Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 94002 times)

Seadramon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #450 on: May 06, 2019, 11:25:46 PM »
I've been really trying to give the Keys a shot but they've been killing my feet - this is my third attempt to break them in.

I think my feet are just too wide for them  :-\

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #451 on: May 06, 2019, 11:26:47 PM »

somedudefromnj

« Reply #452 on: May 07, 2019, 01:09:46 PM »
I've been really trying to give the Keys a shot but they've been killing my feet - this is my third attempt to break them in.

I think my feet are just too wide for them  :-\

yeah i wanna fuck with STATE but they are not for the wide footed

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #453 on: May 08, 2019, 07:14:01 AM »
i have relatively wide feet to the point i had to full size up busenitz vulc rxs but i'd say states (atleast salems) are relatively tts and somewhat wide fitting.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #454 on: July 29, 2019, 07:21:13 AM »
Going to take advantage of the State shoes deals on rollersnakes, but wondered which you guys have found had the widest toe box. I don't need height, just room for my splayed out toes. SB Blazers and CONS are my shoe hell !

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #455 on: July 29, 2019, 10:59:39 AM »
I had a pair of mercers before, felt good for a week then felt like they blew out. hotdog in a hallway type situation

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #456 on: July 30, 2019, 05:29:29 AM »
Going to take advantage of the State shoes deals on rollersnakes, but wondered which you guys have found had the widest toe box. I don't need height, just room for my splayed out toes. SB Blazers and CONS are my shoe hell !

Go for the Salems if you can find them. They are pretty much a mix of a blazer and a one star in my opinion plus they are really durable!

crustynosepick

• Rep: -56
« Reply #457 on: July 30, 2019, 08:12:41 AM »
Allright so, I just finished skating the supra cuba, and loved the boardfeel/flick.I've been looking at the feltons for a while as they look extremely similair just hi top,and was wondering if anyone has any good info on the performance of them?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2019, 09:51:19 AM »

get the salems, i found the tkf salems to be slightly better than the regular salems

bigup rollersnakes

JK42

« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2019, 10:51:38 AM »
Was looking at the low tops rather than Hi. Emerica Wino G6s have been my favourite skate shoe so far. Was looking at the Albanys, Madison, Bishop or Elgins. Saw a couple of posts that said the Madisons were a bit long and narrow.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2019, 11:40:57 AM »
i've been wearing some bishops lately. i wanted to break them in and skate, but the outside right ankle is cut a little high and digs in. I thought it might flex a bit when broken in, but it's the structural part of the shoe where it's cut so i think it's as good as it's gonna get

JK42

« Reply #461 on: July 30, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
I had that with a pair of vans ultra range pros. Gave them away in the end. Probably give the bishops a miss them.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: July 31, 2019, 02:48:40 AM »
all i skated for ages was low tops and then i jumped onto the salem tkfs which i'd say are more of a mid as opposed to a hi and they felt pretty good, nowhere near as constricting as i thought and they skated great. for £25 on rs you cant go wrong

if it helps at all heres a comparison of a salem in height against nb 617, all court ck and a reynolds g6. obviously if you're set on lows then by all means go for it but i think the salems are a great shoe.

JK42

« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2019, 02:07:24 AM »
So after going to rollersnakes and trying on virtually every model of State shoe they had in store, I bought the Madisons. They definitely are a generous size 10.5. They felt perfect in store, but have now softened up to the point where they might be a bit loosey goosey to skate, so probably just keep them as chillers. They seem like the offsping of CONS Lopez and Vans Era Pro, but with a much nicer insole than either. In hindsight I think a size 10 might have been better for skating, as they would probably stretch out to the right size. I found the Keys and Albany too narrow for my foot, and just didn't get on with the Salems, which I really wanted to like because the TKF collab looks so good with the contrasting ollie patch. Other than that all shoes apart from the Madison were true to size. In the Madisons, I would suggest half a size down. Hope that's some useful insight.

mboy

• Rep: -25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #464 on: August 28, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »
So happy about the State - Bishop that I got a second pair!
Most comfortable shoe I have skated apart from Emerica - Scope and Es Koston #1.
The States are holding up so good, only the laces that gets a bit torn but a part from that no problem.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #465 on: September 09, 2019, 09:52:04 PM »
Bought a pair of Harlems and Bishops yesterday. They skate really nice. Wouldn't want to spend they day walking around on them though but I don't know of many skate shoes that would suffice for a day of strolling.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2019, 07:04:58 AM »
Salems just don't fit my strange feet, ankle hurts. Shame, only shoe company I'd be glad to support. :(

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2019, 07:20:04 AM »
same here. i got a pair of salems and it is the only shoe in 10.5 that does not fit at all. they are so long it even feels weird pushing. like flippers...

PMA

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #468 on: September 13, 2019, 07:48:00 AM »
I've had a pair of the Harlems in all black for a couple months. Kind of the opposite of what others have said, they are actually very comfortable to walk in all day. I just wear them to work. First pair of States I've had. Have to say the sole has more flex than I usually like, but the insole is fantastic.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #469 on: September 13, 2019, 08:11:42 AM »
Picked up a pair of Madisons when i bought new keys. I'm very pleased I decided to give them a try. They are definitely the roomiest state shoe I've tried. But nothing crazy
Bishops were a lil bit to pointy for my foot.
Salems were kinda short so opposite of above posters experience.
Keys are perfect for me once they are worn in a bit.

bighead

• Rep: 4
« Reply #470 on: September 13, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
I've tried most models and have to say that the albany is the best shoe by far. I go half a size down and swap out the insole because the shoes run slim in general - makes a bit more room for my fat foot. Lots of board feel and grip. Agree with the sentiments about not wearing these all day.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #471 on: September 13, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »
I've tried most models and have to say that the albany is the best shoe by far. I go half a size down and swap out the insole because the shoes run slim in general - makes a bit more room for my fat foot. Lots of board feel and grip. Agree with the sentiments about not wearing these all day.

I agree they all are slim at first but the differences in the uppers let's some models form to your easier.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #472 on: September 13, 2019, 09:13:49 PM »
I've had a pair of the Harlems in all black for a couple months. Kind of the opposite of what others have said, they are actually very comfortable to walk in all day. I just wear them to work. First pair of States I've had. Have to say the sole has more flex than I usually like, but the insole is fantastic.

My harlems felt like walking on a hard cover book. Only took one walk in them and popped a few kickflips though. I like the shoe though and will have my eye on State in the future. I'd like to try Salems next. I got the Bishops with the white toe cap too and they feel great but look a bit clowny on my foot I think.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
Anyone know what's going on with State? All the shops that stock them here in Australia have them on sale rediculously cheap.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #474 on: October 03, 2019, 01:52:00 AM »
Aren’t the only places to stock them Street machine? They brought them across as far as I know, it’s probably not going well because the kids who shop there just want Nike’s, hence selling off at stupid prices

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #475 on: October 03, 2019, 02:24:32 AM »
^ there's a store here in England I posted about in this thread that's had a shit ton of State's on sale at £25 for around a year now, I guess with them being a lesser known brand it's harder for them to sell.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #476 on: October 03, 2019, 02:39:51 AM »
Is that Rollersnakes? Because that’s basically the English version of Street Machine here in Australia and if so I’m really not surprised.

States really dope, team is great and the product looks good. It’s a shame that the international market just doesn’t care

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: October 03, 2019, 03:04:50 AM »
It was Rollersnakes but having looked up UK stores it seems all the ones who stock State also seem to have them on sale for £20-30. It's a shame indeed, the quality of the shoes is solid, team is sick and they have a good ethos. I think the problem lies in that with them being relatively unknown, if the average joe skater sees them at retail price they're unlikely to take a chance on them when they could get something tried and tested from a known brand. On the flipside, when they're on sale at a lower price they get clumped together with shit tier sale shoes like Airwalk and Globes.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #478 on: October 03, 2019, 04:34:38 AM »
I heard they don't have a distributor in Europe anymore, so shops have to order directly to State in US, which adds some costs.

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2019, 05:47:50 AM »
I heard they don't have a distributor in Europe anymore, so shops have to order directly to State in US, which adds some costs.

Yep, Shiner don't distribute them anymore