Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39789 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2020, 01:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Self harmed today for the first time in a long time. Things have been not super chill lately.
[close]

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. if you need to talk you can feel free to reach out and pm me. I used to hurt myself quite a lot. Right now I'm trying to get off of some drugs and it's been very tough for me. I've basically been trying to pull it together and stop using for 7+ months. I feel like I'm almost able to but it's tough when I have to be around certain people and save face.

Life is a struggle.
[close]

thanks for the support, I'm feeling better.
[close]

Depending on what state you live in there might be a free hotline to call or other services while waiting on getting set up with a virtual appointment with a regular doctor/therapist.

For example: https://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/covid-19-resources.html

Thanks very much for posting that. I personally don't live in the USA but that's a cool service to know about.

I called my doctor yesterday, he's going to recommend a list of counselors. He's prescribed me xanax just for in case I lose control again, but hopefully I won't have to use them.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Self harmed today for the first time in a long time. Things have been not super chill lately.
[close]

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. if you need to talk you can feel free to reach out and pm me. I used to hurt myself quite a lot. Right now I'm trying to get off of some drugs and it's been very tough for me. I've basically been trying to pull it together and stop using for 7+ months. I feel like I'm almost able to but it's tough when I have to be around certain people and save face.

Life is a struggle.
[close]

[close]

Depending on what state you live in there might be a free hotline to call or other services while waiting on getting set up with a virtual appointment with a regular doctor/therapist.

[close]

Thanks very much for posting that. I personally don't live in the USA but that's a cool service to know about.

I called my doctor yesterday, he's going to recommend a list of counselors. He's prescribed me xanax just for in case I lose control again, but hopefully I won't have to use them.

hey dude, i'm glad your doctor is helping you, but please, please, PLEASE be careful with the xanax. it's really easy to lose control with any benzo, but xanax is especially easy to get caught up in misusing. wish you the best
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Zephyr-Cum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2020, 09:08:15 PM »
It's always fun to fluff up a mental illness so you can get pills.

Bullshit.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1106
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #333 on: May 20, 2020, 11:41:28 PM »
If you guys sleep with earplugs in, how does your alarm wake you up?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2020, 01:53:14 AM »
There's a saying that back in the days, people had less mental illness duo to working all day.
Why? Because they work all day, and therefore have no time to think. Letting your mind wander too much can be bad.

I strongly recommend, especially at these times, to get a hobby or something that occupies your mind. And at last, keep a consistent sleep schedule at all costs.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »
Disclaimer: I recognize that I’m fortunate to even be in the situation I’m in now, which millions of other people cannot say the same. With that said, I’ve always believed anxiety is a relative thing and I never point fingers at anyone for expressing their fears/anxieties, especially if I have never met them.

My company announced this morning they are extending our work from home period to the end of the year. I read that and immediately had a sinking feeling about it. My job can be done remotely, sure, but I am really starting to miss basic human contact with a lot of my coworkers.

Prior to this whole WFH period, I was traveling at least (1) week out of every month, internationally. Nothing ever felt the same and I thrived in that instability. Even being married (which I am so fortunate to have the wife I do), it was a really nice change of pace to see a new city or country every month. When the time permitted, my wife could also stay with me and experience everything I was and only had to pay for the plane ticket.

I’m on month 3 of not traveling and the lack of change is really starting to take its toll. I rarely go outside. I live in a relatively small/quiet suburb next to the ocean and I can’t even legally take a walk on the beach here. The basic things I took for granted are really starting to add up.

This morning, I woke up at 4:30a to work and the email came. I immediately started creating a grocery list to occupy my mind for at least the first half of the day. Went to the store and almost had a full-blown panic attack. For context, I grew up with excruciating social anxiety and eventually turned to Xanax. Within about 3 years, I was chewing Xanax bars and downing them with a beer at 6am before getting to work. Thank whatever higher power might be out there for rehab and family.

Anyways, the panic attack I had this morning was intense and made me immediately think two things: I don’t know how long I can strap a smile on my face through this and I really wish I lived in some desolate area where I was ignorantly blind to what’s happening.

This is a long ramble and I apologize if it sounds insensitive to people who have lost jobs, family members or anything else during this time. Keep your heads up and keep talking to each other here. Despite me rarely engaging on anything below the surface, I look forward to few things in my day and SLAP is one of them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:46:07 AM by fakie nollie »

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #336 on: May 21, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »
yeah dude real people couldn't care less about "problems" like that. shut the fuck up honestly its depressing to even glace at a post that 1 dimensional

Bata

« Reply #337 on: May 21, 2020, 08:47:45 AM »
literally pray every night this shit lasts a decade so people like you lose their fucking minds and kill themselves. no offense.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #338 on: May 21, 2020, 08:48:30 AM »
Fuck xanax.

"Shalom".

Bata

« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2020, 09:00:19 AM »
Thank whatever higher power might be out there for rehab and family.

smoke some weed and play some zelda games and thank me later

Bata

« Reply #340 on: May 21, 2020, 09:02:21 AM »
ya'll motherfuckers need Link not a higher power

if you want to pray to someone pray to ZFG1

Bata

« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2020, 09:04:06 AM »

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2020, 09:08:28 AM »
You must go over mountains... under water... and even through time..

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Reply #343 on: May 21, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »
yeah dude real people couldn't care less about "problems" like that. shut the fuck up honestly its depressing to even glace at a post that 1 dimensional

Update: I feel much better knowing you're miserable. Thanks!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #344 on: May 21, 2020, 10:43:16 AM »
Melatonin works well.

Pretty sure I'm bipolar. I go from energetic and motivated to angry and spiteful in a few seconds.

I myself am bipolar type 2. it sounds like you may be yourself. the way you describe it, sounds like me about 85% of the time. the medication helps manage it though. before that, people couldn’t be around me, couldn’t say I blamed them.lol
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Bata

« Reply #345 on: May 21, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Update: I feel much better knowing you're miserable. Thanks!

This has been a good day for me actually the weather is perfect and I spent the morning smoking weed and drinking coffee catching up on a few recent skateparts. Plan for the afternoon is to smoke more weed and beat the 2nd gym in Pokemon Crystal. Skated around a little earlier but not really feeling that coordinated today so skipping the park. Not drinking today cuz it's almost the weekend and I like to keep some concept of a week even though I haven't worked in years.

edit: forgot to mention i've been eating a bunch of cookies all day. hopefully i dont get too chubby I like to keep a slender frame
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:52:14 AM by Bata »

Bata

« Reply #346 on: May 21, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
I say harsh things sometimes because I think the person can handle it. I like your posts and skating silhouette you of all people have no reason to be experiencing anxiety or mental illness. If you want to see what mental illness due to prolonged social isolation looks like, well just read my riddle thread. Baffled that no one has come with the correct answer yet. 

Tracerstracer

• Rep: -38
« Reply #347 on: May 21, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »
It's always fun to fluff up a mental illness so you can get pills.

Bullshit.
you are a sociopath. easy to see. get help psycho

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #348 on: May 21, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 954
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #349 on: May 21, 2020, 10:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Life is a struggle.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I been on Xanax for most of my life. I'm almost off. I was up to 6 mg a day for like a decade. It's not good for positive change or forward momentum in life I swear. Might as well just drink.

I am PTSD with schizo effective blah blah blah and major addiction problems that are the fault of medication culture.

Getting a script of benzos is always a last resort. It means you just want to be high and disconnected. Plz think about this before filling the script.

I take other meds if you're interested in talking plz  message tomorrow or whatever.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #350 on: May 21, 2020, 11:34:12 PM »
If you guys sleep with earplugs in, how does your alarm wake you up?

It's a good system:

1 You use plugs because your sleep is shit.

2 You wake up despite the plugs because your sleep is shit.

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2020, 03:37:16 AM »
Xanax is for losers.

I like how the cat with a Crowley avatar claims to be bi-polar.

They used to call that schizophrenia. We live in disgusting times. Scientology is a lot more popular than people care to admit.

Anyway, Choronzon is a motherfucker. Not that any of you will get that. We should euthanize the mentally ill.

"Shalom".

Tracerstracer

• Rep: -38
« Reply #352 on: May 22, 2020, 08:29:26 AM »
We should euthanize the mentally ill.
thanks for volunteering. have fun being dead

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #353 on: May 22, 2020, 09:17:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The way we feel is a choice we make.

It is the only thing in the world over which you, and you alone, have 100% jurisdiction.
[close]
I disagree. How we choose to act/not act on the way we feel is a choice we make
[close]
yea, i mean try telling that to someone with full schizophrenia, like, you chose to be this way bro.
[close]

Outlook can help, but I get tired of the 'choose to be happy' shit. Like, not having a choice is what makes it mental illness. That's kinda the fucking point.

Like, my wife will say 'you don't have to check that' when I check locks, etc over and over. And I always tell her that I can choose not to, but that doesn't mean I don't suffer from the impulse.
[close]
SUFFER is the word of a VICTIM.

You WANT to be identified by OCD. It's pretty obvious. Gives you something to identify with and brings you attention whenever you make a big deal out of it. It makes a lot of people around you miserable. Stop being so selfish.

Lol, wut. Some of that is legit, and I'll give you that. In my teens therapists and shrinks all tried that whole turn it into a strength thing. This resulted in conflating something specific about me with being special. But that's bs. I saw through that a long time ago. I don't want to be identified by my faults or shortcomings, but I do want to peacefully share with/support others, as I was doing here.

You can pick nits and dissect my words and phrasing, but I certainly didn't give enough info for you to jump to such outlandish assumptions. FWIW, I actively hide my OCD in my private life. My son is almost grown and only recently even became aware that I have it, and that was only because we had a discussion in light of the pandemic going on.

My point here is that I get where you're coming from. You sound a lot like my wife, actually. Tough love/hard truths/etc. That's how she tries to help me, and I appreciate that. It works for some, not for others.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #354 on: May 22, 2020, 01:30:59 PM »
There's a saying that back in the days, people had less mental illness duo to working all day.
Why? Because they work all day, and therefore have no time to think. Letting your mind wander too much can be bad.

I strongly recommend, especially at these times, to get a hobby or something that occupies your mind. And at last, keep a consistent sleep schedule at all costs.

That doesn't sound right. With all the stimulus available to us instantly now I think work is probably where your mind wanders the most for a lot of people. Nowadays it's easy to constantly have something to stop you from thinking. Music or podcasts in your ear, checking social media, any spare minute can be taken up
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #355 on: May 22, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That doesn't sound right. With all the stimulus available to us instantly now I think work is probably where your mind wanders the most for a lot of people. Nowadays it's easy to constantly have something to stop you from thinking. Music or podcasts in your ear, checking social media, any spare minute can be taken up

I call bullshit, people engaged in anti-social behavior (mental illness) like nothing. Violence, racism and rape was rampant.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »
Xanax is for losers.

I like how the cat with a Crowley avatar claims to be bi-polar.

They used to call that schizophrenia. We live in disgusting times. Scientology is a lot more popular than people care to admit.

Anyway, Choronzon is a motherfucker. Not that any of you will get that. We should euthanize the mentally ill.

how many times have you smoked crack?
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Grind King Rims

« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2020, 03:40:46 PM »
Cara just ignore them.

How's everyone holding up? I'm eating and sleeping better and feeling better for it. Just gotta get back into a fitness routine and I'll be back on top :)

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #358 on: May 23, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
My mental health is fucking terrible like always. The nicer weather usually makes me more depressed but not this year cuz winter was way too damn long. I'd say I'm at a solid 2/10 which is pretty average for the course of my life. Just desperately holding onto what little sanity I have left and praying tomorrow doesn't come like always.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #359 on: May 23, 2020, 05:04:16 PM »
Cara just ignore them.

How's everyone holding up? I'm eating and sleeping better and feeling better for it. Just gotta get back into a fitness routine and I'll be back on top :)

I just want to give a major shout out to GKR, keep ya motha fucking head up and don’t let deez niggaz discourage you. U feel me dog?