Author Topic: Moose Day in the Life  (Read 14619 times)

Robert Baratheon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
Re: Moose Day in the Life
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2023, 10:15:11 PM »
Even more depressing is that I think Home Depot would fire him if they ever saw this.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2023, 01:38:03 AM »
That was super depressing. Props to him for still chasing the dream. I didn't know mystery still existed.

You mean Pokémon cards or Curren‘s sister?

WhoCareZ

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2023, 08:40:31 AM »
Even more depressing is that I think Home Depot would fire him if they ever saw this.

This was my first thought. He’s filming other colleagues and snitching on himself taking unplanned breaks.  Given this is skateboarding YT, views won’t be high enough to get on Home Depot’s radar, so he’s probably chilling.

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2023, 09:52:47 AM »
I don’t see his life as sad. He’s got a little brother/son? Who thinks the world of him. He gardens. He has a full time job and he still skates enough to have his name on a skateboard. He seems content and definitely not depressed. I applaud his honesty.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2023, 11:28:34 AM »
This guy is tasteless. He has no taste

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2023, 11:42:53 AM »
At the Low Life tour demo in Frederick Maryland for Pitcrew Moose was probably mvp. He did Bs 360 over the rail at Hill St park plus countless other tricks. Left a huge impression on me. Goes to show a long career in skateboarding isn’t just about tricks. Dee also did alley oop Bs 180 over the rail.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2023, 11:53:22 AM »
Who the hell is this guy?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

WhoCareZ

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2023, 12:12:32 PM »

Went pro for deathwish like a decade ago and got kicked off shortly after cause he wouldn’t leave his Oxnard bubble to be with the team in LA. Fast forward to today and he’s renting an ADU behind his parents house and clinging on to some pipe dream of getting popular enough on YT to quit his Home Depot gig.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2023, 12:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Went pro for deathwish like a decade ago and got kicked off shortly after cause he wouldn’t leave his Oxnard bubble to be with the team in LA. Fast forward to today and he’s renting an ADU behind his parents house and clinging on to some pipe dream of getting popular enough on YT to quit his Home Depot gig.

Bleak
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

notskatetheorist

• Rep: -20
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2023, 12:18:30 PM »
https://youtu.be/LRUZHQOVMEY?si=KLxpPJjvOO4hVYSo

This was one of my favorite skate videos as a kid. If yall dont know him this is the video to watch, super good.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2023, 01:58:40 PM »

And finally does he not own a hose? Who waters their garden like that lol the fuck

Where does one even buy a hose these days?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2023, 02:18:30 PM »
Expand Quote

And finally does he not own a hose? Who waters their garden like that lol the fuck
[close]

Where does one even buy a hose these days?

Ahahaha. Thank you

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »
Moose used to spend a LOT of time hotboxing a car by himself outside Oxnard skate park so this seems to be a life improvement for him

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2023, 03:32:53 PM »
Moose used to spend a LOT of time hotboxing a car by himself outside Oxnard skate park so this seems to be a life improvement for him

nahhh he should've continued doing that, it would've been way better than this

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2023, 04:07:51 PM »
I don’t see his life as sad. He’s got a little brother/son? Who thinks the world of him. He gardens. He has a full time job and he still skates enough to have his name on a skateboard. He seems content and definitely not depressed. I applaud his honesty.

Yeah, dude just seems to be a little broke more than anything. Y’all making it sound like he’s Pappalardo in 2011.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2023, 08:44:41 AM »

Agree. People are getting too hard on him for this video. I wish I had the energy to keep my day job and still skate.

About the Pokemon cards, so what? It's nice to see he has the courage to show his hobbies to the world. I'm in my 30s and, while I still play video games, I never tell other adults about it because I'm sort of embarrassed.

notskatetheorist

• Rep: -20
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2023, 09:47:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree. People are getting too hard on him for this video. I wish I had the energy to keep my day job and still skate.

About the Pokemon cards, so what? It's nice to see he has the courage to show his hobbies to the world. I'm in my 30s and, while I still play video games, I never tell other adults about it because I'm sort of embarrassed.

Fuck yes, hes doing his thing and being honest and I respect it.

6ix9ine

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2023, 10:28:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If video games are a legitimate hobbie of yours in your 30s you should be embarrassed.

Collecting pokemon cards is not a hobby either. Men used to have cool hobbies like sailing, fishing, homebrewing, leatherworking and woodworking, hobbies that actually were quite useful. Even skateboarding is a good hobbie because it keeps you doing exercise and being social. Being in your 30s and collecting fucking cards with made-up monsters designed to appeal to children on them and acting like they are for some reason valuable is the most pathetic shit ever. The fact he has 'the courage' to show us his pokemon cards just shows that he is deluded about his life and probably still thinks he's going to make at as a pro-skater too.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2023, 10:43:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If video games are a legitimate hobbie of yours in your 30s you should be embarrassed.

Collecting pokemon cards is not a hobby either. Men used to have cool hobbies like sailing, fishing, homebrewing, leatherworking and woodworking, hobbies that actually were quite useful. Even skateboarding is a good hobbie because it keeps you doing exercise and being social. Being in your 30s and collecting fucking cards with made-up monsters designed to appeal to children on them and acting like they are for some reason valuable is the most pathetic shit ever. The fact he has 'the courage' to show us his pokemon cards just shows that he is deluded about his life and probably still thinks he's going to make at as a pro-skater too.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2023, 10:53:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fuck yes, hes doing his thing and being honest and I respect it.
he got barred from the industry for trying to get with curren caple’s 15 yr old sister when he was in his 20’s and now he vlogs pokemon cards and skating with jeff wonsong while wearing a shirt with his name on it

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2023, 12:31:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not a Moose or Pokemon card fan by any means but I'm still going to tell you to stfu regardless.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2023, 01:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Assuming you’re a skateboarder over 23 years old, I think you are being way too judgmental about age appropriate hobbies.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2023, 05:17:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That females have one hole for pissing and ANOTHER completely separate hole for fucking. Don't mean to sound vulgar but yeah female anatomy has always confused me.
Definitely listen to this guy when deciding what hobbies are age appropriate.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2023, 06:15:51 PM »
slap threads be like

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2023, 10:09:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
That females have one hole for pissing and ANOTHER completely separate hole for fucking. Don't mean to sound vulgar but yeah female anatomy has always confused me.
[close]
I’m slightly concerned that you would even remember that, but this is still splendid.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2023, 10:17:07 PM »
If he just had his lukewarm water smoothies, played games, collected pokemon, skated with underage girls,  and worked at Home Depot without filming any of it, people would just remember him as an old pro. The age of social media influence is a double edged sword. And one side of the sword is way more blunt and way more fucking depressing.
Icehead

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2023, 10:23:24 PM »
Side note:
This video is trending at 121,000 views in 6 days from his YouTube channel of 11,000 subscribers.
ableSkateMag.com

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2023, 10:28:34 PM »
Side note:
This video is trending at 121,000 views in 6 days from his YouTube channel of 11,000 subscribers.

Algorithm is pushing it , it’s been in my recommend views the last couple days. I watched out curiosity . I’d assume that sharing the link to slap pushes it in the algorithm like instagram does.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2023, 11:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I’m slightly concerned that you would even remember that, but this is still splendid.
You don't read something like that from a guy named 6ix9ine everyday so watched his career with reserved interest since.

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2023, 07:38:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Went pro for deathwish like a decade ago and got kicked off shortly after cause he wouldn’t leave his Oxnard bubble to be with the team in LA.

You know what the sad thing about this is? After watching this video, I went and watched recommended YT where he did an interview with John Hill a couple months back.

He mentioned he had a really toxic girlfriend at the time. How much you wanna bet he didn't want to leave Oxnard due to that?

So many dudes pass up big opportunities because of a girl they meet when they are teenagers. I have a friend who gave up a football scholarship because he didn't want to leave his girl behind. They broke up within a year.