Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985402 times)

hiljentaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 317
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #9150 on: February 24, 2024, 06:56:17 AM »
Curious, what is the purpose of the beveling of the rails on the Wilkins? Ultimate shinners?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #9151 on: February 24, 2024, 07:13:17 AM »
Sugarcane rails help tip into slide tricks and reduce wheel bite... and look cool as hell

From SSD24 catalog

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #9152 on: February 26, 2024, 12:22:42 PM »
Got some Hours delivered......

Been digging em on first impression, going for a sesh after work to see how they feel on board.

Had a number of sessions in these now, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised. Staying pretty comfy and holding up pretty well.

First off, the laces look good to start but fray super fucking easy after being skated. Probably gonna change em out in a day or two. Overall wear and tear seems to hold up pretty decent otherwise, with the laces and the accent wave stitch that sits under the eyelets being the most worn spots.

I really like the outsole. Good amount of grip on the bottoms and the sidewalls feel nice on flicks. Not generally a big fan of the stubby toe cap, but it works pretty good on this shoe. Good ass shoe for heelflips.

Definitely not the most amazing skate sneaker to exist, but my feet like em enough to at least check for em on sale.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #9153 on: February 26, 2024, 03:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Got some Hours delivered......

Been digging em on first impression, going for a sesh after work to see how they feel on board.
[close]

Had a number of sessions in these now, and I'm honestly pleasantly surprised. Staying pretty comfy and holding up pretty well.

First off, the laces look good to start but fray super fucking easy after being skated. Probably gonna change em out in a day or two. Overall wear and tear seems to hold up pretty decent otherwise, with the laces and the accent wave stitch that sits under the eyelets being the most worn spots.

I really like the outsole. Good amount of grip on the bottoms and the sidewalls feel nice on flicks. Not generally a big fan of the stubby toe cap, but it works pretty good on this shoe. Good ass shoe for heelflips.

Definitely not the most amazing skate sneaker to exist, but my feet like em enough to at least check for em on sale.

Pretty much my impression, they really are a vulc that skates like a cupsole. They wore in so nicely and stayed comfortable it was hard for me to switch them out even after the toe cap wore through - with super glue I skated them past three months at 2-3 sessions a week.

I wanna get the new version since they have a tongue straps.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #9154 on: February 27, 2024, 05:59:18 AM »

The only times I enjoyed skating Ventures is when I rode 5.6 trucks on the 8.3 slick. Trying other combinations is unsatisfying to me, but I’m going to see how these work with an 8.125-8.25” deck before I experiment with Indy. I’ll probably be back on Thunders by next year unless I regain a bunch of tricks on Indy/Ace.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #9155 on: February 27, 2024, 06:03:25 AM »

The only times I enjoyed skating Ventures is when I rode 5.6 trucks on the 8.3 slick. Trying other combinations is unsatisfying to me, but I’m going to see how these work with an 8.125-8.25” deck before I experiment with Indy. I’ll probably be back on Thunders by next year unless I regain a bunch of tricks on Indy/Ace.

Normally not a fan of colored trucks, but Venture does it right.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #9156 on: February 27, 2024, 10:31:01 AM »
Bought another pair of dunks I don't need off the Snkrs restock. Been wanting the Fogs since 2021

Can he read

« Reply #9157 on: February 27, 2024, 12:27:06 PM »

Trying the FP’s again since my feet have been screaming at me. Actually trimmed them this time

Axle nuts for AF1 hollows that can’t hold their own on because of defect

Rails for fun

Stickers because I ride blanks and it rounds up the cart for free shipping.

LeDave

• Rep: -4
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #9158 on: February 27, 2024, 01:47:42 PM »
Just installed grip tape on a deck for the first time, my board is still a work in progress. Thanks to Help Boardshop for selling quality stuff for cheap!

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #9159 on: February 27, 2024, 03:31:23 PM »
Just installed grip tape on a deck for the first time, my board is still a work in progress. Thanks to Help Boardshop for selling quality stuff for cheap!

I've gripped almost every board I've ridden in the past 10+ years and most of them don't look anywhere near that good. Well done!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9160 on: February 27, 2024, 05:06:40 PM »

Trying the FP’s again since my feet have been screaming at me. Actually trimmed them this time

Rails for fun

Which Footprint insoles are those, the kingfoam elites?  Or are they flat and is it just the wear that makes them look like that?

I would always cut down the toe only, but cutting that big heel off a little might work better for some of the other people who tend to have it never sit so well in their shoes.

Just a thought anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #9161 on: February 27, 2024, 05:57:31 PM »
Bought another pair of dunks I don't need off the Snkrs restock. Been wanting the Fogs since 2021

Same but hit on the deep royal TMNT looking ones. Cool to finally grab some sbs on there.

Can he read

« Reply #9162 on: February 27, 2024, 07:16:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Rails for fun

[close]

Which Footprint insoles are those, the kingfoam elites?  Or are they flat and is it just the wear that makes them look like that?

I would always cut down the toe only, but cutting that big heel off a little might work better for some of the other people who tend to have it never sit so well in their shoes.

Just a thought anyway.

These are just the regular 6mm kingfoam. I traced the outline of an insole that fit me well from some blazers and ended up with this shape. The heel was super thick but it worked. I bought some of these a couple years ago and these are a way different material. They feel rubbery now whereas before they felt more like a fabric and had stitching near the edges (if I’m remembering right) they have a bit of arch support which felt  weird at first but after walking around for a couple days has mellowed out and they actually feel really good. Haven’t skated in them yet but hoping they’ll help with all the aches and pains.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9163 on: February 28, 2024, 06:20:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Rails for fun

[close]

Just a thought anyway.
[close]

These are just the regular 6mm kingfoam. I traced the outline of an insole that fit me well from some blazers and ended up with this shape. The heel was super thick but it worked. I bought some of these a couple years ago and these are a way different material. They feel rubbery now whereas before they felt more like a fabric and had stitching near the edges (if I’m remembering right) they have a bit of arch support which felt  weird at first but after walking around for a couple days has mellowed out and they actually feel really good. Haven’t skated in them yet but hoping they’ll help with all the aches and pains.

Thanks!

I had heard from others that the product had "changed" more recently, compared to what it was a few years ago, when I did get a few orders locally for a shop I was helping out with, so I hadn't really seen much of the different options now.

We used to just do the same, trace an insole that fit and cut it out, but I had always left the full heel intact, but that is a good idea to trim it all round if people don't want the tall heel in some of the options.

Some people find them a bit too soft, but others swear by them and that is all they will use in their shoes, any shoes.

Hope they work for you.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Can he read

« Reply #9164 on: February 28, 2024, 08:49:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Rails for fun

[close]

Just a thought anyway.
[close]

[close]

Thanks!

I had heard from others that the product had "changed" more recently, compared to what it was a few years ago, when I did get a few orders locally for a shop I was helping out with, so I hadn't really seen much of the different options now.

We used to just do the same, trace an insole that fit and cut it out, but I had always left the full heel intact, but that is a good idea to trim it all round if people don't want the tall heel in some of the options.

Some people find them a bit too soft, but others swear by them and that is all they will use in their shoes, any shoes.

Hope they work for you.

Yeah man I’m not thrilled on supporting Joey Brezinski but I wasn’t aware of any other skate related insoles. Of course a week after I bought these someone made me aware of remind insoles which apparently has Chris Cole involved. Gonna be trying those soon

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #9165 on: February 28, 2024, 09:11:55 PM »

sounds like you are pretty open

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #9166 on: February 29, 2024, 05:43:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sounds like you are pretty open

As some may even say.... AWAKE

;)
Super Champion Fun Zone

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #9167 on: February 29, 2024, 09:53:25 PM »
2 bloards, also copped a pink Blast skates shirt for the missus.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 49
« Reply #9168 on: March 01, 2024, 12:17:19 PM »
It's my 35th  birthday next week so I went nuts and bought myself two Christmas completes to replace my rain/winter board and my regular one. I modify and also give away my stuff often in the fall

New rain board:

8.25 Powell flight(ridden these as my rain board in Alaska last couple years, never loses pop)(actually measures 8.38")
Jessup coarse longboard grip
Four 12" spitfire stickers to cover the powellness/waterproof more? Hahah
**Old modus 7/8 Allen bolts
Ace hollow af1 55's
**Some ol bones flat top washers
and axle nuts to replace the dumb rethread ones
extra axle washers
**Old bones bearings I already have
Spitfire 80hd charger conical fulls 54mm
**I also already have some 97a f4 cf's laying around.

Regular board

Baker 8.25 mellow white/red logo
Jessup ultra
Modus 7/8 Allen bolts
Ace hollow af1 55
Modus axle nuts, extra axle washers
Hard 94a ace bushings, bones flat top washers
Swiss sixes shields popped
F4 conical full 99a 54mm

Backup 8.25 mellow baker, spanky cloud logo
and some jessup ultra grip

Converse fastbreaks

Adidas pro models(these are probably my favorite skate shoe)

Some spitfire wax and that bones bearing cleaner thingy

Woof I'm set for the season

Just gotta not get wrecked skiing. Got some moment wildcat 108's this season and they fuuuck.

I also got some g-form shorts and elbow pads, those low profile ones you can use for mountain biking, skiing, skating, whatever. I've shattered my elbows man I chipped off chunks of my olecranon process like 6-7 times each elbow, I used to drink a lot and skate and ride fast 🤷‍♀️

Ok bye

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #9169 on: March 01, 2024, 02:30:19 PM »

Copped these from my local and gave them a skate yesterday and I was liking em

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • sup dog
« Reply #9170 on: March 01, 2024, 03:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Rails for fun

[close]

Just a thought anyway.
[close]

[close]

Thanks!

Hope they work for you.
[close]

Yeah man I’m not thrilled on supporting Joey Brezinski but I wasn’t aware of any other skate related insoles. Of course a week after I bought these someone made me aware of remind insoles which apparently has Chris Cole involved. Gonna be trying those soon
I bought these from Chris Cole and they are completely worthless for shock absorption. Really great arch support though. I wear them in chillers when my arch is hurting.

https://remindinsoles.com/collections/medic/products/medic-impact-6mm-mid-high-arch-chris-cole-cobra-insoles

Worth $55? No… I should have returned them but I would have to pay for shipping. Oh well.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

LeDave

« Reply #9171 on: March 01, 2024, 03:50:24 PM »
Earlier I bought my friend and I a pass to skate at Help Boardshop here in Edina, just 6 minutes away from where I live. We skated for about 45 minutes despite it being $5 a person for the day.

For physical item purchases, I ordered a Etnies shoe from Walmart and a lace less shoelace from Amazon.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9172 on: March 04, 2024, 05:13:35 AM »
Ended up with some Thrasher crap but it was 80% so I guess that's fine.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LeDave

« Reply #9173 on: March 04, 2024, 01:43:49 PM »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #9174 on: March 04, 2024, 03:03:26 PM »

LeDave

« Reply #9175 on: March 04, 2024, 03:14:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

those shoes are not very alpha

Thanks! Maybe one day I’ll get an alpha pair  ;D

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #9176 on: March 04, 2024, 03:29:32 PM »
Court Purple SB Dunks and Heated Wheel Team Deck (just a generic BBS 8.5 but they’re only $45).

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1068
« Reply #9177 on: March 04, 2024, 05:19:47 PM »
I sized down to a 8.25 baker OG/ mellow shape on 5.8 ventures and 52mm SF classics. Wanted to see how different it felt to have a mini hot rod setup

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #9178 on: March 05, 2024, 06:17:33 AM »
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

lulz

• Rep: 61
« Reply #9179 on: March 06, 2024, 08:56:26 PM »

Sale 808’s and a roll of Jessup (back ordered from ccs, had to wait a couple of weeks.)