Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread  (Read 218761 times)

NickDagger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »
hahaha oh man, I don't know if Jimmy wasn't completely trying or was hungover or something, but he fucked my brackets up.

He's still hilarious though.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

spare change

« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »
They looked like they were having a good time and jimmy couldn't be bothered to take it too seriously.
Torey has an obnoxious amount of pop.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »
that was such a good game, fucked up my bracket pretty good

torey somewhat looks like this dude

guess we won't be splitting the board after all...

Baker4Life

« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2009, 09:27:54 AM »
Some of you seriously think Jimmy Carlin went in there and did not try? Come on. And I bet some you little twats don't even know why you hate Torey Pudwill. How was that bad? Flailing arms or what is it this time?

Agreed. Torey was just better at flatground. Jimmy cant do 360 hardflips in a game of skate like everyone thought he would.

BFKskateboards

« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2009, 09:52:09 AM »
im pretty sick of hearing jimmy carlin fanboys but i was expecting him to win.

ThatOneGuy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »
Torey looks like a raccoon that dosn't shower...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

eyesmcgyver

« Reply #307 on: July 05, 2009, 11:05:30 AM »

torey somewhat looks like this dude

TMZ

• Rep: -15
« Reply #308 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
i've called every match so far.. stefan's got this next match.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #309 on: July 05, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
i've called every match so far.. stefan's got this next match.

i hope ramondetta wins so you get out like most of the rest of us.  if jimmy would have actually given a shit i'd still be in. 

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: July 05, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
does anybody here know jimmy carlin in real life?

i wonder if he really acts like that all the time?

I hope so, he seems so weird and hilarious

Fignuts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2009, 11:53:07 AM »
Haha, I've never noticed how many whiney little bitches there were on slap taking this shit so seriously.  I thought you were all about skating for fun, yet most of you take your batb brackets more seriously than the skaters competing take thier games.  I don't know how you can all hate on Torey Pudwills style aswell, his arms are a bit whackey but how high he pops his tricks more than makes up for it.  Also, Jimmy does seem hilarious.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2009, 11:53:54 AM »
Wuust sounded like a pedophile at the end with that young boys remark
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #313 on: July 05, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »

yeah that was kind of creepy

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg avatar image
« Reply #314 on: July 05, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
Jimmy Carlin bugs the shit out of me..he seems like hes always tryin to be funny with that "Napoleon dynamite act"

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/2009/07/02/trick-tip-varial-heel-with-jimmy-carlin/

fuckin annoying

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
bracket still lookin good

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was a joke. I've gained some respect for Berra ever since he called Mike Vallely an asshole in a previous game.
You know everyone there was thinking it.
ableSkateMag.com

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »
You guys hating on Torey are goofs. Jimmy was in it to win it as much as Torey was, but he just couldn't hang on. I really don't think Torey could have given a fuck if he won or not. Both dudes had mad pop and looked to me like they knew what they were doing, but Torey was on it and Jimmy wasn't.

As for bitching about style, SKATE is not about style, it's about consistency and knowing more tricks than who you're playing. So really it should be irrelevant for the B@TB whether or not someone's style is wack. Not that they should be pulling a Jim Bates type win, with everything popped 2 inches off the floor. However, what his hands do when he's popping foot and a half high frontside flips is stupid to bitch about.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

TalentlessSkateboarder

• Rep: -9
  • Sal 1990
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2009, 01:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It was a joke. I've gained some respect for Berra ever since he called Mike Vallely an asshole in a previous game.
You know everyone there was thinking it.
N'ah, the guy is a fake-spot painting pedo.

TalentlessSkateboarder

• Rep: -9
  • Sal 1990
« Reply #319 on: July 05, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
You guys hating on Torey are goofs. Jimmy was in it to win it as much as Torey was, but he just couldn't hang on. I really don't think Torey could have given a fuck if he won or not. Both dudes had mad pop and looked to me like they knew what they were doing, but Torey was on it and Jimmy wasn't.

As for bitching about style, SKATE is not about style, it's about consistency and knowing more tricks than who you're playing. So really it should be irrelevant for the B@TB whether or not someone's style is wack. Not that they should be pulling a Jim Bates type win, with everything popped 2 inches off the floor. However, what his hands do when he's popping foot and a half high frontside flips is stupid to bitch about.
Nate Sherwood to win BATB3

FACE!

« Reply #320 on: July 05, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »

torey would give a fuck because hes a contest whore, and jimmy is also an asshole for saying in the beginning its all about fun and learning new tricks. and syle doesnt matter? than why do people hat on mike mo, p-rod, and kelly harts style?

sage

« Reply #321 on: July 05, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
torey would give a fuck because hes a contest whore, and jimmy is also an asshole for saying in the beginning its all about fun and learning new tricks. and syle doesnt matter? than why do people hat on mike mo, p-rod, and kelly harts style?

Only idiots on SLAP hate on them. People on SLAP have this idea that they are the true voice of skateboarding, but truth is no one gives a shit what people on this fourm think, except for people on this forum.

FACE!

« Reply #322 on: July 05, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only idiots on SLAP hate on them. People on SLAP have this idea that they are the true voice of skateboarding, but truth is no one gives a shit what people on this fourm think, except for people on this forum.
yes no one cares what you say because you are a part of slap, so you are not the voice of skateboarding

popeyesfriedchicken

« Reply #323 on: July 05, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »
http://skateboardermag.com/skateboarder-photos-videos/videos/flash/text-yoself-beefo-yo-wreck-yoself-with-jimmy-carlin

this video proves that jimmy didn't give a damn about the match at all.  this was filmed the day of the match because he says he "just finished playing torey at S-K-A-T-E".  he also says he didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning and showed up late to it.  pretty sure the guy who says he looked hung over was right.  if he would have given a fuck and at least got some sleep, the game would have went the other way for sure.  someone who does fakie bigspin inward heelflip trick tips on the transworld site for fun wouldn't go down on nollie flips on a decent day. 

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »

thugnificent

« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2009, 03:34:56 PM »
http://skateboardermag.com/skateboarder-photos-videos/videos/flash/text-yoself-beefo-yo-wreck-yoself-with-jimmy-carlin

this video proves that jimmy didn't give a damn about the match at all.  this was filmed the day of the match because he says he "just finished playing torey at S-K-A-T-E".  he also says he didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning and showed up late to it.  pretty sure the guy who says he looked hung over was right.  if he would have given a fuck and at least got some sleep, the game would have went the other way for sure.  someone who does fakie bigspin inward heelflip trick tips on the transworld site for fun wouldn't go down on nollie flips on a decent day. 

what the fuck. are you his boyfriend or something? why are you so rattled he lost? stop making excuses for someone else

Rusto2

• Rep: -23
« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »

he sounds identical to "Jesse" from the fast and the furious

popeyesfriedchicken

« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what the fuck. are you his boyfriend or something? why are you so rattled he lost? stop making excuses for someone else

go choke on a smelly, unwashed cock.  in the whatever thread there is someone who says they will suck any cock within a 70 mile radius.  you might need to go hit that up too. 

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #328 on: July 05, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude didn't say style doesn't matter as a generalized statement... he said it doesn't matter in a game of skate as long as the tricks are solid...and he's right.  Hate on Torey all you want but he's fuckin consistent and snaps his tricks high as shit, which is really all that matters here and it's something you all should've thought about when you made your brackets, like me (not to say there isn't plenty of time for mine to get fucked too).

It's funny when dudes pick someone to win just because they like his video parts and get their panties in a bunch and bitch about how the winner's style isn't as good.

Also you can make the point that I'm putting to much thought into this or taking it too seriously or whatever, but I don't really think that's fair seeing as I'm posting in a 12 page thread about 3 games of skate.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #329 on: July 05, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
about two years ago, me and peter ramondetta both learned frontside shuv late flips together, so im going to look for one of those in the next match
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too