Author Topic: BRONZE 56K TRUST OUT NOW!!!!!  (Read 22173 times)

grains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: BRONZE 56K TRUST OUT NOW!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »
haha pig wheels skateboards

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3338
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2015, 04:47:57 PM »
The last 4 seconds of this were wonderful.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I really wanna support by purchasing some stuff, but the shipping costs are pretty damn high
[close]

way too high. looks like the 80's corpo vibe isn't just satire.

2 packs of hardware from Theories of Atlantis 3.25 shipping...

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
jordan trahan  :o

mini pebble

• Rep: -43
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2015, 05:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This new trend of not listing the skater's names in the bottom corner is whack as fuck.

[close]

This. I gave up on this video after a while, differentiating all the skaters is a pretty big deal for me in videos, especially when it's a bunch of similar-looking regular footed dudes in grainy footage.
[close]

This.  I lose interest fast if I don't even know who I'm watching.  Everyone rips now, everyone has a huge bag of tricks, do we really need to keep cranking out montage style videos with gimmicky editing?

These don't seem to be helping anyone's career either.  There are more "pro" skaters than ever.  Do you really want to waste footage so you can be grainy guy #3 with the wallie in that one video nobody watches any more?

On a related note; you kids get off my lawn

Also, that goodfella in front of the store, and the NBA Jam Backboard Shatter, this made my Monday, ordered a hard copy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:17:03 PM by mini pebble »

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 05:31:13 PM »
SP got a lil too close to that bicyclist. Made me nervous

I got really nervous also. I really thought he was going to hit him.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This new trend of not listing the skater's names in the bottom corner is whack as fuck.

[close]

This. I gave up on this video after a while, differentiating all the skaters is a pretty big deal for me in videos, especially when it's a bunch of similar-looking regular footed dudes in grainy footage.
[close]

This.  I lose interest fast if I don't even know who I'm watching.  Everyone rips now, everyone has a huge bag of tricks, do we really need to keep cranking out montage style videos with gimmicky editing?

These don't seem to be helping anyone's career either.  There are more "pro" skaters than ever.  Do you really want to waste footage so you can be grainy guy #3 with the wallie in that one video nobody watches any more?

So your logic is that if YOU don't recognize someone as a pro or have heard of them before, they aren't worth filming or putting into a video? What's more, if everyone is good, isn't the "gimmicky" editing the best way to make a video stand out?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:09:15 PM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
Kelly Bundy.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2015, 06:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This.  I lose interest fast if I don't even know who I'm watching.  Everyone rips now, everyone has a huge bag of tricks, do we really need to keep cranking out montage style videos with gimmicky editing?

These don't seem to be helping anyone's career either.  There are more "pro" skaters than ever.  Do you really want to waste footage so you can be grainy guy #3 with the wallie in that one video nobody watches any more?

[close]
So your logic is that if YOU don't recognize someone as a pro or have heard of them before, they aren't worth filming or putting into a video?

The logic (for me, that is) is that I want to know who the hell it is doing the trick! I don't wanna refer to the credits to try and remember "guy who had some tricks 4 dudes after Shawn Powers"

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2015, 06:42:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
So your logic is that if YOU don't recognize someone as a pro or have heard of them before, they aren't worth filming or putting into a video?
[close]

The logic (for me, that is) is that I want to know who the hell it is doing the trick! I don't wanna refer to the credits to try and remember "guy who had some tricks 4 dudes after Shawn Powers"

holy shit, i think we just found Rusty from Maine!

(^ first 20 seconds for all teh n00bs)

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2015, 07:01:36 PM »
Great as usual, but I'd like to call attention to THAT DELA LINE, SHEESH.

I hear you on the frustration of not knowing who's who, but that's keeping you from enjoying the video? C'mon.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

hahah this is exactly what I thought of. 

It is annoying though.  Sometimes you want to know who someone is so you can check out more of their footage.  It doesn't ruin a video by any means.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »

Holy shit, that's Uriel Luebcke grinding that kinked handrail in the begining. He became a born-again christian and owns and operates the indoor park in Denver. And here he is amongst like 15 legends, haha.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
The Delatorre footage made me realize how much I missed his skating. What a beast.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

raw

• Rep: -42
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2015, 07:44:33 PM »
fucking amazing. bronze kills it harder than anyone

4wheels

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
The Delatorre footage made me realize how much I missed his skating. What a beast.
His no push line was really really good. Hope he has a part in the gx1000 full length

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »

360 flip at flushing wow

I've never been there, but that 360 flip seemed absurdly massive

bronze with another classic i will watch 100x

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:01 PM »
Do you really want to waste footage so you can be grainy guy #3 with the wallie in that one video nobody watches any more?

That's bullshit to imply that this video is all sub par "style skating".  There's a good few NBDs in there, if that's what you care about.  What do you wanna watch?  The skating was great and the editing was great, but didn't overpower it.

If you're a member of San Digeo's Beautiful Mens Club, you are doing a disservice to their name talking this nonsense.

example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »
i haven't seen the original so i can't really compare ... two things though;

the Mortal Kombat "Toasty!" was incredible.

2. if only they used that footage of andy roy singing enya when 'sail away' came on

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:18 PM »
i haven't seen the original so i can't really compare ... two things though;

Expand Quote
the Mortal Kombat "Toasty!" was incredible.
[close]

2. if only they used that footage of andy roy singing enya when 'sail away' came on
i thought it was better understated that way. like the 'implied' kickflip over trash from jason dill's part, 'implied' andy roy is better than andy roy. i bet i could watch this 3 more times and pick up new barely liminal messages.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »
i thought it was better understated that way. like the 'implied' kickflip over trash from jason dill's part, 'implied' andy roy is better than andy roy. i bet i could watch this 3 more times and pick up new barely liminal messages.

hahaha, i guess you're right. as soon as i heard it all i could think about was andy roy
where did that video go? seems like it vanished off of the net ???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahaha, i guess you're right. as soon as i heard it all i could think about was andy roy
last time i saw it, there's a blog by a guy in sf who does a zine that tends to have a bunch of anti hero it's still up on there as of a few months ago but no idea how to look it up on youtube otherwise. i thought of him too, i think it's clever that way, try to catch all the references. just noticed at about the 16 minute mark the 'show me how you suck a cock' scene from 'bad lieutenant'. i don't know if that movie is part of collective skate culture but my friends here and i are so hyped on it. i think harvey keitel is the reason i'm a catholic.

foureyedjim

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 11:41:14 PM »
Expand Quote

360 flip at flushing wow

[close]

I've never been there, but that 360 flip seemed absurdly massive

bronze with another classic i will watch 100x

The photo was, I believe, in a 43 mag a few editions ago.  Good to see the footy finally come out!

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2015, 12:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

If you fucked with Bronze 56k, you wouldn't need titles to know who is who.

Musty_Berrings

• Rep: 17
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2015, 03:30:28 AM »
Ollie the SF library gap past the skate stoppers was insane.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2015, 05:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
last time i saw it, there's a blog by a guy in sf who does a zine that tends to have a bunch of anti heroit's still up on there as of a few months ago but no idea how to look it up on youtube otherwise. i thought of him too, i think it's clever that way, try to catch all the references. just noticed at about the 16 minute mark the 'show me how you suck a cock' scene from 'bad lieutenant'. i don't know if that movie is part of collective skate culture but my friends here and i are so hyped on it. i think harvey keitel is the reason i'm a catholic.
Is this the blog?
http://howdareyouzine.blogspot.com

shark tits

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »
yes suh! if you dig around through it you should find andy singing but not the earlier video of him trying to sock navarette.
[edit] by george i've got it!
http://howdareyouzine.blogspot.com/2012/02/andy-loves-enya.html
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:56:11 AM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2015, 07:34:26 AM »
That Dela line at 12:00 made me feel all tingly
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Expand Quote
not gonna watch vx footage in 16:9 ratio. fuck that
[close]

PUSSY BOI DONT WANT WAR