Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 982449 times)

boneless900, BoxStuffer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 844
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5730 on: December 06, 2020, 05:28:17 AM »
NFG 95a crust formula 54mm v-cut shape

I ordered a set of these too. Unfortunately I'm in Texas for 2 more weeks so I'm not going to get to try them out until I get home. The 54m square 55D is my favorite NFG/loophole wheel (54 V is a close second but the width/weight makes them slightly less versatile than the squares) and winter is here so I'm hoping that they'll handle the rock salt and grit as well or better than the OJ 97a formula.

Have you skated yours yet? If so let me know what you think.

What do yinz think of Spitfire Tablets? Good vibes at One Up Pittsburgh this evening.

Have you checked out radio yet? It's in the same place overcast was but they totally gutted and redid it. It's Scumco Nick and danger Dan and some other 412 OG's new shop - the pics/video I saw looked like they had a bunch of Scumco (obviously) and quasi stuff but that was back around Halloween so I'm sure there's a lot more there now. I got the impression that they're going to carry a lot of cool smaller brands like DOA and loophole so I'm excited to check it out when I get home.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:35:52 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5731 on: December 06, 2020, 05:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ordered a set of these too. Unfortunately I'm in Texas for 2 more weeks so I'm not going to get to try them out until I get home. The 54m square 55D is my favorite NFG/loophole wheel (54 V is a close second but the width/weight makes them slightly less versatile than the squares) and winter is here so I'm hoping that they'll handle the rock salt and grit as well or better than the OJ 97a formula.

just set them up last night during a snowstorm.. might be a few days before it dries out. Really need to find a parking garage.

Manny Fapuiao

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #5732 on: December 06, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
What do yinz think of Spitfire Tablets? Good vibes at One Up Pittsburgh this evening.
[close]

Have you checked out radio yet? It's in the same place overcast was but they totally gutted and redid it. It's Scumco Nick and danger Dan and some other 412 OG's new shop - the pics/video I saw looked like they had a bunch of Scumco (obviously) and quasi stuff but that was back around Halloween so I'm sure there's a lot more there now. I got the impression that they're going to carry a lot of cool smaller brands like DOA and loophole so I'm excited to check it out when I get home.
I've been meaning to head over to Radio, probably should've last night but I had a hankering to skate, thus going to One Up. All those guys are cool and it's absolutely worth supporting. I'll most likely go over there sometime this week. I'm curious about Dustin's (former owner of Overcast) feelings about it.
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5733 on: December 06, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »

I've been meaning to head over to Radio, probably should've last night but I had a hankering to skate, thus going to One Up. All those guys are cool and it's absolutely worth supporting. I'll most likely go over there sometime this week. I'm curious about Dustin's (former owner of Overcast) feelings about it.

Dustyn is cool with it as far as I know. I had a few long talks with him in the months leading up to him closing and he was pretty over it... he was working a full time job just to keep the shop open and then the hardgoods shortage hit (and overcast was never the best stocked shop to begin with) and his distribution dried up and he could barely keep any wood on the wall. It was always a passion project for him, so when the passion started to die it was only a matter of time. He told me that he just wanted to make it 5 years, and he did that. Last time I talked to him he seemed pretty at ease with it and was happy that he would have more time to skate and less stuff to worry about. He's such a nice, genuine dude and I can't imagine him being anything but totally supportive of something that grows and supports Pittsburgh skating. If you ever met Jovan (the dude from Boston that was working there towards the end) he's got an account on here, he actually figured out who I was the first time I went in there while he was working just from my woodshop nerd shit haha.

I did hear that the oneup guys were a little salty about Radio, but that doesnt really surprise me. I've heard they can be pretty big dildos. The kids that work there are usually super cool though (and some of them really rip)

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #5734 on: December 06, 2020, 11:06:24 PM »
Bought a snack board and a couple snack shirts from seasons out of albany online today after breaking my new quasi on flat.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5735 on: December 06, 2020, 11:51:35 PM »
Bought from a few shops recently for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday:
- 303 Boards
- Emage Denver
- Jack's Garage
- Sunland Skate Shop (featured in a recent Thrasher, which was unexpected but rad!)

Here's some of what I picked up:

Pass~Port (2nd one ever. First one was 5 years ago)
Mob grip (fresh mob is something you can't beat!)
Reds bearings
1" Phillip's Indy hardware
Tom Knox 440 Hi - a truly beautiful shoe in my opinion. Can't wait to skate them!
Super Champion Fun Zone

ballintoohard

« Reply #5736 on: December 07, 2020, 11:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Passport 8.25 × 31.75 × 14.25 "Tile life" ,board.

It's steep and I kind of hate it right now.
[close]
I hated my passport for real. 3 weeks in and it still feels unreliable for flip tricks. If you haven't skated it yet, I would just make it a wall board like I wish I had with mine.
[close]

I'm trying to be good with my money so I might just have to live with it. I popped a few ollies, nollie heels, and fs 180's and I don't think it's for me. I'm coming from skating an 8.25 x 31.5 x 14 deck with a pretty flat concave so maybe that's the issue.

As soon as I stood on this thing I was struck by the madness though. Damn.
[close]
Word. I hope it treats you better than mine did for me. I've had steep boards before and none of them felt as inconsistent as this one. I thought maybe I got a dud but your post made me think their boards just isn't for me.

Weird, my 8.25 is flat as hell

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #5737 on: December 07, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »
Quasi proto 8.25 and polar surf pants today. I have a dozen un skated boards now.

A perfect pairing with some Crockett hi's me thinks.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #5738 on: December 07, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Quasi proto 8.25 and polar surf pants today. I have a dozen un skated boards now.
[close]

Crockett hi’s tts?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5739 on: December 07, 2020, 02:20:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Such a good combo!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crockett hi’s tts?

They were for me.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5740 on: December 07, 2020, 03:26:32 PM »
Bought some Kr3w Tom Penny Denim cargo pants this weekend off Grailed
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #5741 on: December 07, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Such a good combo!

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Crockett hi’s tts?
[close]

They were for me.

Thanks, appreciate that.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5742 on: December 11, 2020, 12:48:37 PM »
adidas tyshawns

just walking around in them until i reach the spot, forefoot feels plush. gonna order some fp gamechangers and see if i found the perfect combo
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • old and in the way
« Reply #5743 on: December 11, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »
I just ordered the Pfanner 8.06
The Julien board was already sold out.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #5744 on: December 11, 2020, 02:28:22 PM »
Picked up a doubles ltd shirt!

Along with tees from evisen and magenta.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5745 on: December 11, 2020, 06:54:14 PM »

Doooo whut?!?!

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #5746 on: December 11, 2020, 06:57:45 PM »
Enjoi Deedz 8.375 football.

I'm not into the graphic though. Does anyone have any tips on removing Dwindle graphics without sanding? Would acetone applied to a towel work to wipe it off? Might just spray it white and call it good, but it has a cool colored bottom ply that would be cool to clear over.

Tensor ATG Mag Light 5.5.

Always been interested to try these. Found 'em for 20% off, so here we go I guess. Will set em up on the Deedz deck probably.

Need wheels for it, waiting for more shops to have 51mm F4 101a tablets.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #5747 on: December 11, 2020, 07:05:22 PM »
Enjoi Deedz 8.375 football.

I'm not into the graphic though. Does anyone have any tips on removing Dwindle graphics without sanding? Would acetone applied to a towel work to wipe it off? Might just spray it white and call it good, but it has a cool colored bottom ply that would be cool to clear over.

Tensor ATG Mag Light 5.5.

Always been interested to try these. Found 'em for 20% off, so here we go I guess. Will set em up on the Deedz deck probably.

Need wheels for it, waiting for more shops to have 51mm F4 101a tablets.

Yeah acetone removes graphics super easily. Just go light and make a lotta rounds with your rag. You don’t wanna soak your plys obviously.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #5748 on: December 11, 2020, 07:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Doooo whut?!?!

"doubles ltd shirt"

gonna be a collectors item when that dude shoots up a popeyes chicken.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:40:21 PM by BL0B »

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #5749 on: December 11, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
Indy 109s

sadnocomply

• Rep: 138
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5750 on: December 12, 2020, 12:53:43 PM »
Nike Sb Shashiko’s from garage skate shop for the low. Sorry gilby I’ll be back in those crocketts soon

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5751 on: December 12, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
8.25/148

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5752 on: December 13, 2020, 04:23:27 AM »
8.25/148

Ahh you found some 148s? I just picked up an 8.25 proto too. Figured I might as well get one now while they're available.

I'm still in Texas so I'm going to have a shit load of stuff waiting for me when I get home. Im probably forgetting some shit, but I know for sure I have boxes from DOA and ToPX, a pair of nb 440 high, a bunch of grip and stickers from various places, and then that quasi deck. The mail room people at my building probably hate me so much right now.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5753 on: December 13, 2020, 07:40:27 AM »

Ahh you found some 148s? I just picked up an 8.25 proto too. Figured I might as well get one now while they're available.

I'm still in Texas so I'm going to have a shit load of stuff waiting for me when I get home. Im probably forgetting some shit, but I know for sure I have boxes from DOA and ToPX, a pair of nb 440 high, a bunch of grip and stickers from various places, and then that quasi deck. The mail room people at my building probably hate me so much right now.

Did Rob mitosis into you and TumKayo?

I got a third set of Krux K4 since I'm assuming they'll be discontinued soon. With Ace bushings they are god-tier. Pretty sure the new ones will have a different feel with the new pivot cup design and I'm also strangely turned off by the wave on the baseplate of the K5. I'll still try 'em but I want to have a few K4's on backup.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5754 on: December 13, 2020, 07:52:08 AM »
Expand Quote
8.25/148

[close]

Yeah, not team hollows, so it's either get a set of 147 TH and swap plates or it's riser time, have some thunder risers kicking around. Tactics just got some yesterday, last week I was going to bite via Amazon/TGM but the price was too much...they wanted 69$ for a pair and that was with prime and even then they sold out pretty fast; still can't find any TI.

The proto was/is probably one of my favorite boards (skated 4-5 of them all paired with Thunders); haven't been feeling the boards I have on hand so time to get to something I know I like...I think it was the lack of a squareish shape and I've been off thunders for a minute (ditched my indy mids to a friend).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:59:55 AM by Xen »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5755 on: December 13, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
Just ordered this

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5756 on: December 13, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
Just ordered this

Would be funny to wear this shirt into bed with your significant other and they're like "babe, how can you be awake if you're going to sleep" or something like that. Haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5757 on: December 13, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5758 on: December 13, 2020, 01:19:05 PM »
is that a redbubble awake shirt
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5759 on: December 13, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
Would be funny to wear this shirt into bed with your significant other and they're like "babe, how can you be awake if you're going to sleep" or something like that. Haha

It's ok they made a shirt just for that occasion.