.

shalom hardware

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 06:51:54 AM »
nbd archive recently did a string of big spin posts

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 07:34:11 AM »
maybe manolostapes or memory screen?

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »
Here you are, Henry at 29:55

Dope video called Quiet Storm. Right before that big spin, Carroll 360 flips the seven. Super sick!!! Lots of great stuff in that video.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »

Dope video called Quiet Storm. Right before that big spin, Carroll 360 flips the seven. Super sick!!! Lots of great stuff in that video.

Are you kidding me, how come I never saw that video. Thanks so much for posting this, lots of great clips indeed. The EMB footage is priceless. Made my morning.

I wonder if the dude who walked into the shot on the landing made it out alive that day. I think it looks epic though and I like the idea that people weren't so concerned about that kind of stuff in footage back then.

Not sure if Carroll rolled away from that one because the clip is cut so short, so are many others throughout the vid, but it looked so good I don't even give a shit. Probably many technical non-makes in the entire film and there yet nobody cared because the energy and form were what mattered, I dig that so much.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:49:56 AM by silhouette »

Big Spin podcast

• Rep: -1
  • French podcast about skateboarders
    • BIG SPIN PODCAST avatar image
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
MERCI !
thank you so much, i thought i dreamed...

The back BS is crazy...

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you kidding me, how come I never saw that video. Thanks so much for posting this, lots of great clips indeed. The EMB footage is priceless. Made my morning.

I wonder if the dude who walked into the shot on the landing made it out alive that day. I think it looks epic though and I like the idea that people weren't so concerned about that kind of stuff in footage back then.

Not sure if Carroll rolled away from that one because the clip is cut so short, so are many others throughout the vid, but it looked so good I don't even give a shit. Probably many technical non-makes in the entire film and there yet nobody cared because the energy and form were what mattered, I dig that so much.

Glad you were hyped! My friend and I used to watch the emb section so much when this came out, those two tricks are etched into my brain. I probably still have the random dub of this on vhs somewhere. I liked the filming too, shows the chaos of the session and that time period at emb in general. There are some guy tricks somewhere in there too if i remember correctly.