Author Topic: Knob buster busted?  (Read 4597 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -434
Knob buster busted?
« on: May 04, 2024, 11:40:52 PM »
Just noticed his insta is gone. No idea how long for but he seemed to be building a legit platform with his art, etc. Wiping it kinda suggests he may have gotten into trouble? Found a new appreciation for his work when Competer Progrannis listed the prices for knobbing.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
Re: Knob buster busted?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 04:44:51 AM »
He felt so emasculated seeing Moose bust knobs and cut kinks on YouTube for the world to see, he had no choice but to hang it up.

nollieboulala

• Rep: 6
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 10:57:21 AM »
a full digital catalog snitching on oneself isn't the smartest move

vtcurbs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 01:43:43 PM »
damn that sucks if true. as he said himself: "the only thing that would really stop me is some kind of criminal conviction"

https://youtu.be/mc_JBAVy-FU?si=aSwAtER45AY4ZuZQ&t=52

shredflanders

• Rep: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 01:46:13 PM »

Seemed to work out ok for Evan Hernandez… Oh wait…

vtcurbs

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 01:53:12 PM »
the moose thing and then the keen ramps guy getting busted were probably signs to hang it up ...

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 10:16:45 PM »
Oddly enough I was just wondering about this dude recently. Forgot to look up his insta. Wonder if anyone knows the real story. Maybe his IG got nuked or he deleted it for other reasons.

He felt so emasculated seeing Moose bust knobs and cut kinks on YouTube for the world to see, he had no choice but to hang it up.

This is why I love it here! Thanks.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -44
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2024, 10:53:45 PM »
Fucked if so but for sure one of the dumbest things you can do is insta your crimes. Self incrimination for the sake of clout isn't very core. If drill rap has taught me anything its that live tweeting the evidence is a slam dunk for prosecutors.

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2024, 12:39:15 AM »
Fucked if so but for sure one of the dumbest things you can do is insta your crimes. Self incrimination for the sake of clout isn't very core. If drill rap has taught me anything its that live tweeting the evidence is a slam dunk for prosecutors.
Lol truer words have never been typed.

djoekr

• Rep: 314
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2024, 12:45:29 AM »

"Do you see the perpetrator?" "Yeah, I'm right here."
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2024, 05:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+1

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2024, 07:51:51 AM »

[/quote]

gnarred

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2024, 10:13:06 AM »

Shtonk

• Rep: -434
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2024, 11:41:30 AM »
I asked about updates on how this guy was doing. But since so many of you felt compelled to voice your condescending opinions on his practice, I'll take the bait. How exactly is destroying property through the act of skateboarding any different than through the act of deknobbing? Sure there may be differences of degrees of vandalism or whatever, and it does sound gnarlier to take an angle grinder to a rail instead of a board. But, objectively, grinding a freshly poured and painted concrete structure or cracking a marble slab with your awkwardly popped crook attempt will probably result in higher monetary damage. The only difference is in how normalized one is vs the other. Same goes for graffiti or really ANY kind of subversive public/urban practice. Until it becomes established, everybody has a smart opinion on how stupid and self-incriminating the early practitioners are.

Where are all you grandpas when GX publishes an entire video full of "self-snitching", putting even their full names on an act that is highly illegalized in the city they're doing it in?

Why not paint Grafitti in the most undercover and under the radar places possible? Why, instead, do it in the most exposed ones and publish entire photo-books and leave a corroborating trail of identity through tagging? Bla bla etc etc.

Subversive acts are done to resonate with a public audience that needs reminding that there is NO valid reason why non-human corporations and "governments" should own 99% of the public spaces we move in and determine what is ok and not ok to be done in them.

I'm aware I may be putting a whole bunch of words in knob-buster's mouth but the fact that he did exhibitions indicates to me that he did in fact see himself as more than just a bro who wanted to score clout and brownie points with his favourite pros.

I think he should be honoured for certainly being more of a badass than any of us who feel entitled to an opinion on an activity that 99% would never have the balls  to partake in. Whats the word - "armchair experts"?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 05:01:24 AM by Shtonk »

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2024, 03:37:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DOOM was ahead of the curve.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

work_lurker

• Rep: 95
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2024, 05:26:17 PM »
the moose thing and then the keen ramps guy getting busted were probably signs to hang it up ...

From what I understand, the knob buster was actually one of these people..
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 09:22:11 PM »
I asked about updates on how this guy was doing. But since so many of you felt compelled to voice your condescending opinions on his practice, I'll take the bait. How exactly is destroying property through the act of skateboarding any different than through the act of deknobbing? Sure there may be differences of degrees of vandalism or whatever, and it does sound gnarlier to take an angle grinder to a rail instead of a rail. But, objectively, grinding a freshly poured and painted concrete structure or cracking a marble slab with your awkwardly popped crook attempt will probably result in higher monetary damage. The only difference is in how normalized one is vs the other. Same goes for graffiti or really ANY kind of subversive public/urban practice. Until it becomes established, everybody has a smart opinion on how stupid and self-incriminating the early practitioners are.

Where are all you grandpas when GX publishes an entire video full of "self-snitching", putting even their full names on an act that is highly illegalized in the city they're doing it in?

Why not paint Grafitti in the most undercover and under the radar places possible? Why, instead, do it in the most exposed ones and publish entire photo-books and leave a corroborating trail of identity through tagging? Bla bla etc etc.

Subversive acts are done to resonate with a public audience that needs reminding that there is NO valid reason why non-human corporations and "governments" should own 99% of the public spaces we move in and determine what is ok and not ok to be done in them.

I'm aware I may be putting a whole bunch of words in knob-buster's mouth but the fact that he did exhibitions indicates to me that he did in fact see himself as more than just a bro who wanted to score clout and brownie points with his favourite pros.

I think he should be honoured for certainly being more of a badass than any of us who feel entitled to an opinion on an activity that 99% would never have the balls  to partake in. Whats the word - "armchair experts"?

i ain't reading all of that. no one thinks taking the knobs of is bad. they think he's stupid for posting about it. you're the moron with your knickers in a twist trying to defend a practice everyone here is cool with.

while we're at it though, you're exactly the type of nimwit that thinks graffiti is cool and an anti authoritarian action. that shit is already wack as fuck, but knowing it stimulates people like you really drags it down even further.

stop writing personal essays on slap and go write grizzmob420 or some stupid bullshit on a park bench

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 12:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
I asked about updates on how this guy was doing. But since so many of you felt compelled to voice your condescending opinions on his practice, I'll take the bait. How exactly is destroying property through the act of skateboarding any different than through the act of deknobbing? Sure there may be differences of degrees of vandalism or whatever, and it does sound gnarlier to take an angle grinder to a rail instead of a rail. But, objectively, grinding a freshly poured and painted concrete structure or cracking a marble slab with your awkwardly popped crook attempt will probably result in higher monetary damage. The only difference is in how normalized one is vs the other. Same goes for graffiti or really ANY kind of subversive public/urban practice. Until it becomes established, everybody has a smart opinion on how stupid and self-incriminating the early practitioners are.

[close]

i ain't reading all of that. no one thinks taking the knobs of is bad. they think he's stupid for posting about it. you're the moron with your knickers in a twist trying to defend a practice everyone here is cool with.

while we're at it though, you're exactly the type of nimwit that thinks graffiti is cool and an anti authoritarian action. that shit is already wack as fuck, but knowing it stimulates people like you really drags it down even further.

stop writing personal essays on slap and go write grizzmob420 or some stupid bullshit on a park bench

i mean shtonk is an idiot but you don't think this is cool?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2024, 01:42:27 AM »
My city has the biggest European street art festival. Its amazing, like you can spend the whole day or more cycling or skating around looking at them. Who the fuck doesn't like this stuff? Here is just a few...

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2024, 02:13:05 AM »
europe has a pretty strong graffiti/street art scene in general. for me street art is fine if done well and creatively but i feel like a lot of this stuff is large format mediocrity, like you would never buy a print to hang on your wall. that dumbo piece you posted is a nice one though. near me there's this club/space that has a big ass graffiti wall, looks cool as hell although there are some toy ass pieces.

this is it but now i realized that there's 2 of them and the other one is a lot wider, but not as tall, hard to photograph as a whole so i couldn't find a photo of it. the one in the photo is more of a hall of fame thing, most of those guys are pretty big names locally, that other one is free for all i guess.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2024, 02:31:31 AM »
Isn't Tom K the Knob buster ?

vtcurbs

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024, 12:06:24 PM »
he's definitely A knob buster, but not THE knob buster. from the jenkem interview its pretty clearly not him lol

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 12:08:15 PM »
What happened to the keen ramps guy?

vtcurbs

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2024, 07:14:58 AM »

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2024, 08:10:16 AM »
We can all agree crimes for clout is one way to strike out.

Leave the phone at home, or power that thing down and put it in a faraday bag before you begin the journey. Watch out for those license plate readers and surveillance cameras.

There are a variety of crime reports related to skateboarding in BlueLeaks. One of them is a "wanted for questioning" poster with surveillance camera photos of skaters who had filled the gaps in a ledge with putty and then waxed it up. The ledge was a part of some new construction of a building near a residential area, which is likely why so much attention was paid to their activity. New spot = "The block is hot".