Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797482 times)

woodinbrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1590 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:13 AM »
I live in Norway, a set of F4s will typically cost around 500 NOK which is roughly 60 USD. Spitfire Classics or wheels from Bones or OJ are often a little bit cheaper than that. I can get Acid wheels for 300, that’s 35 dollars.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1591 on: March 16, 2019, 09:11:31 PM »
Anyone know the width of Bones V3 Slims in 50mm in 83b? They don't have it posted on their site for some reason. I'm debating those, or the Spitfire F4 Classics in 50mm which are which are 30mm wide. I like small wheels (obviously) and I don't like wide wheels, that's why I am leaning towards Bones, they look smaller in Pictures. Currently skating some Autobahns in 50mm, can't find the specs on them but I think they are 99a, and they are skinny which I like, just wish they were a bit harder.

I have never had a pair of Spitfires I liked, always flat spotted them (even F4's) but that was way back when they first came out. I'm torn, probably going to grab the bones, unless someone here can sway me otherwise.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1592 on: March 16, 2019, 09:39:05 PM »
Just get bones if you don’t like spits dawg. I skated a brand new set of F4 99 conical 52s the other day at red park in SJ. I’ve tried to not powerslide right away on new wheels recently because of slaps craziness. But I quickly forgot they were brand new and they skated great. Felt a little bit extra grippy on some speed checks but I’m sure that will get easier when they fully break in. Got some classic full f4s coming in too so that should be fun.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1593 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:25 AM »
Anyone know the width of Bones V3 Slims in 50mm in 83b?

They are 28mm wide.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1594 on: March 17, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
Just get bones if you don’t like spits dawg. I skated a brand new set of F4 99 conical 52s the other day at red park in SJ. I’ve tried to not powerslide right away on new wheels recently because of slaps craziness. But I quickly forgot they were brand new and they skated great. Felt a little bit extra grippy on some speed checks but I’m sure that will get easier when they fully break in. Got some classic full f4s coming in too so that should be fun.

Yeah, more I think of it the more I'm leaning towards Bones, I want to like spitfire, dope brand, just never had a good experience with their product.

They are 28mm wide.
[/quote]

Thanks man!

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1595 on: March 18, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
Anyone try these Slimeballs?

I’m curious how the 97a slides and how soft they feel. I keep going back and forth between 90a and 99a wheels depending on where and what I’m skating and am looking to see if these (or any other 97a’s) are noticeably different from 99a

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1596 on: March 18, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »

I’m curious how the 97a slides and how soft they feel. I keep going back and forth between 90a and 99a wheels depending on where and what I’m skating and am looking to see if these (or any other 97a’s) are noticeably different from 99a

didn't feel that much softer than a 99 F4 to me and noticeably harder than 90a ML. granted i didnt spend much time with them bc i got tired of using risers w/ the 60mm ones

is Bones phasing out the V categories for shapes? went on their website and couldn't find specs for each V type.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #1597 on: March 18, 2019, 02:01:03 PM »

is Bones phasing out the V categories for shapes? went on their website and couldn't find specs for each V type.

I think so.  They are renaming them to be more descriptive

V1 = Standard
V2 = Locks
V3 = Slims
V4 = Wide
V5 = Sidecut

And they have a new shape - Fatties

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1598 on: March 18, 2019, 02:07:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think so.  They are renaming them to be more descriptive

V1 = Standard
V2 = Locks
V3 = Slims
V4 = Wide
V5 = Sidecut

And they have a new shape - Fatties

sick, thanks duder
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1599 on: March 18, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

didn't feel that much softer than a 99 F4 to me and noticeably harder than 90a ML. granted i didnt spend much time with them bc i got tired of using risers w/ the 60mm ones

Gotcha, thanks!

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #1600 on: March 18, 2019, 06:37:21 PM »
I haven’t spent that much time on the Slimeballs yet but so far I prefer them to 99a F4s on smooth skatepark concrete. I slip out a lot in hard turns on the F4s, that didn’t happen yet on the Slimeballs. Powerslides feel really nice on the Slimeballs but are almost silent, no aural excitement there.
Once spring comes and I can skate the streets again I’ll still stick to my F4s though. 

Sundaynuggets

« Reply #1601 on: March 18, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »
I haven’t spent that much time on the Slimeballs yet but so far I prefer them to 99a F4s on smooth skatepark concrete. I slip out a lot in hard turns on the F4s, that didn’t happen yet on the Slimeballs. Powerslides feel really nice on the Slimeballs but are almost silent, no aural excitement there.
Once spring comes and I can skate the streets again I’ll still stick to my F4s though.

Gotcha, thanks a lot!

BasedSenpai

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1602 on: March 18, 2019, 08:05:21 PM »
What's up with them OJ elite urethane wheels? Thinking about copping a set. I been on Spitfire classics for years, always wanted to try OJ though since I've always dug their team. Unfortunately in my experience Spitfire doesnt have the best quality control. Each set of wheels I had varied from the last. Some flatspotted easily, some didnt flat spot at all. But I always loved the shape and hardness.
Trying to find a more consistent wheel and OJ seems to be really hyping up this newer formula. However I'm wary of marketing gimmicks, I tried those formula four wheels and hated em.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1603 on: March 18, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »
Has anyone tried Crupiê wheels? I picked up a two pairs of FP Insoles for my wife and I and got 52mm 101a Ribeiro's free.

Just got them today, so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Thoughts?

I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1604 on: March 19, 2019, 06:43:18 AM »
What's up with them OJ elite urethane wheels? Thinking about copping a set. I been on Spitfire classics for years, always wanted to try OJ though since I've always dug their team. Unfortunately in my experience Spitfire doesnt have the best quality control. Each set of wheels I had varied from the last. Some flatspotted easily, some didnt flat spot at all. But I always loved the shape and hardness.
Trying to find a more consistent wheel and OJ seems to be really hyping up this newer formula. However I'm wary of marketing gimmicks, I tried those formula four wheels and hated em.

I need to know the exact same

Anyone got more recent feedback?

I know there’s a search bar but I want an updated opinion/review

I liked oj’s og 99a formula but they were slow as snail balls

Tried the insane a thane and they sucked

Now what are the elites like?
yes

somedudefromnj

« Reply #1605 on: March 19, 2019, 06:22:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so right now i have two pairs of elites.

just set up the Nora universals after valentines day, which feel fast (pretty obvious because they were brand new) and they slide great for ledge maneuvers. On another setup I have the hardline samples. The universals feel a lot better on street or whatever which I guess is expected, but now that the hardlines are a bit older they feel a little slower than before, but still roll significantly better than the insane a thanes, and the older wheels they had.

In between those sets I had some 51mm waywards and those feel trash compared to the hardlines. The waywards slid well for tricks, but just rolling reminded me of my old OJ's (but no one is really asking about wayward sooo...).

My apologies if that was all over the place. I know I have too many comparisons in there but I hope that helps. I guess my personal final verdict is that OJ has stepped it up a shit ton with the Elite formula, but I do have to note up until those waywards I have been skating only OJ wheels for about four or five years now so I wouldnt be able to compare them to any other brands.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1606 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so right now i have two pairs of elites.

just set up the Nora universals after valentines day, which feel fast (pretty obvious because they were brand new) and they slide great for ledge maneuvers. On another setup I have the hardline samples. The universals feel a lot better on street or whatever which I guess is expected, but now that the hardlines are a bit older they feel a little slower than before, but still roll significantly better than the insane a thanes, and the older wheels they had.

In between those sets I had some 51mm waywards and those feel trash compared to the hardlines. The waywards slid well for tricks, but just rolling reminded me of my old OJ's (but no one is really asking about wayward sooo...).

My apologies if that was all over the place. I know I have too many comparisons in there but I hope that helps. I guess my personal final verdict is that OJ has stepped it up a shit ton with the Elite formula, but I do have to note up until those waywards I have been skating only OJ wheels for about four or five years now so I wouldnt be able to compare them to any other brands.

Nice, maybe I’ll grab a set of elites to try

I loved the way the og 99a oj felt, they were sticky but could slide if you really wanted to, they were just sooooooooooo slow for some reason

They felt like spit classics but more to my preference, smooth and grippy

I loved them so much I got an oj shirt then discovered how much better f4 and stf were and now I’m like do I even rep the juice anymore or...?

Tried the wayward hype and they weren’t bad, I like how smooth and quality my 52mm fairfax 101a felt but they honestly didn’t feel much better compared to the likes of f4/stf, they just felt like a better spit classic
yes

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1607 on: March 21, 2019, 05:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The elites are fine, hard and smooth. I got a small flat spot on mine the second day.
When I opened the package they fully smelled like cocain.
Slide fine but not as easily as F4s, harder feel than F4s.
If you get them, sniff them as soon as you open the package.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1608 on: March 21, 2019, 06:44:54 AM »
Has anyone tried Crupiê wheels? I picked up a two pairs of FP Insoles for my wife and I and got 52mm 101a Ribeiro's free.

Thoughts?

They are legit, high quality wheels, mostly in very narrow shapes that I like.
They are durable, stay white, resist flatspots really good and are usually dirt cheap.
I went from STF to Crupie and to tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1609 on: March 21, 2019, 09:45:52 AM »
Expand Quote

Thoughts?

[close]

They are legit, high quality wheels, mostly in very narrow shapes that I like.
They are durable, stay white, resist flatspots really good and are usually dirt cheap.
I went from STF to Crupie and to tell you the truth I couldn't tell the difference.

I love Crupies and actually picked up my 3rd set recently that I’m gonna use on my next setup. I only skate Bones STF, Spitfire F4s, and Crupies. They usually come in narrower “tech” shapes/widths. Good flatspot resistance, urethane stays white for quite a while which is cool, and the they squeal better than any other wheels when you land/revert. Fuckin love how they sound when you “skkkrrrrt” on 180 tricks. To top it all off they’re usually a cheaper wheel at about $22-25. Their distro concrete-visionary.com is doing buy one get one free for $30 this which is a pretty nice deal too

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1610 on: March 21, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »
Nice! I finally got something for free that wasn't worthless. Thanks to both of you for the report.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
« Reply #1611 on: March 21, 2019, 07:59:22 PM »
I had a pair of crupies not too long ago. I loved them until they flat spotted the hell out of one after like a month or so. Hit a rock and dragged it. They were great until then.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1612 on: March 22, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »
so i bought a set of ricta blake johnson naturals 101a 54mm £30. not sure about the whole one blue wheel thing but i said fuck it and got em since the only other shit they had in this local bike shop were some 51mm tom astas and spitfire lowdowns (also before i get shit its a fuckin legit shop)

my first impressions of them were that they felt v similar to formula 4s in terms of how easy it is to chuck a slide. didnt have much on hand to compare to, skated my friends board with spitfire classic gt's (99ds) and they def rolled quicker/slide much better, then some 99a formula fours and again they slid better. probably due to the higher durometer and the fact they were brand new so ill see how they are after a few sessions but overall for 30 quid im very pleased.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:07:55 PM by cosmicgypsies »

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1613 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:12 AM »
so i bought a set of ricta blake johnson naturals 101a 54mm £30. not sure about the whole one blue wheel thing but i said fuck it and got em since the only other shit they had in this local bike shop were some 51mm tom astas and spitfire lowdowns (also before i get shit its a fuckin legit shop)

my first impressions of them were that they felt v similar to formula 4s in terms of how easy it is to chuck a slide. didnt have much on hand to compare to, skated my friends board with spitfire classic gt's (99ds) and they def rolled quicker/slide much better, then some 99a formula fours and again they slid better. probably due to the higher durometer and the fact they were brand new so ill see how they are after a few sessions but overall for 30 quid im very pleased.

Please do, ive always wanted to try a good set of Rictas cause my fav skaters use to ride them but I always heard bad things cause China and I got a set of the old nrg Sandoval and they were terrible

Like a China knock off of stf’s, they did roll fast but that’s all they had going for them, they didn’t slide well and just didn’t absorb bad spots ground well and chattered all over
yes

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1614 on: March 23, 2019, 08:13:04 AM »
Just get the Rapido's. They are like a better feeling STF, all the benefits but less plasticy roll. They would probably take over F4's for my favorite wheel if I wasn't a sucker for the Spitfire tan color.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1615 on: March 24, 2019, 02:34:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please do, ive always wanted to try a good set of Rictas cause my fav skaters use to ride them but I always heard bad things cause China and I got a set of the old nrg Sandoval and they were terrible

Like a China knock off of stf’s, they did roll fast but that’s all they had going for them, they didn’t slide well and just didn’t absorb bad spots ground well and chattered all over

after my second session on them i'd say china stf's wouldn't be too far off it, maybe more of an unrefined f4/stfs as with f4s etc you can slide them but still have control, with these rictas they slide a shit ton and it takes some more to control them but again probably still need wearing in some more. they roll fast but also slide well and go straight over rough as fuck shit. our local spot is somewhat rough floor (well not rough but its not smooth) and they were perfect, skated some smooth tarmac they rolled like a dream then hit this crusty stone wallie spot and they were great.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1616 on: March 30, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »
Had my first session with the Bones Easy Streets today. They are not faster than Spitfire Formula Four 99s nor do they slide better. They are decent wheels but nothing special. No reason to get them over the Spits at all. Might try to sell mine and just buy another set of Spits to replace them 🤔

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #1617 on: March 30, 2019, 09:08:28 PM »
Had my first session with the Bones Easy Streets today. They are not faster than Spitfire Formula Four 99s nor do they slide better. They are decent wheels but nothing special. No reason to get them over the Spits at all. Might try to sell mine and just buy another set of Spits to replace them 🤔

What size and shape? How much would you want for them?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1618 on: March 31, 2019, 12:24:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

54 mm and I dunno what the shape is called but it’s whatever shape the 54 mm ones came in. I live in Finland though so unless you live here too, it probably won’t work out. 🤔

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #1619 on: March 31, 2019, 12:30:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

54 mm and I dunno what the shape is called but it’s whatever shape the 54 mm ones came in. I live in Finland though so unless you live here too, it probably won’t work out. 🤔

ahh damn nevermind. There's a lot of good feedback on the easy streets thread. I like both stfs and f4 99s, so was quite down to try these.