Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1743211 times)

DarthDingusMaximus

Re: real confessions
« Reply #9000 on: January 04, 2020, 07:44:15 AM »
Real talk though I'm glad I decided to join Slap for "insiders knowledge" I am seriously stoked to have people on here giving me the business whenever I was being an idiot, through my various incarnates RSL, SC, DDM.

I've been throuh hell and back and back on point with my life and in part it is partially due to you guys, for good and bad SLAP has been the motivator to keep skating even when I was feeling like shit.

Peter Zagreus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #9001 on: January 04, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

People who don't like music at all are weirder than people who like bad music from my experience.

This one scares me. Anyone who says they don't like music at all is basically admitting to being a sociopath.
I used to work with a dude who claimed he'd never had a dream. Strongly disliked and never trusted him. I was irked to even look at him. Even dogs have dreams.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #9002 on: January 04, 2020, 06:42:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

People who don't like music at all are weirder than people who like bad music from my experience.
[close]

This one scares me. Anyone who says they don't like music at all is basically admitting to being a sociopath.
I used to work with a dude who claimed he'd never had a dream. Strongly disliked and never trusted him. I was irked to even look at him. Even dogs have dreams.

I'm not trying to be that philosophical prick guy, but what even is bad music? I say this as someone who thinks I have a pretty good taste in some genes, but I know that a good chunk of what I love is considered unlistenable by a lot of people, or at least they don't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as I do.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the one who likes bad music when I get into groups of people because I don't share their love for people like Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen, or fucking Journey. People LOVE that shit. Nobody knows who the fuck Swell Maps is.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9003 on: January 04, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
imagine dragons dude . anyone who likes that can not be trusted  . or that song about riding bike with no handlebars
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #9004 on: January 04, 2020, 11:54:16 PM »
I haven't been feeling myself recently and have been itching to get out of the house and hang out with someone that isn't family or at least close to my age. But, haven't had a real opportunity to and on a drive I got hit with a wave of sadness and anxiety. Instead of pulling over and crying I drive through it and realized it all kinda stems from self-hatred with myself for not being where I wanted to be or should be in life. I got home and ate and typing it out has calmed me down, and reminded me that you have to go with the flow of life. Things work at their own pace and you have to take it and be prepared or on the look for opportunities.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9005 on: January 05, 2020, 01:06:14 AM »
I haven't been feeling myself recently and have been itching to get out of the house and hang out with someone that isn't family or at least close to my age. But, haven't had a real opportunity to and on a drive I got hit with a wave of sadness and anxiety. Instead of pulling over and crying I drive through it and realized it all kinda stems from self-hatred with myself for not being where I wanted to be or should be in life. I got home and ate and typing it out has calmed me down, and reminded me that you have to go with the flow of life. Things work at their own pace and you have to take it and be prepared or on the look for opportunities.

I know that feel man. My best friend from high school is killing it at his corporate job having made smart career moves when he graduated - intern at IT MNC, worked his way up through another MNC and he's sitting pretty high up the food chain in the company, slated to become a regional director. I on the hand studied something that wasn't very marketable (psychology), graduated during the 2009 recession and only found my first job in 2011 in a much more niche part of IT which is rapidly shrinking.

It didn't help that I took 2 years to try and run a business with a friend and ex-colleague before that went to shit after we couldn't see eye to eye on a bunch of things. Since then I've been trying to recover my career, gradually moving up the corporate ladder to where I am right now. I'm not sure about the prospects in the future, but at the moment it's given me pretty good work-life balance which has allowed me to come back to skateboarding.

Still, I can't help but feel my best friend has lapped me. Not that I'm jealous of his success at all, he's a salt of the earth kind of guy and would take a bullet for me if we were at gun point. We were each others best man at our respective weddings. I feel like I let him, and myself down with where I am in my life, in terms of where I could be financially and in career.

We met up a few weeks ago for Xmas lunch with a couple of friends and when it came time to split the bill dude pulled out an Amex Black Card, while I pulled out the equivalent of a Chase card. When I was having tough times with my business he handed me a cheque for 10k, telling me not to worry about returning it. I love him a friend, but also disappointed him because I didn't have it all together like he did.

Regarding letting things go at their own pace, I'll agree on that fully. I had a shit skate session this morning and I felt like focusing my board numerous times throughout the 2 hours. I had to remind myself that any time on the board is a blessing and to enjoy it while I still had my health.

Just spent 4 hours cleaning up my home, shalom and have a good ones pals.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #9006 on: January 05, 2020, 06:10:10 AM »
I've been there and honestly it's best to hold true..... Those that you want in your life skaters, lovers, careers, opportunities will come through. I know it sucks to hear but I think when it comes to comparing ourselves to others it's our own expectations that poison the well.  We've got to move higher in consciousness elevate ourselves to rewarding point of success.  We've only got maybe 75 years on this earth and I am not going to waste it on the what ifs and what abouts.....

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #9007 on: January 05, 2020, 11:23:24 AM »
imagine dragons dude . anyone who likes that can not be trusted  . or that song about riding bike with no handlebars
Never trust anyone who listens to Alt-J either

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1266
« Reply #9008 on: January 05, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »
jb - bad music(in my opinion) would be like...butt rock
or yeah rock

by butt rock i mean like godsmack nickelback and the like
yeah rock they say "yeaah" after every verse- you know what im sayin?

i cannot fuck with phish or anything that makes you wet noodle dance or hula hoop.

im down to give new (and often times awful) hip hop a chance, same with some avante garde jazz or whatever you can throw at me.
my girl listens to adele sometimes and i can cope.
im sure some of my music is terrible to her.

and yeah i totally agree with the no music thing

you dont dig any music your life is fuct

im very opinionated.
i also saw bruce springsteen when i was like 17 whatever that means.

the fact that there is a band named imagine dragons makes me physically ill

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1342
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #9009 on: January 05, 2020, 05:48:57 PM »
This thread has me listening to Nebraska on repeat. Good looks
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #9010 on: January 05, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »
I know what you guys mean about imagine dragons and butt rock and I really don't understand people who actually do like that stuff. I get not being a huge music fan and letting the radio do the thinking for you, but I've tried introducing those kinds of people to things I think are decent and easy enough for their ears, but they usually don't care. They just want what they know. It's like on the same level as those people who will go out to eat at a restaurant that's known for something special but they order chicken fingers.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9011 on: January 05, 2020, 06:55:44 PM »
I know what you guys mean about imagine dragons and butt rock and I really don't understand people who actually do like that stuff. I get not being a huge music fan and letting the radio do the thinking for you, but I've tried introducing those kinds of people to things I think are decent and easy enough for their ears, but they usually don't care. They just want what they know. It's like on the same level as those people who will go out to eat at a restaurant that's known for something special but they order chicken fingers.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9012 on: January 06, 2020, 12:27:58 AM »
I want to add Russ to the list of bad artists for personal reasons.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #9013 on: January 06, 2020, 01:47:23 AM »
jb - bad music(in my opinion) would be like...butt rock
or yeah rock

by butt rock i mean like godsmack nickelback and the like
yeah rock they say "yeaah" after every verse- you know what im sayin?

i cannot fuck with phish or anything that makes you wet noodle dance or hula hoop.

im down to give new (and often times awful) hip hop a chance, same with some avante garde jazz or whatever you can throw at me.
my girl listens to adele sometimes and i can cope.
im sure some of my music is terrible to her.

and yeah i totally agree with the no music thing

you dont dig any music your life is fuct

im very opinionated.
i also saw bruce springsteen when i was like 17 whatever that means.

the fact that there is a band named imagine dragons makes me physically ill
nuff said'

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #9014 on: January 06, 2020, 06:14:34 AM »
I work 1-9:30pm and work has me stressed out. I woke up at 5am having a nightmare about going in and its fucking weird and terrifying. I woke up crying and just being fucking full of anxiety.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9015 on: January 06, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know that feel man. My best friend from high school is killing it at his corporate job having made smart career moves when he graduated - intern at IT MNC, worked his way up through another MNC and he's sitting pretty high up the food chain in the company, slated to become a regional director. I on the hand studied something that wasn't very marketable (psychology), graduated during the 2009 recession and only found my first job in 2011 in a much more niche part of IT which is rapidly shrinking.

It didn't help that I took 2 years to try and run a business with a friend and ex-colleague before that went to shit after we couldn't see eye to eye on a bunch of things. Since then I've been trying to recover my career, gradually moving up the corporate ladder to where I am right now. I'm not sure about the prospects in the future, but at the moment it's given me pretty good work-life balance which has allowed me to come back to skateboarding.

Still, I can't help but feel my best friend has lapped me. Not that I'm jealous of his success at all, he's a salt of the earth kind of guy and would take a bullet for me if we were at gun point. We were each others best man at our respective weddings. I feel like I let him, and myself down with where I am in my life, in terms of where I could be financially and in career.

We met up a few weeks ago for Xmas lunch with a couple of friends and when it came time to split the bill dude pulled out an Amex Black Card, while I pulled out the equivalent of a Chase card. When I was having tough times with my business he handed me a cheque for 10k, telling me not to worry about returning it. I love him a friend, but also disappointed him because I didn't have it all together like he did.

Regarding letting things go at their own pace, I'll agree on that fully. I had a shit skate session this morning and I felt like focusing my board numerous times throughout the 2 hours. I had to remind myself that any time on the board is a blessing and to enjoy it while I still had my health.

I feel this whole heartedly. I’m the youngest of three and my two older kin have their lives set. I on the other hand struggle to keep my head up and get my ducks in a row. They love me, I’m aware, but I can’t help but feel like a disappointment when I’m around my family.

I guess the only thing I can offer is to not let it fester any resentment.

As far as my confession for today goes - I’m almost thirty and have never been tested for STD’s. It hasn’t fallen of yet so I guess it’s okay.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #9016 on: January 06, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
I work 1-9:30pm and work has me stressed out. I woke up at 5am having a nightmare about going in and its fucking weird and terrifying. I woke up crying and just being fucking full of anxiety.

Damn. Would you care to divulge what it is you do for work?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9017 on: January 06, 2020, 07:11:48 PM »

I’ve had a similar situation and if it persists and you’re not really happy it may be tome to move. With that said, you hit rough patches with all aspects of your life and work is one of them. Don’t know your situation but, would you care to expand?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #9018 on: January 06, 2020, 09:44:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve had a similar situation and if it persists and you’re not really happy it may be tome to move. With that said, you hit rough patches with all aspects of your life and work is one of them. Don’t know your situation but, would you care to expand?

I work at a dog park/boarding facility. It sounds dope but its really fucking stressful. I pretty much spend all day breaking up dog fights and cleaning shit and they dont want to staff us properly so im in the park by myself sometimes with up to 40 dogs at a time. Ive been bit a few times now. I asked if they would let me do bathing and grooming since its 9-5 and im having to leave my dog at home to go to work. They said if I worked more they would. That was back in October. I’ve worked every holiday since I started there and im being over scheduled still with no talk of getting transferred. Im just really bored with what I do and I hate this feeling like im working a dead end job. 1-9:30 is a pain in the ass too. Cant do shit on the days I work and they’ve been scheduling me every other day for two months now.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9019 on: January 06, 2020, 10:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I work at a dog park/boarding facility. It sounds dope but its really fucking stressful. I pretty much spend all day breaking up dog fights and cleaning shit and they dont want to staff us properly so im in the park by myself sometimes with up to 40 dogs at a time. Ive been bit a few times now. I asked if they would let me do bathing and grooming since its 9-5 and im having to leave my dog at home to go to work. They said if I worked more they would. That was back in October. I’ve worked every holiday since I started there and im being over scheduled still with no talk of getting transferred. Im just really bored with what I do and I hate this feeling like im working a dead end job. 1-9:30 is a pain in the ass too. Cant do shit on the days I work and they’ve been scheduling me every other day for two months now.

Yeah, maybe start looking for another job or Bring it up to them again. Even if you become annoying.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9020 on: January 06, 2020, 10:32:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, maybe start looking for another job or Bring it up to them again. Even if you become annoying.

^^^^^^^

Start looking around and test the market to know your worth. Your physical and mental health are worth more than the pay check. Shalom and all the best.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #9021 on: January 07, 2020, 01:28:45 AM »

Out of curiosity, did you let things lay around and just stack up for a while due to a certain depressive state, because if yes you're not alone, that's happened to me quite a few times too. When in that state, not postponing even the most basic chore feels impossible, in the end they stack up in the back of your head, your home starts looking like a shithole and nurturing the thought that maybe you're not worthy of more than living in a shithole since you can't seem to do basic tasks, to the point where you don't dare to have people over anymore which in turn encourages you to slack on more shit, it's a vicious cycle. If you managed to break out of that then kudos, regardless of the state you were at I know sinking low is tempting and getting back up takes strength, also, your post brought back memories I'm not proud of so after reading it I just cleaned my whole apartment in full too, just to make sure. You probably feel pretty good now, living in a clean, presentable, safe place is very therapeutic.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #9022 on: January 07, 2020, 05:17:33 AM »
Funny how it works for different people... I tend to clean/wash more, the shittier I feel.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9023 on: January 07, 2020, 05:35:09 AM »
Anxiety works wonders for housekeeping.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9024 on: January 07, 2020, 07:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Out of curiosity, did you let things lay around and just stack up for a while due to a certain depressive state, because if yes you're not alone, that's happened to me quite a few times too. When in that state, not postponing even the most basic chore feels impossible, in the end they stack up in the back of your head, your home starts looking like a shithole and nurturing the thought that maybe you're not worthy of more than living in a shithole since you can't seem to do basic tasks, to the point where you don't dare to have people over anymore which in turn encourages you to slack on more shit, it's a vicious cycle. If you managed to break out of that then kudos, regardless of the state you were at I know sinking low is tempting and getting back up takes strength, also, your post brought back memories I'm not proud of so after reading it I just cleaned my whole apartment in full too, just to make sure. You probably feel pretty good now, living in a clean, presentable, safe place is very therapeutic.

Nah I'm not dealing with any psychological issues hence the cleaning. I'm Chinese and the Lunar New Year is coming up, so in preparation we do an annual spring cleaning to usher in the new year. This includes stuff like tossing out old clothes, furniture and cleaning every inch of the house.

My wife and I spent 4 hours cleaning to target the spots we usually neglect during weekly chores.

Thanks for the concern though, we got another 2 more weekends of back to back cleaning sessions.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9025 on: January 07, 2020, 10:26:18 AM »
im dead inside so now instead of laughing i just say that’s funny
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #9026 on: January 07, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »
Nah I'm not dealing with any psychological issues hence the cleaning. I'm Chinese and the Lunar New Year is coming up, so in preparation we do an annual spring cleaning to usher in the new year. This includes stuff like tossing out old clothes, furniture and cleaning every inch of the house.

My wife and I spent 4 hours cleaning to target the spots we usually neglect during weekly chores.

Thanks for the concern though, we got another 2 more weekends of back to back cleaning sessions.

Then it's good to hear you're in a good place both mentally and physically, sounds like a healthy tradition, like I was saying cleaning from the ground up is always good for you no matter what. I thought I'd bring that subject up just in case because it's not an issue people have that's too commonly discussed (most likely due to pride), who knows, maybe someone with it will read that one day, realize they can relate and get their ass off to tidy the fuck up.

One of my former girlfriends' mother was a hoarder who couldn't even sleep in her own room or cook anything in her oven because everything around her place was just crammed with stuff, or I've cleaned up homes before for family members too old to be physically able to do it (and you bet it showed) - those visions were terrifying and still are in retrospect.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:01:38 PM by silhouette »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #9027 on: January 07, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel this whole heartedly. I’m the youngest of three and my two older kin have their lives set. I on the other hand struggle to keep my head up and get my ducks in a row. They love me, I’m aware, but I can’t help but feel like a disappointment when I’m around my family.

As far as my confession for today goes - I’m almost thirty and have never been tested for STD’s. It hasn’t fallen of yet so I guess it’s okay.
That's not how it works. You should get tested, if not for your sake, then at least for the sake of current/future partners.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #9028 on: January 07, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »
im dead inside so now instead of laughing i just say that’s funny
That sucks. How long have you felt like you were dead inside?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9029 on: January 08, 2020, 02:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
That's not how it works. You should get tested, if not for your sake, then at least for the sake of current/future partners.

That’s the plan. And also don’t yell at me dude.