Author Topic: ALL BERRICS VAGINA THREADS MERGED HERE  (Read 100115 times)

rs312

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: berrics unified
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:28 AM »
I start to dislike the berrics & Berra more and more. It's disgusting to hear this guy say he want's to help shops, because they are struggling
 for different reasons. "Selling" his berrics unified program as help for core shops.

There are 4 different levels starting at $1440  and finishing at $5280. With that amount of money, you can do better than giving it to Mr Steve Berra.

$5280 are not spare change, you can already pay a persons wage.

If he really would like to help, he could have done this program with a lower pricing system. I can understand he has to pay the bandwith, server space and wathever.

The Berrics - We Don't save skateshops , We charge them.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
A lot of information has come to the surface since my last post. It seems that the berrics unified is something different than i just thought. As someone said earlier, why would he disguise it as something charitable if the shops have to pay money for it? that just doesn't make sense. I ain't hating on the berrics or berra i would just like to see him defend this unified thing to all the haters. and telling us what exactly he gets from it. and please in written form.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2009, 04:35:25 AM »

SkullDude

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 06:26:34 AM »
This is fucked! FUCK THE BERRICS!
BATTLE AT THE BERRICS REALLY SUCKED THIS TIME TOO!
OH AND FUCK KOSTON FOR BEING INVOLVED!
money money money

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
He's selling his stuff in skate shops that seem to already be doing well, that's not going to solve anything.

Berra is staring to act like Glen Beck

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2009, 06:59:07 AM »
Can someone copy and paste the twitter comments between Steve and the Exit guy and post them here?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2009, 07:05:23 AM »
What really bothers me is that he doesn't have the testicles to come out and say "Since the Berrics is a very viral website with over X amount of hits a day, I am offering the chance for shops to buy ad space on here to create the largest skateshop directory excluding mall stores or illegitimate shops.  So now the kids know where they can find a legit shop who also supports the Berrics.  You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours**"  Instead he needs to sugarcoat it and make it out like he's a messiah to the skateboard industry.  It all comes down to character, and this shows Steve is really lacking thereof.  It's like when your parents say "I am not mad at you, I am just disappointed", I am not mad at you Steve, but as a fellow skateboarder I am disappointed.

**I included this because Steve always adds in some cheesy saying at the end of his speeches
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:14:44 AM by Nameuser »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2009, 07:09:59 AM »
Can someone copy and paste the twitter comments between Steve and the Exit guy and post them here?

"Don't cry"

Steve is so fucking lame.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:15:23 AM by Cthulhu! »

lilscraze

• Rep: -18
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2009, 07:23:23 AM »
The Berrics Unified is dope. Skateshops can advertise their shops to skateboarders for low dough. Support your skate shop, support The Berrics. The End.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2009, 07:27:15 AM »
berric$

lilscraze

• Rep: -18
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »

It cost’s 50$ x 12 = $600 a year to be in The Berrics Unified 600 / 365 days = $1.64¢. That sounds practically free to me. At the city level it costs a colossal $3.95 per day. People are crying over 400 pennies. WOW.

If Steve Miller at Exit drank one less beer a day he could afford this and be marketing his shop and doing something productive instead of crying!  Does Steve Miller even skate or does he take all the money he makes off of skateboarding to buy wax for his cock duster right above his upper lip?

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2009, 07:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It cost’s 50$ x 12 = $600 a year to be in The Berrics Unified 600 / 365 days = $1.64¢. That sounds practically free to me. At the city level it costs a colossal $3.95 per day. People are crying over 400 pennies. WOW.

If Steve Miller at Exit drank one less beer a day he could afford this and be marketing his shop and doing something productive instead of crying!  Does Steve Miller even skate or does he take all the money he makes off of skateboarding to buy wax for his cock duster right above his upper lip?

You have to remember that is on top of paying rent for the their location, paying for utilities, paying shop employees, and buying large orders ahead of time to have enough stock to sell.  The whole point is that alot of shops are not breaking even and going under.  If a shop is barely making it by as it is...an extra $600 isn't as little as you think.

And even then...like alot of people have already mentioned...if Berra had just said upfront "we're offering advertising space for a relatively small fee..." no one would be complaining.  It was the way he presented it, making himself look generous while making money behind the scenes, that is pissing everyone off.  He OBVIOUSLY wants the majority of kids to think he's helping these shops out "just because he's so awesome."  And most kids reading the Berrics will never look deeper than what Berra tells them upfront.

spare change

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2009, 08:04:31 AM »
I realize a lot of people are not down with how he portrayed himself in that video.
Besides that, if you are a shop thats doing ok, chances are you have a marketing budget.
We'll say it's $1000 a year, his prices are not insane and you actually are advertising directly to the people you want to see it.
Yeah I would rather he was upfront and said it as it is.
For the record he made it sound pretty limited with who would be allowed to be in it.
Obviously in todays world that doesn't mean much as everything is everywhere.
So that remains to be seen.
There are always 2 sides to every equation, I can see the negative, but I'd rather focus on the positive.
One of the biggest skateboard oriented websites ever is giving a limited amount of small shops the chance to advertise on it.
Ask whitely about slap, having an ad on there isn't cheap and the rates are probably comparable.
I wish he didnt advertise it so hard to the kids yet and just got his shops dialed first, then talked about the shops who chose to advertise with him.He did approach it poorly, but whatever.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Steve said that?!
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2009, 08:40:38 AM »
if steve drank one less beer? oh alright god, i can play this game too- maybe if berra switch crooked one more 6 inch high flatbar he could get his contract extended another 5 years and continue to live his little fantasy life. then he can complain how somehow, just somehow, that isn't enough, and that in fact he should be living even more extravagantly for his "efforts." he is both washed up and delusional, a combination i'm sure he never wanted to become, but the years haven't been kind. who cares how often steve miller skates? he doesn't get paid to skateboard, he gets paid to support the philadelphia scene with his shop, and he's doing a good job. i don't ride for exit, actually i ride for another shop entirely, but whenever i've needed anything, steve miller has been there to help. why? because he backs philadelphia skateboarding. berra's trying to support a heated warehouse with light refreshments available for his friends in the lobby, a social club that people can watch from afar. steve miller is trying to support kids who work jobs and still stay out 'til 2 am waiting to skate downtown in the freezing cold because they love it. if you can't back that then you're fucked.

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »

the $50/month membership probably only gets the shop name on the page. no ad or banner stuff up. if you actually want to advertise you've got to drop some cash.

rs312

• Rep: -12
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »
it leaves a bad taste how he advertised this idea , communicating like he is the "jesus" of the core shops .

Instead he wants at least 1440$ up to $5280.

The Berra stats to annoy me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:08 AM »
hey slap! if everyone on here just pitched 10cents a day then steve miller cuold drink and EXTRA beer every day!

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
hey slap! if everyone on here just pitched 10cents a day then steve miller cuold drink and EXTRA beer every day!

yes!

Rawb, the sally struthers of the skatebooarding beer-famine. HA!

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

SkullDude

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »
It's all in the pitch that makes it offensive. If you want to sell ads, sell ads. But don't act like you're doing anyone a favor.

That's right.
If you pay someone money, you are doing something for them. Not the other way around.
What abunch of opportunistic BULLSHIT.
This will not help your shop "blow up". Myspace is freeeee and you will get the same return, promise.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
So it looks like the user lilscraze is non other then former pro skateboarder and paid employee of the berrics Salman Agah. Salman also happens to be the head of the "Berrics United"

Expand Quote
[close]

four eyes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »
So it looks like the user lilscraze is non other then former pro skateboarder and paid employee of the berrics Salman Agah. Salman also happens to be the head of the "Berrics United"

Nope. me thinks lilscraze works at SkateBook with Mike Ballard and formerly Salman Agah.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »
is kelch's story true about how you actually are goofy footed and all those tricks werent actually switch??

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
Boooooooooooooo!

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
is kelch's story true about how you actually are goofy footed and all those tricks werent actually switch??

No.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
The Berrics Unified is dope. Skateshops can advertise their shops to skateboarders for low dough. Support your skate shop, support The Berrics. The End.

clearly a berrics employee in "disguise".

Berra has sunken to a new low.   And yes, battle at the berrics 2 has sucked balls this year 

edit:  Salman?? tsk tsk tsk
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:08:06 PM by The Bullet »

SkullDude

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »
Skater Aid and Ice Lounge hahaha

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2009, 01:55:46 PM »
I wonder if everyone boycotts this all and doesn't even participate in it. The state of california has like no fucking shops on it......but everyone knows all the legit shops in Northern California (DLX. FTC, 510, Metro, Atlas, etc). Hope none of them stoop down to putting themselves on that unified list. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2009, 02:45:09 PM »

I'm down

Headcrusher

• Rep: -49
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »
"bullets don't affect change, its the ideas of the men firing them...."

"the berrics is one of those ideas, and it's firing....like an AK 47"

wow remind me to never even consider not hating this fucking douchebag.  seriously a new level of delusion from Berra.
"We got Ronson Lambert... Pretty much the Carroll of the 21st century." - Danny Way