Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988071 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4620 on: April 26, 2020, 02:32:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Conical Full 53mm 101d.
[close]
in the back of my head i regret getting the 99 instead of the 101a
[close]

Lol I would, 99 is defs superior unless you only skate smooth, non slippery parks.
i actually prefer the feel of 101a over 99a. for the few times i tried them, they respond to me better for some reason. slide when i want them to and grip when i need them.

bombed a parking garage spiral exit and my 99a concical fulls didnt slide well until i slipped out near the bottom. maybe its in my head but this roadrash is making me question doing 99a F4 ever again.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4621 on: April 26, 2020, 03:44:34 PM »
My like 5th pair of ACE. Previous 4 only lasted a few sessions each before going back to ventures. For some reason my brain thought it was a great idea to give em another go. We’ll see how it goes.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4622 on: April 26, 2020, 07:01:14 PM »
My like 5th pair of ACE. Previous 4 only lasted a few sessions each before going back to ventures. For some reason my brain thought it was a great idea to give em another go. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m about to do that with big boards: never works, until next time

Just had a nice session on a 7.75 with 5.2 hi’s. Not being

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4623 on: April 26, 2020, 07:01:43 PM »
So when you went back to Ventures did you just throw away the aces each time?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4624 on: April 26, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

These are the last four boards I‘ll buy for months . I already have 6 other decks waiting to get skated, but who knows what’s going to happen to board production/distribution in the short term. I’m hoping that what I have will last me the next 4-6 months
[close]

Sure buddy.....

Was going to try one of the Krooked Pricepoints decks a while ago, hope they are good.

AH John Cardiel 8.06
Came with 149 Thunder Team Standard (Green and Purple), Spitfire wheels and bearings. I'll keep the board (because Cardiel) and sell the rest for parts. Only unfortunate thing is the grip is the flaming Spitfire one.
[close]
M
I’m so curious about you:

You are not a child.
You are decent at skating.
You have means.

Why do you buy these wack combo-paks from what I can only assume are fucked up channels? I don’t understand it. I know you are in Europe or something, but wtf. You don’t have shops over there? Why the obsession with old, cobbled together packages of weird shit? Why not just get one, good thing?
Why am I being an asshole?
[close]
This made laugh a lot, but really a LOT. Thanks.

That means the most to me, thanks brah. I'm having that engraved on my tombstone.

I like picking up janky lightly used setups on 2nd hand sites in my country. I'm a bit of a truck & board hoarder and been trying to collect boards of the pros I liked growing up (Arto, Appleyard, Cardiel, Kirchart, AVE). Usually I pick up these lightly used or almost brand new boards for $40, keep the parts I like and flip the rest. I'm usually able to turn a $20-30 profit while keeping the stuff I like. The second hand market is big where I am (South-East Asia); brand new setup are pricey due to shipping and import taxes, a brand new setup costs $190 and up.

Was luck to pickup this setup for around $40, should be able to sell the trucks for $35, wheels for $20 and bearings for $10.

And no I don't think you're an asshole.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:12:48 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4625 on: April 26, 2020, 07:52:38 PM »
Just bought some Venture 6.1, SJ hardware and big balls.
I'll be setting a sweet 9" popsicle with STF 99 V4 54mm.
Super stoked.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4626 on: April 26, 2020, 11:08:28 PM »
Expand Quote

These are the last four boards I‘ll buy for months . I already have 6 other decks waiting to get skated, but who knows what’s going to happen to board production/distribution in the short term. I’m hoping that what I have will last me the next 4-6 months
[close]

Sure buddy.....

Was going to try one of the Krooked Pricepoints decks a while ago, hope they are good.

AH John Cardiel 8.06
Came with 149 Thunder Team Standard (Green and Purple), Spitfire wheels and bearings. I'll keep the board (because Cardiel) and sell the rest for parts. Only unfortunate thing is the grip is the flaming Spitfire one.
Unless someone magically gets a run of Anti Hero 8.1 eagles I’m not buying anymore boards. I’m already skating my current board longer than I normally would just to stretch things out as long as I can. It’ll be a bit till I skate the Krooked, but I’ll let you know how it skates. Comparing it to an eagle and a full I’d say it’s an in-between shape
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4627 on: April 26, 2020, 11:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Sure buddy.....

AH John Cardiel 8.06
[close]
Unless someone magically gets a run of Anti Hero 8.1 eagles I’m not buying anymore boards. I’m already skating my current board longer than I normally would just to stretch things out as long as I can. It’ll be a bit till I skate the Krooked, but I’ll let you know how it skates. Comparing it to an eagle and a full I’d say it’s an in-between shape

DLX boards are hit and miss with me. 8.06 x 31.8 x 14.38 worked great, 8.18 x 31.8 x 14.38 not so much, both paired with Thunder 148 Titanium. Almost went with the Krooked PP but went with a Prime wood blank.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4628 on: April 26, 2020, 11:49:44 PM »
Prime is real weird. I had this Markovich board from them that had a real close shape to the old DLX Tommy Guerrero jump ramp shape. It was great, so I got a few more. They were all different shapes and I hated all of them. Some guys that were around when Prime was at its peak said that they pulled that back then too. They pulled that stunt last year where they claimed some re-issue board was pressed and screened in LA by the same guys that did the original, but then it turned out that they were heat transfers from overseas once everyone got their pre-orders. They run a real weird program over there
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4629 on: April 27, 2020, 12:25:48 AM »
Prime is real weird. I had this Markovich board from them that had a real close shape to the old DLX Tommy Guerrero jump ramp shape. It was great, so I got a few more. They were all different shapes and I hated all of them. Some guys that were around when Prime was at its peak said that they pulled that back then too. They pulled that stunt last year where they claimed some re-issue board was pressed and screened in LA by the same guys that did the original, but then it turned out that they were heat transfers from overseas once everyone got their pre-orders. They run a real weird program over there

That a real shit move, no more burning my money on skate stuff. I'm tossing my money into PC building instead!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4630 on: April 27, 2020, 03:51:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So when you went back to Ventures did you just throw away the aces each time?

Nah, usually sell them on here or at the park. So maybe be on the lookout for some shlelby blue 44's once this rain clears.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #4631 on: April 28, 2020, 04:04:26 AM »
Just got this delivered. Almost symmetrical shape.

Bottom graphic

Top graphic

Dimension

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4632 on: April 28, 2020, 07:38:27 AM »
Just got this delivered. Almost symmetrical shape.

Bottom graphic

Top graphic

Dimension

Looks cool. That one is too long for me, but the shape is so tempting. What’s the measurement at the trucks? 8.75?

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4633 on: April 28, 2020, 09:11:59 PM »
Just a hot tip guys, add width=400 to your first img code like so [img width=400]. Saves scrolling through these huge pictures on browser

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4634 on: April 30, 2020, 04:41:34 AM »
Pretty happy with the 101 hoodie

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #4635 on: April 30, 2020, 04:50:43 AM »
Just a hot tip guys, add width=400 to your first img code like so [img width=400]. Saves scrolling through these huge pictures on browser

this is why I like imgur cuz you just select the resize option when you upload your photo. then just use the direct image link in [img] [ /img] with no spaces

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4636 on: April 30, 2020, 05:49:01 AM »
Bought this off craigslist yesterday. Quarantine got me feeling like a kid again.

JordanBrambleberry

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4637 on: April 30, 2020, 05:52:44 AM »
wknd nurse shark

anyone else ride this deck yet?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4638 on: April 30, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
Pretty stoked to still find the Brown/Gum Joslins around. Giving me early 2000s eS/Penny vibes with the colorway.
Volcom code, tactics, and my local shop come through with the goods!
Super Champion Fun Zone

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #4639 on: April 30, 2020, 01:32:09 PM »
Spreading that Corona check around.
At the local

Tactics

I get my online purchases sent to my work. Now my biggest concern is getting all this in the house and the looks/comments from the wife. Maybe I should just keep it at work.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 145
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4640 on: April 30, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »
Just bought some of the taupe rowans on sale hope I like em :)

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4641 on: April 30, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
I think I need that Slappys Felix shirt. Right now.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4642 on: April 30, 2020, 03:15:10 PM »
At the local

Tactics

I get my online purchases sent to my work. Now my biggest concern is getting all this in the house and the looks/comments from the wife. Maybe I should just keep it at work.

Why go home with that couch you got at work

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4643 on: April 30, 2020, 03:54:21 PM »
At the local

Tactics

I feel you my brother.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4644 on: April 30, 2020, 06:13:28 PM »
on sale where?

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #4645 on: April 30, 2020, 07:06:41 PM »
Got a run of boards made from Drifter just for me and the homies. Also bought a pair of Pig rails. Last board I had with rails was prob ‘06... and before that it was ‘92.

Also traded a set of Thunder 148s for some Venture 5.8

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4646 on: April 30, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
on sale where?

Empire has 20% off new products - pretty sure the rowan's count.

Canadian site

texasplant

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4647 on: May 01, 2020, 03:22:04 AM »
Finally pulled the trigger on 215’s. They’re building a big bowl near me soon, might as well get prepared

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #4648 on: May 01, 2020, 07:45:33 AM »
Just ordered some FP kingfoam insoles for my new balance 379’s. I’ve never tried switching insoles before so I’m curious to how much of a difference it’s makes.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #4649 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
Expand Quote
At the local

Tactics

[close]

Why go home with that couch you got at work

That couch is a sofa bed. So you're right, I very easily could just post up here. And I have a great curb in my parking lot.