Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797560 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1500 on: January 17, 2019, 08:19:21 AM »
complements sent me a set of ty evans ATF wheels and they're 10x better than my keyframes bless up plus they got the chomp on this graphic on them so i'm hella happy

Can you give some more details on how they differ from Keyframes? I've been interested in trying the ATFs out but I'm happy with my Keyframes and the ATFs aren't very widely available and they usually cost quite a bunch, so I haven't.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #1501 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
when i was skating today i noticed that my wheel (spitfire f4) has cracked. it’s kinda weird as it has never happened to me before and i don’t really know what to expect now. i removed the bearings to see what’s up with it in there and it’s cracked all the way through the middle to the inner side of the wheel. what should i do?

big photo

Shoot an email over to [email protected]
[close]

yeah he didn't answer. did anyone have a similar problem? i don't really want to buy new wheels now because f4s are kinda expensive and i can't really get myself to skate anything else
[close]

Try sending again!

jackduluoz

« Reply #1502 on: January 17, 2019, 12:08:18 PM »
Just put 54mm Clouds on my cruiser, they feel fuckin great. $42 CAD on amazon prime so I couldn't not.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1503 on: January 18, 2019, 12:25:54 PM »
Just scored some free Easy Street Bones. I'm hooked on F4s but I'll give them a try. The unnatural white color is already a little off putting though.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:06:18 PM by Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1504 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:45 PM »
Urine works great....

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1505 on: January 19, 2019, 01:09:08 AM »
Expand Quote
complements sent me a set of ty evans ATF wheels and they're 10x better than my keyframes bless up plus they got the chomp on this graphic on them so i'm hella happy

[close]

Can you give some more details on how they differ from Keyframes? I've been interested in trying the ATFs out but I'm happy with my Keyframes and the ATFs aren't very widely available and they usually cost quite a bunch, so I haven't.
I can give you review as soon as that snow melts and I’m gonna be able to hit our crusty streets, as I’ve been skating atf’s for along time and now I have keyframes to try out. I am also quite sure those wheels serves different purposes, atf’s being more ”longboard wheel”-type that rolls over anything but are slow on super smooth ground and keyframes are more in the middle ground between regular street wheel and 78a’s...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1506 on: February 03, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
Smoothest rolling 50/51 mm wheel?  Looking for something to use with my Indy lows (yes I still have Indy lows) that are a little less abrasive than the hard ass rictas I have on there.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1507 on: February 03, 2019, 03:51:54 PM »
Smoothest rolling 50/51 mm wheel?  Looking for something to use with my Indy lows (yes I still have Indy lows) that are a little less abrasive than the hard ass rictas I have on there.
Spitfire F4 99d
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

JB77

« Reply #1508 on: February 03, 2019, 09:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Spitfire F4 99d
Unless you're looking for a "cruiser" style wheel, this seems like the best answer to me. I was on OJ's for a long time, but I'm a Spitfire convert.  Though, if you can deal with a 52mm option, the Bones Easy Streets are probably worth a try, too.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1509 on: February 04, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
I think the smallest easy is a 53....

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1510 on: February 04, 2019, 08:10:22 AM »

https://www.tactics.com/wayward-wheels/najera-levels-funnel-cut-skateboard-wheels/lilac-99a

Waywards are the closest you can get to F4s without buying F4s. In fact, they feel a tad bit more forgiving as far as rattle goes.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #1511 on: February 07, 2019, 02:32:12 PM »
aight so this happened today. just rolling down the street and shit just unexpectedly broke in (almost) half. still no answer from dlx

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #1512 on: February 07, 2019, 07:14:40 PM »
Give 'em a bit of time to respond. They'll sort you out.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #1513 on: February 08, 2019, 03:17:40 AM »
Give 'em a bit of time to respond. They'll sort you out.

he did actually respond, but for some reason gmail marked it as spam so i didn’t see it.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1514 on: February 09, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

I also have a setup with Indy lows and I love Indy lows and how they feel

I use bones stf on my setup, f4 99 work too but softest I would recommend bones 100’s

Love those for nice fair grip and cushioning on impact with a bit of slide  ability
yes

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1515 on: February 10, 2019, 01:22:22 AM »
This feels pretty against the grain, considering they are some basic ass wheels, but I just got some sml. Tom Know OG wide wides in the mail today!! 20bucks. I honestly was expecting them to be more of a conical shape considering the OG wide name (I'm also a moron), but they are just some basic ass bishes. Not hatin for 20bucks though.

...if some f4 conicals go on clearance somewhere I'm gonna get on dem.
The chillest1

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1516 on: February 10, 2019, 05:48:42 AM »
Is a slightly softer wheel better for concrete pools and things like that? I wanna get into that action (only ever tried mini ramps and the odd QP in skateparks), and am looking at 97a SC Slimeballs.
Also, is a bigger wheel a good idea for that kind of stuff? I mean, I run 55mm F4s (99a) on my regular setup, that’s already bigger than what many people ride, but I could get a decent deal on some 60mm (but thinking that’s a bit too big even with 1/8 inch risers?) or I could get some slightly more expensive 56mm Slimeballs.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1517 on: February 10, 2019, 06:59:00 AM »
Is a slightly softer wheel better for concrete pools and things like that? I wanna get into that action (only ever tried mini ramps and the odd QP in skateparks), and am looking at 97a SC Slimeballs.
Also, is a bigger wheel a good idea for that kind of stuff? I mean, I run 55mm F4s (99a) on my regular setup, that’s already bigger than what many people ride, but I could get a decent deal on some 60mm (but thinking that’s a bit too big even with 1/8 inch risers?) or I could get some slightly more expensive 56mm Slimeballs.

I go SPF in bowls. The formula grips well and they are fast as fuck. Super fast wheels mean I am working less hard for the same speed and I get less tired. Less tires equals less stupid bails and injury

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1518 on: February 10, 2019, 06:49:50 PM »
Personally I don't have a great bowl level and I find that bigger wheels are more difficult, because you have less acceleration to recover lost speed when pumping. Also I feel that I am loosing speed with hard wheels, it's like more energy goes into "micro slides" along corners rather than providing me a full boost.  Overall I find that my flow is better with 53mm 99a F4 classics rather than 56mm SPF, but I understand that experimented bowl riders will prefer big hard wheels.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1519 on: February 11, 2019, 07:50:11 AM »
bigger wheels  have less acceleration  loosing speed with hard wheels
Ignore this man!

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1520 on: February 12, 2019, 01:50:51 AM »
I skate a ton of bowl, and I just skate spitty classic 54’s. Speed is in your lines, not your wheel size!

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1521 on: February 12, 2019, 04:20:33 AM »
Righto, thanks for the input guys. I was mainly concerned with the softness/grip, as my F4s slide out from time to time. Might try a set of Bones then.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1522 on: February 16, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »
Looking forward to trying these

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1523 on: February 17, 2019, 12:39:05 AM »
Looking forward to trying these

Noice! I got some Tom Knox sml wheels for 20 bucks the other day. 53mm og wides. They've been fun, but they are a little more slippy than the Bones STF's I was runnin before. That's actually part of the reason they've been fun haha. Enjoy homie!!
The chillest1

thebacker

« Reply #1524 on: February 19, 2019, 05:20:52 AM »
The AG's are more grippy than f4's and ride pretty well. I ended up giving them to a friend after a week because formula fours felt better to me

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1525 on: February 19, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
Just grabbed a set of these from my new local.

Anyone tried this AG formula? MOE SYZLAK where you at?

I need to get off F4s. I love the lock-ins, radials and conicals in 101 (but will do 99 if need be). I think I'm just going to bounce between Sml, Dial Tone and Loophole. Back to supporting the little guys.

give them a shout out real quick yo.

Wifey just got me some new Elites

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1526 on: February 20, 2019, 06:06:37 AM »

I’m riding these at the moment. I went up from 54 spitfires because the streets are all fucked up right now (winter) and need a bigger wheel. They are a little harder than what I’m used to and don’t slide as well as the Spitfire f4s, but they don’t seem to stop me from doing any of my ledge tricks, they actually feel a bit better on these (not complicated stuff, just basics). They feel a bit clunkier and heavier than my last wheels, but I’m getting used to that and its not too dramatic.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1527 on: February 21, 2019, 05:24:18 AM »
Orbs Specters 54mm 99d
I put like 4 hours of skating on them yesterday.
A little sticky so far but they are fast and cool shape.
The only think I don’t really like is that they are treaded, omg of my favorite things about F4s is they don’t have treads.
Orbs Ghost lites are smooth with no tread but those are too hard for my liking.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:35:02 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1528 on: February 21, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
so i know i was posting saying my waywards were better than my elites, but i just set up thee wheels my wife just got me

holy shit these are fast and slide well.

the elites i had were samples but these are killing it
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:12:57 PM by somedudefromnj »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1529 on: February 21, 2019, 05:34:04 PM »
so i know i was posting saying my waywards were better than my elites, but i just set up thee wheels my wife just got me

holy shit these are fast and slide well.

the elites i had were samples but these are killing it
Did you smell your elites when you opened the package?

Also my orbs felt really good today.
Maybe I’m liking them after all.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.