Author Topic: Big things for DVS in 2019  (Read 9306 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Big things for DVS in 2019
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 11:05:29 AM »

Ryan Maiden

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »

Is Kerry still on?

Getz 2 was the only dvs shoe I ever owned, was actually pretty decent shoe.

These & the 1st Sheffey's were the only good DVS shoes. Unfortunatly never had a pair of either. The rest were kinda garbage.  If they re-release those 2, I'll purchase.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »
Divorced Virgin Syndrome
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2019, 12:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote

Is Kerry still on?

Getz 2 was the only dvs shoe I ever owned, was actually pretty decent shoe.
[close]

These & the 1st Sheffey's were the only good DVS shoes. Unfortunatly never had a pair of either. The rest were kinda garbage.  If they re-release those 2, I'll purchase.
Do NOT forget the classic:

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2019, 12:29:49 PM »
I rode for DVS Europe for 4 years with Paul Sheir, Luy-pa Sin, Frank Barraterio and Janne Saario. I was so stoked on it.. Lot of contact with Tim Gavin, tours with Dill, Steve Berra and Jereme Rogers (before the kookiness), Jeron Wilson, Kerry Getz etc.. And I loved the shoes, always sent for the slum ones, the Wilson pros etc.. Great time in my life.

And then I look at what the brand has become  :'(

They obviously never should have hooked me up  ;D

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
You guys are crazy. They've still got legends like Tory Grant and "Crusty" on the team. They'll be just fine.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 03:52:08 PM »
There is that old joke about being the guy at a party who busts out his guitar, well Greg Lutzka chose to do that, but as an actual ad.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
Pine and Lutzka are by far 2 of the most hated dudes in skating. I remember Jeff got kicked out of woodward for cursing kids out for talking shit about him and about a week later said in an interview that he never lets the haters get to him and just ignores them

source/link?

I would love to read this for the above scenario alone.
More importantly - who the fuck would take the time to interview Jeffwon dong?

Nyjah_Sheckler

• Rep: -17
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Pine and Lutzka are by far 2 of the most hated dudes in skating. I remember Jeff got kicked out of woodward for cursing kids out for talking shit about him and about a week later said in an interview that he never lets the haters get to him and just ignores them
[close]

source/link?

I was there for half of it. A few years ago I was a camper at woodward and my homie was filming and edit and didn't think was gonna be able to finish it so he got desperate and asked jeff if he wanted to film and he said no. I think it was the next day when jeff was trying a trick and my homie was talking shit about him with some other dudes. Jeff, the 25 year old man walks up to him and says something to the 15 year old along the lines: "you asked me to film with you and now your talking shit behind my back? You can suck my dick, say that shit to my face".  The kid proceeds yell "you can't pop your board" at his face. Later at the end of the week 5 block contest jeff decides to come, tell people "this contest sucks" and starts skating the set. The kid he cursed out's brother who was about 12 walks up to jeff and tells him that it wasn't cool what he said to his brother. Jeff maturely replies "I don't give a fuck, he was talking shit" and looks around in hopes that people heard him. The little brother tells jeff to go do a triple flip with his shitty style, jeff says something along the lines of "oh shit, I've never heard that one before", attempts to make fun of him by sarcastically telling a random dude "this kid is funny" and tries a triple flip with his shitty style while the 12 yells "you're raping my eyeballs". I wasn't there for the rest of it but I heard someone told a director about what happened so Chris Chann (he was the one who had invited jeff) was told that he could never bring Jeff back to camp. I think the interview I mentioned was skate fillet

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 11:47:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

source/link?

[close]

I was there for half of it. A few years ago I was a camper at woodward and my homie was filming and edit and didn't think was gonna be able to finish it so he got desperate and asked jeff if he wanted to film and he said no. I think it was the next day when jeff was trying a trick and my homie was talking shit about him with some other dudes. Jeff, the 25 year old man walks up to him and says something to the 15 year old along the lines: "you asked me to film with you and now your talking shit behind my back? You can suck my dick, say that shit to my face".  The kid proceeds yell "you can't pop your board" at his face. Later at the end of the week 5 block contest jeff decides to come, tell people "this contest sucks" and starts skating the set. The kid he cursed out's brother who was about 12 walks up to jeff and tells him that it wasn't cool what he said to his brother. Jeff maturely replies "I don't give a fuck, he was talking shit" and looks around in hopes that people heard him. The little brother tells jeff to go do a triple flip with his shitty style, jeff says something along the lines of "oh shit, I've never heard that one before", attempts to make fun of him by sarcastically telling a random dude "this kid is funny" and tries a triple flip with his shitty style while the 12 yells "you're raping my eyeballs". I wasn't there for the rest of it but I heard someone told a director about what happened so Chris Chann (he was the one who had invited jeff) was told that he could never bring Jeff back to camp. I think the interview I mentioned was skate fillet
I find it hilarious there's a YouTuber Chris Chan. This is my Chris Chan.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 11:56:42 PM »
Oh no that Chris Chan makes me so sad. I know what vore is because of him and his drawings. Just when I had sorta forgotten...
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2019, 12:11:30 AM »
Oh no that Chris Chan makes me so sad. I know what vore is because of him and his drawings. Just when I had sorta forgotten...
Poor Megan.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

source/link?

[close]

I like the sound of this 12 year old.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »
G'Lutzka

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
They sent me free stickers as a youth. They never left my heart

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2019, 03:56:53 PM »
I’m happy their still around, I never used their shoes but glad to see some variety.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
Longtime rumor was that it's Daewon Song's initials, but I think it's actually just a dumb way to write "devious".

From The Illustrated History of Skateboard Footwear

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Longtime rumor was that it's Daewon Song's initials, but I think it's actually just a dumb way to write "devious".
[close]

From The Illustrated History of Skateboard Footwear
Glad to see from the getgo they had nothing to offer conceptually from a branding standpoint.

OG Puffy Tongue

• Rep: 11
  • "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:56 PM »
the only big thing about DVS in 2019 is that DVS still exists
thread title alone made me lol
😭

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »
There is that old joke about being the guy at a party who busts out his guitar, well Greg Lutzka chose to do that, but as an actual ad.

I don't get how a signature colorway can be just a murdered out colorway. Black on black? So creative.

I'm twice as unlikely to buy a pair of DVSs if that Jeff guy is flow/am for them and I've never bought a pair.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »
Wait a minute. Greg Lutzka still skates?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
Wait a minute. Greg Lutzka still skates?
He just jams out on the acoustic now.

Larry Dallas

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »

DID ANYONE GO?!

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2019, 06:05:59 PM »
Donkeys Very Sexy

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2019, 06:12:26 PM »

DID ANYONE GO?!

I hope a ton of people showed up to the club with fedoras on

shit_for_brains

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2019, 06:20:17 PM »
Never forget that Greg Lutzka was the third pro on krooked.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2019, 07:54:25 PM »
GASHI!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:39 PM »
good luckzka

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 09:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Why bother with a skate team at all when Lutzka & Cody Mac are your only pros?
[close]
Fedora and Toothpick, buddy cop duo.

Hahaha this actually made me chuckle.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
WE BOUT TO BANG YALL OVER THE HEAD!
SHALOM!