Author Topic: i'm looking for an andy roy interview  (Read 15605 times)

lurkstatus

Re: i'm looking for an andy roy interview
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 11:55:17 AM »
Andy Roy June 2002
Interview by Dave Carnie

All right, Andy, what have you been doing?

I’ve just been skating a lot. They released me from jail, and I’m in a program now called New Life Center. I’m there for three months, and they make me got to church, they make me work the 12 steps in the AA book. On the first step, that’s where you’re powerless over your addiction, and your life is unmanageable. Hey, my life has been unmanageable for a long time. So they’re going to have to put in extra work with me.

Lets back up you went to jail for drugs the first time, right?

Yeah

And then you got out, and I think that’s when we did your last interview, and then what happened?

Yeah, I relapsed. That’s what they call it recovery. You relapse. I just went back to the streets, and I did good for like the first month, you know I was skating, but then I started running into people that I was in jail with, and then, when you do that, your old mind comes back. You know, I could just use once, no big deal, and then it just overpowers you. Boom! You’re back in your old ways. Home invasions. You’re robbing people, taking dope dealers’ drugs, and you get scandalous. Its shady.

Did you go for people’s houses or for stores and stuff?

You go for all the stores, you go to Rite Aid, Longs, Blockbuster, the Warehouse, get CDs, clothes, and you sell them to all the Mexicans. And you go to all the taquerias in Santa Cruz. And you’d knock on the back door, and you just unzip your duffel bag and bring out all the clothes. Twenty dollars for pants, $20 for shoes. Just a whole wardrobe. That’s just quick money right there. And then I’d walk into Rite Aid, “Security to the office.” So I started wearing those out `cause you’re going every day, stuff it down your pants. I got scars from CDs and cutting my legs from the plastic. I got thievery scars. So when you wear that out, you get real scandalous. When I’m going to want something, I’m going to want it, and I want it now. So you call these dudes and go, “Hey I need to meet you,” and then they pull it out, and you just take it from there. And now we’re just taking everyone’s stuff. And we took this dudes stuff, I got him into the hotel room, and he had that crystal meth stuff, and I was with my big friend that’s been to prison, and I got him in the room, and he pulls it out, and we just take it, “This is out shit now.” So he was getting it from some pretty heavy hitters, so now they’re looking for us with guns. So now I gotta call my heavy hitters and let them know whats going on, and it got squashed. But it just gets shady like that.

Yeah, yeah.

You know, now we’re getting looked for with guns, and they’re freaks, those people on drugs, they don’t think right, so you gotta be on your toes, and its just really scary because anything can happen, and people don’t care, but when you’re addicted to drugs like that, it don’t matter.

The second time you went in, you like went seriously to prison, right?

Yeah, dude. Its just, they don’t want it no more. The judge sees you, and they cancel your probation, and then your prison bound, you know? Its seriously hectic. I’ve never been to prison, but they wanted to send me there. This time if I mess up, they’re going to give me three years in prison.

Fuck

But then there was that jail farm where they called me Spider, and I did all that crazy stuff. I’m not allowed there because I did bad stuff there, so then they sent me to a medium facility, and I did bad stuff there, so now I got stuck in County.

What was the bad stuff you were doing?

Well, you fight with people when you want to fight. You fucking go to the bathroom, and you fight, and someone keeps point, and you bring your coffee cup in or your shaving razor in. I stabbed some fucking dude in the hand.

What was that over?

Well, there’s a lot of politics in there. And a white dude stole from another white dude and had started a fight in between the guys, in front of all the eses, all the Southerners, `cause I kick it with the Southerners, and when two white people fight in front of people, that makes us look bad, so therefore I had to take him into the bathroom and handle it, you know? `Cause they trip us. “Whats up with your people?” you know? That makes you look bad. “Don’t worry, I’ll go take care of it right now. Come into room 13, we gotta take care of this.” Close the bathroom door and he takes his beating, you beat the fuck out of him, shits his pants and it gets crazy.

Tell us about your new nickname.

Oh, the Snuggle Bandit! Well check it out. I’m horny, I don’t got no shame in my game, you know? And, uh, when they jump in the shower and they come back to the bed. I’ll be on their bed, and I’ll just kick back on their bed and go, “Hey, come on, lets hang out.” And they’ll lay down, and I’ll corrupt their minds, manipulate them. `cause I’m a good manipulator. And then I’ll vandalize their bottoms. There’s a variety. There’s bubble butts, some with flat asses—

God, Andy, you’re fucked.

I like girls too though. Don’t get me wrong. But you gotta deal with what you got. And I make fifis for all the Mexicans. You get a towel and a Glad bag, and you roll it up and tie a rubber band or a shoelace or just bed strings from your sheet or whatever, tie it around and its safe sex. I sell them for two bucks a pop. I made like $15 in half an hour.

What’s stopping the other guys from making them themselves? Are they just regular?

They’re Mexicans, like, they’re real shy and stuff, so they’ll go close the door in their cell, and they’ll use them. The white dudes, they all know about that, and then plus they got me, the Snuggle Bandit.

The Snuggle Bandit.

You know, they play hard to get at first, but the manipulating side of me can get whatever I want.

Holy shit. So, what’s going on now? Now you’re in a 12-step program, like a little house they won’t let you out of?

Yeah, like I gotta curfew, I got meetings, relapse prevention, codepndency, just stuff to deal with your anger, anything that triggers you to want to go use.

Have you gotten the urge to do the shit?

Oh, definitely. I see some of my friends downtown and misery loves company. And just because I’ve been in this New Life Centre and got to work on my anger and all this stuff that triggers me, I can prevent that from what I learned in there, so when I see someone, and I’m usually around with clean and sober people `cause that’s my support. I need that stuff. This is the first time I’ve acted like this. Usually after a month, I’m gone. Once I use once, I disappear, you can’t find me. I’ve been in this program two months, I’m with Jason Jessee and I’m around good people.

Jason’s taking care of you right now, huh?

Yeah. He’s looking out for me, and he asked me to skateboard for him, and he’s been my fucking mentor forever.

So, you getting a board on The Driven now?

Yeah, got a board coming out in a week or two.

Right on.

And whatever money I get, he’s gonna put in the bank, just `cause I don’t need to fuck with money right now. `Cause a little bit of money could trigger me.

What about Jay Adams? Is Jay out right now?

Jay just out of Hawaii prison, and I think he’s in like the work-release-type program I’m in, and I just talked to him the other day, and he’s got two years clean, and if I’m going to listen to anyone, I would be him. Because I ran with him on the streets of Santa Cruz when he came here, and we fucking destroyed this town and punished people and ran over old ladies and gave my herpes to every girl I could. I will never get my herpes taken care of, I will have them forever. I love herpes because when they flare, its on like Donkey Kong.

Oh my God.

So, Jay has been through so much shit, and he told me, “You could skateboard and make money, but moneys money. You need it to survive, but you could fuck with that shit later on when you’re old. Right now, go travel and skateboard.” So that’s what I’d like to do. And he’s gonna be here this summer, and we’re gonna jump in an RV and just punish people sober.

Punish people sober!

Yeah, `cause I’m finally getting my personality back and feelings.

`Cause that shit turns you into a zombie, huh? You just fiend for that shit and you’re shallow inside.

Yeah. `Cause that takes everything, your feeling, your pride, and you’ll hang out with people that you hate, but just because they got the shit, you’ll hang out with them, and that’s not Andy Roy, and that’s why I gotta redeem myself and fuck people up. Yeah, I’m doing what I gotta do, and I can’t wait to go to a contest and see people like Jim Greco. Punk rocks dead, what? Tight jeans and spiked hair?

I beat him up at my house because he disrespected my place, and I broke my finger on his head.

If you ever have problems Dave, I know how to pull sneak attacks.

Yeah, I’ve decided I don’t want to fight anymore. He’s apologized a couple of times since, so I don’t bear him any grudge. Jim’s cool.

If I see him, I will make him come up to you on his hands and knees and say sorry. I will make that happen. He would get raped in prison. He would be washing peoples underwear. He would be a little girl in prison. So, if he wants to keep doing that, he’ll find out.

Well, Andy, I’m psyched for you, you sound great, I’m glad you’ve made it to the other side, and I hope you don’t fuck up and relapse or anything.

Yeah, and it can happen you know. I just take it day by day. I’ve been in rehab before. I know what the language is. I’m in recovery now, and everythings going good. And everythings going well.

ed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »
Thanks loads for both of those, great reading

log

• Rep: 0
  • sukkot
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »
Have there been any sightings of him recently? I'd love to know what he's up to.
probably running away from mexicans
hamster, you chewed on the peice of wood i gave you, you soiled the litter i put on the bottom of your cage and you drank all the water i put in your bottle...this is why we cant have nice things!

skate

• Rep: -5
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2006, 03:17:52 PM »
Thank you Gub and Lurkstatus those interviews are classic.  The snuggle bandit part was pretty gay, but that is jail life. That dude is the grimey as theycome. It was really funny.

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »
if anybody got a scanner to scan the photo of him with the teardrop and shit, do it up

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2006, 03:31:33 PM »
oh, and y'all bow down to gub for being an OG

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 05:49:05 PM »
i'd much rather masturbate every day than stick my cock up a guy's ass. 

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 12:19:03 AM »
Didn't Danny Sargeant become a smackhead at one point? I think he said something about kicking heroin by not sleeping for 16 days, in a Thrasher interview some years back.

Skaters that got into junk:

donger-but hopefully he is back

heddings-prison gets you clean

fuck i dont know who else but andy roy is a rad fucker- anti hero second video is still one of the best till this day due to cards and all the madness.

someone post up the snuggle bandit interview or the photos from the first bb to add to the debacle.

-PJN

Wb

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2006, 02:04:22 AM »
Normal life of a pro skater.  Tough life.

krapnek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2006, 05:27:36 AM »
if anybody got a scanner to scan the photo of him with the teardrop and shit, do it up

i don't have it, but i think someone posted the scanned article on the old board.  duane peters has got one too.  i love how they left that out of the the documentary. 

bumbaclaat

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2006, 05:33:45 AM »
does that shit mean you killed someone in prison? because thats what i understood it meant

Shawn

• Rep: 5
  • stoooops!
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2006, 07:15:02 AM »
does that shit mean you killed someone in prison? because thats what i understood it meant

yeah it is. or maybe he's just sad.
you climbing to the top? ...soon...

krapnek

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2006, 07:28:29 AM »

that's what it means when a dude has one.  when it's a chick it means her boyfriend died in prison. guess it means that both duane and andy got away with murder.  yikes.

bumbaclaat

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:11 AM »
once on the trolley i saw a guy with a tattoo of little boxing gloves hanging there where a tear would go.

krapnek

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2006, 08:58:38 AM »
once on the trolley i saw a guy with a tattoo of little boxing gloves hanging there where a tear would go.

did he look tough?

bumbaclaat

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »
yeah kinda

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1183
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »
gub 4 president
hardly art, hardly starving

ymhy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2006, 12:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's what it means when a dude has one.  when it's a chick it means her boyfriend died in prison. guess it means that both duane and andy got away with murder.  yikes.

haha, but does it really surprise you though...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2006, 01:11:11 PM »
Teardrop means you killed somebody or ended up in jail because of something involving a gang or crew.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Amie_A

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2006, 02:20:37 AM »

hair_this_raw

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 04:59:54 AM »
Teardrop means you killed somebody or ended up in jail because of something involving a gang or crew.

surprised that hasn't caught on in the emo/scenester realm

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

surprised that hasn't caught on in the emo/scenester realm
scenesters don't kill ppeople, they are huge pussies.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

loose girlfriends

• Rep: 27
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:37 AM »
These interviews are to good to be on the last page.  Skateboarding needs another Andy Roy right now!  This is what someone who does not give a fuck sounds like.  Full blown Baby Eater!

Andy Roy's got the AIDS! Check it out, now that I've got the AIDS--and I hope that I do--look, my finger nails are rotting off. See, look at that one. When I die, there's going to be a gang more of them that are going to die. It don't matter. Life sucks. "Oh, I still want my Transworld interview," fuck that. Fuck those faggots down south. They can suck my weiner!

The Snuggle Bandit.
You know, they play hard to get at first, but the manipulating side of me can get whatever I want.

no thanks

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:17 AM »
Andy Roy sounds like hes a piece of shit.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:20 AM »
Robbie better watch out if Andy ever gets on the team..