Author Topic: I totally understand the Cariuma hate  (Read 103956 times)

stabw0unds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Cariuma and why
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »
They just look like another shitty vans clone tbh

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »
They just look like another shitty vans clone tbh
I think they look way clunkier/bulky like first generation dekline

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 12:26:18 AM »

ogvados

• Rep: 5
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 02:04:14 AM »
First off I dont like the shoe how it looks and logo is awful. But it is very cool that more and more skate shoe alternatives are appearing on the market. New Pontus skate shoe co and these. Who knows. I would like to take a look at how small companies are competing to Nike, Adidas and other big shoe corporations

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:38 AM »
They look like knock off vans

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2020, 03:31:48 AM »
First off I dont like the shoe how it looks and logo is awful. But it is very cool that more and more skate shoe alternatives are appearing on the market. New Pontus skate shoe co and these. Who knows. I would like to take a look at how small companies are competing to Nike, Adidas and other big shoe corporations

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2020, 03:36:25 AM »
This brand is even lamer than nike/adidas. They’re just dumping money into social media and don’t have a team. Plus their shoes are god fucking awful

Ghost Face

• Rep: 111
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2020, 04:29:12 AM »
Someone post these awful things. I don't want to google them as I'll get all the ads from here till eternity across all soicals.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 06:52:04 AM »
They’ve got waay too much marketing budget. Don’t pull that sustainable bullshit while you are still producing leather shoes either, even Ben called them on that one. I love Mike V but even him wearing them makes me cringe. Defs trying to use skating as platform to bounce off of to gain some “traction” in the market. Regardless of all that though, they just look fucking horrible... I wouldn’t be caught dead in them!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 07:39:32 AM »

they not that bad, everyone got a vans rip-off in the line up.
I actually considered a pair back before the Berrics association.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2020, 08:34:10 AM »
Expand Quote
I like the ones with the lil rubber toe cap, but the ones with the design on the side I'm not feeling. This should be in the gear section regardless.

Get your shit together bro 8)
[close]

Sorry but I knew I’d get way more interesting responses from this section. Mods can move it if they want though. These shoes have the worst fuckin logo I’ve ever seen and dude who said ripoff adidas campus up there is on point.

Fair enough. Honestly, what even matters anymore haha? I was mostly just having fun with ya. No need to apologize.

Honestly, the logo on the side of those specific models is pretty terrible. Like I said I kinda liked the ones with the rubber toe cap, but as someone else alluded they are way overpriced. Once I saw how expensive they were I was the internal "hell nah" alarmed and I was immediately put off.
The chillest1

veritas

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
Borra is trying to become the Jeff Bezos of skateboarding so he can continue to pay his extraterrestrial overlords. He now has the Berries multimedia page and store, an atrocious board and shoe company designed to target mass audiences (like Braille), and now can now use his pre-existing media company to push these garbage products to the clueless masses.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 08:51:02 AM »
The styles are whatever to me but who I see rocking them is a bigger indicator of how douchey they are.

The not-Skategoat? Mickey Papa? Nick Tucker? Who is next, Greg Lutzka?
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 08:53:44 AM »
The styles are whatever to me but who I see rocking them is a bigger indicator of how douchey they are.

The not-Skategoat? Mickey Papa? Nick Tucker? Who is next, Greg Lutzka?
I could see pine skating in these Walmart shoes to Blink-182.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2020, 09:03:44 AM »
Shit is hella corny. Especially the people pushing them are just Instagram nerds. No reputable person and the fact skategoat is the main guy on the team should be telling. This shit is cornier than Nike/adidas etc. at least Nike has real skateboarders and not just internet celebs

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 09:52:02 AM »
If Braille Skateboarding ever does a review of these shoes, it's game over. With the Berrics connection already established, I wouldn't be surprised if Cariuma was dabbling in Scientology.

And for a company that prides itself on "Transparency" - https://cariuma.com/pages/about-us - it sure is difficult to find out where Cariuma shoes are manufactured. Go ahead and search through their website - you won't find any information, aside from the mailing address at the very bottom of their FAQ page - https://cariuma.com/pages/help. Funny - you'd think their address would be in Rio, Brazil based on the permanent banner on every web page reading "Rio, Brazil." And there's a couple of pictures of some very happy looking Asian people in the Factories section of their About Us page - https://cariuma.com/pages/about-us-sustainability - so maybe we're just supposed to assume?

You actually have to open up a chat to find out where the shoes are manufactured. So transparent! Let's see if they follow through with updating their About Us page.

Yet the Founder and CEO, David Python, is more than happy to shill for something called China Start - https://www.china-start.org/.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »
Been seeing the ads on insta as well. My feet hurt just looking at them. Wouldn't touch with a 30 ft pole.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »
If Braille Skateboarding ever does a review of these shoes, it's game over. With the Berrics connection already established, I wouldn't be surprised if Cariuma was dabbling in Scientology.

And for a company that prides itself on "Transparency" - https://cariuma.com/pages/about-us - it sure is difficult to find out where Cariuma shoes are manufactured. Go ahead and search through their website - you won't find any information, aside from the mailing address at the very bottom of their FAQ page - https://cariuma.com/pages/help. Funny - you'd think their address would be in Rio, Brazil based on the permanent banner on every web page reading "Rio, Brazil." And there's a couple of pictures of some very happy looking Asian people in the Factories section of their About Us page - https://cariuma.com/pages/about-us-sustainability - so maybe we're just supposed to assume?

You actually have to open up a chat to find out where the shoes are manufactured. So transparent! Let's see if they follow through with updating their About Us page.

Yet the Founder and CEO, David Python, is more than happy to shill for something called China Start - https://www.china-start.org/.

Damn, are you LPQ? Nice work.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2020, 10:24:53 AM »
Shit is hella corny. Especially the people pushing them are just Instagram nerds. No reputable person and the fact skategoat is the main guy on the team should be telling. This shit is cornier than Nike/adidas etc. at least Nike has real skateboarders and not just internet celebs

hey now, skategoat may be cheesy, but he's a real skateboarder

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
my homie is gonna be on the team and the shoes skate well and look alright in real life. 

still not a fan of the logo or the name but whatever

ThePeoplesChamp

• Rep: -14
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2020, 12:37:36 PM »
I heard they are paying their team riders pretty well and giving them a lot of say in the future shoes. Hopefully these youtube skaters know what kind of shoes they like.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2270
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2020, 12:56:48 PM »
Borra is trying to become the Jeff Bezos of skateboarding so he can continue to pay his extraterrestrial overlords. He now has the Berries multimedia page and store, an atrocious board and shoe company designed to target mass audiences (like Braille), and now can now use his pre-existing media company to push these garbage products to the clueless masses.

Someone in the industry actually told me this exact thing over 10 years ago. That Berra was basically trying to create his own little industry that he could push and promote through his own platform. Tried it with reputable brands like DC, then bought The Skateboard Mag and turned it into The Berrics Mag and now he's resorted to starting his own shitty board company and promoting these wack fucking shoes.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2020, 03:56:07 PM »
They’re popping up here in the wild.

Again: I can’t stand the logo or name

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like the ones with the lil rubber toe cap, but the ones with the design on the side I'm not feeling. This should be in the gear section regardless.

Get your shit together bro 8)
[close]

Sorry but I knew I’d get way more interesting responses from this section. Mods can move it if they want though. These shoes have the worst fuckin logo I’ve ever seen and dude who said ripoff adidas campus up there is on point.
[close]

Fair enough. Honestly, what even matters anymore haha? I was mostly just having fun with ya. No need to apologize.

Honestly, the logo on the side of those specific models is pretty terrible. Like I said I kinda liked the ones with the rubber toe cap, but as someone else alluded they are way overpriced. Once I saw how expensive they were I was the internal "hell nah" alarmed and I was immediately put off.

Haha it’s all good man I figured as much no worries. I still can’t believe Berra bought out TSM, I still have a few issues and they always had some cool shit going on. Nieratko and Carnie had the best fucking interviews.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • Free Max B
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »
John Hill does 100 kick flips on flat 4 different ways while beaming at his dad for 17 minutes in caricumas  with 6 ads in YouTube skateboarding 2020

Free max b
FREE MAX B

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2020, 06:05:39 PM »
John Hill does 100 kick flips on flat 4 different ways while beaming at his dad for 17 minutes in caricumas  with 6 ads in YouTube skateboarding 2020

Free max b

You watched this of your own free will?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Nicki

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2020, 07:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn, are you LPQ? Nice work.

+1. Great detective work, thanks for the info on these charlatans.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2020, 08:20:33 PM »
I can plant my own frickin tree.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:34 PM »
Looks like some weird shit BMXers would wear
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2020, 03:17:16 AM »
They even got Ben DeGros doing vids now.