Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988068 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 240
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6600 on: May 16, 2021, 07:50:18 AM »
Got a Picture Show deck. I like it but the tail is saggy/flexy as hell. Also got some parts and stuff from So Cal and it took damn near 2 weeks to get to my house.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #6601 on: May 16, 2021, 11:20:17 AM »
Got a Picture Show deck. I like it but the tail is saggy/flexy as hell. Also got some parts and stuff from So Cal and it took damn near 2 weeks to get to my house.

Is clutch the woodshop? Stopped buying traffic when they were starting to use clutch during the pandemic.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #6602 on: May 16, 2021, 01:07:16 PM »
Just ordered the Spanky Wino Slips. Last thing I need to is to spend more money on shoes but I couldn't let those pass me by.

Picked up these Americanos a few weeks ago. They'll probably get given to my homie as I make room for the winos..

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:22:21 PM by Seadramon »

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #6603 on: May 16, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this new mask. What do you guys think?

https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/Gator-vision-skateboard-t-shirt-design-by-VintageSkate/62355138.9G0D8?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=g.pla+notset&country_code=US

It shouldn't have, but the image did make me laugh out loud. So bad in every way.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6604 on: May 16, 2021, 09:00:56 PM »

Beach Bum Eagle
60mm OJ Hot Juice’s
Bones Swiss
AH hat, Sci-Fi hat, Alltimers hat

fuck you bama

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #6605 on: May 17, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »

"Used" copy of THPS1+2 off amazon comes with 8.0 birdhouse deck for $40 physical game included. The Deck is still in the shrink wrap and the game will go straight to the resell store.

These were $100 at retail. Gamestop has them at $60 now which is the regular deck price, but if they'll probably be at a steeper discount during memorial Day.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6606 on: May 17, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
Continuing to stock up on decks before my move to europe so I can feel like I saved money despite the cost of checking a board box probably cancelling out the increased cost of wood.

Boserio 8.625"
Dallas man 8.5"
shor west sticky face 10.34"

For the dudes interested in shor deck but want more comprehensive measurements, here they are:
Length: 30.5"
width (widest): 10.34"
width (front truck): 9"
width (back truck): 8.5"
WB: 14.75
nose: 5"
tail: 6.75
(margin of error is like a 1/8" because I found out my tailor's tape actually reads 3/16" short, but I tried to compensate)
Where are you moving if you don't mind me asking?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6607 on: May 17, 2021, 05:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Continuing to stock up on decks before my move to europe so I can feel like I saved money despite the cost of checking a board box probably cancelling out the increased cost of wood.

Boserio 8.625"
Dallas man 8.5"
shor west sticky face 10.34"

For the dudes interested in shor deck but want more comprehensive measurements, here they are:
Length: 30.5"
width (widest): 10.34"
width (front truck): 9"
width (back truck): 8.5"
WB: 14.75
nose: 5"
tail: 6.75
(margin of error is like a 1/8" because I found out my tailor's tape actually reads 3/16" short, but I tried to compensate)
[close]
Where are you moving if you don't mind me asking?
My job is shipping me to Stuttgart; landing on the 27th. Germany is not ready for my rocket flips.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #6608 on: May 17, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »
Well, I’m fucked. Got a Polar 8.5 WW Shin Sanbongi, some Venture Highs, Mini Logo 90a 58mm, Globe Alec 7 bearings, clear jessup grip tape, and a free skate tool for $105 shipped. I gained a cruiser, but possibly lost a wife. Can I stay with a SLAP Pal?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:32:43 PM by TheCrimsonShroud »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6609 on: May 17, 2021, 09:34:33 PM »

Well, I’m fucked. Got this, some Venture Highs, Mini Logo 90a 58mm, Globe Alec 7 bearings, clear jessup grip tape, and a free skate tool for $105 shipped. I gained a cruiser, but possibly lost a wife. Can I stay with a SLAP Pal?
should have gone for the skate rated bearings, women can sense a drop in dignity

probably take the couch for a few nights and think about your sins
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6610 on: May 17, 2021, 10:28:03 PM »
Well, I’m fucked. Got a Polar 8.5 WW Shin Sanbongi, some Venture Highs, Mini Logo 90a 58mm, Globe Alec 7 bearings, clear jessup grip tape, and a free skate tool for $105 shipped. I gained a cruiser, but possibly lost a wife. Can I stay with a SLAP Pal?

I'm amazed she let you sleep in the same bed with her based on that bearing selection. The griptape choice is grounds for divorce but I'm not a lawyer.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #6611 on: May 17, 2021, 10:56:31 PM »
I just brought a pair of nyjah 2s to be walk around/work riding shoes.

Pair of scissors to the name tag and I should be sweet

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6612 on: May 18, 2021, 01:04:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm amazed she let you sleep in the same bed with her based on that bearing selection. The griptape choice is grounds for divorce but I'm not a lawyer.
I’m putting reds on it, I just got the globes to make it a complete and get the free skate tool. The clear grip is to make a little “window” for the top graphic.

Also, we don’t sleep in the same bed anyways :p

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6613 on: May 19, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »

Deck Specs:
Width: 8.27"
Length: 31.83"
Wheelbase: 14.22"
Nose: 6.8"
Tail: 6.6"

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #6614 on: May 19, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »

Deck Specs:

This is right up my weird dimensions alley...not quite an 8.25 and not quite and 8.3...Length and WB = not too long, not too short...tail around 6.5 Nose under 7" and on NHS wood.

Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks, Please be goldilocks....

You ever try the 8.28 dlx shape? Very close to the SC decks in terms of dimensions but with a slightly shorter wb. If you don’t like the SC deck I would recommend the 8.28. I think most of Mason’s boards are that shape.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6615 on: May 19, 2021, 01:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Deck Specs:

[close]

You ever try the 8.28 dlx shape? Very close to the SC decks in terms of dimensions but with a slightly shorter wb. If you don’t like the SC deck I would recommend the 8.28. I think most of Mason’s boards are that shape.

Yup! I switched to a near dusted Beres Anti-Hero in that size in prep for the SC - bought the Mason/Natas deck from the last drop but don't want to skate it.

The DLX is a tad shorter at 31.7 vs 31.83 and the WB is negligible I hope 14.18 vs. 14.22; but yeah suuuuuper close all around.

Apparently the DLX it's just an 8.25" but they call it 8.28 to have a different size in the roster instead of two 8.25"s (that mentioned in Mason's 9 club Stop and chat...both of mine measure over 8.25, more like and 8.27 ish - but one thing is sure, you can't trust DLX sizing.

I also prefer feel and concave/kicks of NHS/DSM wood over BBS (or PS).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:02:07 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6616 on: May 19, 2021, 02:40:19 PM »
The rest of the haul:

x2 54mm AND 53mm for two different setups

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #6617 on: May 19, 2021, 05:33:42 PM »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6618 on: May 20, 2021, 02:19:56 AM »

gamechangers
krooked keychain
stickers to reach free shipping
jessup that isnt black *gasps*

my feet, knees, and ankles have been shot lately, not enough stretching or water but its about time i invested in some insoles. the ones in my half year old dunks are cooked.

trying to not be so serious after a near death experience this week. figured id shake things up with my grip tape for the occasion. welcoming the change with a smile on my face
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

nevrwasben

« Reply #6619 on: May 20, 2021, 06:21:57 AM »
upload image
Looked too good and I had a few drinks in me.
2nd backup deck...

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #6620 on: May 20, 2021, 06:39:09 AM »
upload image
2nd backup deck...

your tipsy-self was correct on this one, looking to get one soon too. This way I can get a 9" deck, egg shaped and twin tail. Perfect combo it seems.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

nevrwasben

« Reply #6621 on: May 20, 2021, 12:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
upload image
2nd backup deck...
[close]

your tipsy-self was correct on this one, looking to get one soon too. This way I can get a 9" deck, egg shaped and twin tail. Perfect combo it seems.

That’s what I was thinking!!

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6622 on: May 20, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »

gamechangers
krooked keychain

my feet, knees, and ankles have been shot lately, not enough stretching or water but its about time i invested in some insoles. the ones in my half year old dunks are cooked.

trying to not be so serious after a near death experience this week. figured id shake things up with my grip tape for the occasion. welcoming the change with a smile on my face
Those insoles are super sick

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
« Reply #6623 on: May 20, 2021, 04:05:22 PM »

polar 8.5. Interested to see how the wheel wells feel. I weigh about 145-150lbs, am riding 53mm PFC, Real wooden risers, and my wheel bite is digging so hard it's almost making wheel wells on standard decks ha ha ha never gonna tighten my trucks  :o

scumco ps stix8.5 (via SLAP pal) I don't know if/when I'm gonna set this up but it feels real nice as is. almost seems like the nose and tail are the same width, and I like that, a lot.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6624 on: May 20, 2021, 04:43:11 PM »
Expand Quote

gamechangers
krooked keychain

[close]
Those insoles are super sick
thanks pal, easily best shit from the collab cause everything else is atrocious

og has to be rolling in the grave with the shoes

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6625 on: May 21, 2021, 04:18:17 AM »

So stoked they re-released this deck since I missed it the first time around. Bonus points for the red top, I always put a note in asking for red or blue (anything but pink) but a lot of the time companies/shops just ignore it.

8.25" x 31.63" 14"wb PGI wood. Love this shape, this one has a slightly steeper tail than my last one but it might flatten out a bit more over time and either way it's a nice flat mold that's reminiscent of the boards I grew up on. Really enjoyed my last couple Blood Wiz decks so I have high hopes for this one.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6626 on: May 21, 2021, 05:03:18 AM »

polar 8.5. Interested to see how the wheel wells feel. I weigh about 145-150lbs, am riding 53mm PFC, Real wooden risers, and my wheel bite is digging so hard it's almost making wheel wells on standard decks ha ha ha never gonna tighten my trucks  :o

scumco ps stix8.5 (via SLAP pal) I don't know if/when I'm gonna set this up but it feels real nice as is. almost seems like the nose and tail are the same width, and I like that, a lot.

You bastard. I bought that Shin deck only to be told the next morning they didn’t have any left. I’m like 190-200 so my fat ass has been looking into wheel wells. I wound up having to pick another deck and got the Grund Notre Dame.

TheCrimsonShroud

« Reply #6627 on: May 21, 2021, 05:08:24 AM »

Whoa dude, glad you’re all good. I got clear Jessup and people on here ragged on me, but fuck em. It’ll look sick with top graphics.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6628 on: May 21, 2021, 05:44:36 AM »

gamechangers
krooked keychain

Ahh, classic. The only acceptable instance to pay for stickers.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6629 on: May 26, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
Got a bunch of stuff, stocking up for returning to my beloved home.
I should put a big photo probably.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.