Author Topic: Job Thread  (Read 497 times)

ClownOfTheDay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
Job Thread
« on: December 11, 2019, 06:20:06 AM »
Hello fellow slappers, sorry if this is already a thread and my choppy language, my head is all over the place from the flu, I recently just quit my job and looking to do a career switch, I was looking into carpentry thanks to Ben Degros. Does anyone have any good jobs they'd like to share? Or don't, tell me to focus, either one works.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
Re: Job Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »
OP of employment, confirmed.

But really, I got into carpentry about two years ago, one of the most gratifying jobs I’ve ever had.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
A friend of mine is a scenic carpenter, he works to make installations that you see often around holiday times or various installations for specific companies/brands. Union job though so he's not necessarily in charge of what projects he works on etc. It seems to be satisfying/fulfilling to him and its a good way to avoid the desk job grind as he's on his feet for most of the day.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 09:27:33 AM »
increase the unemployment rate imo
mArLeY

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 10:44:33 AM »
OP of employment, confirmed.

But really, I got into carpentry about two years ago, one of the most gratifying jobs I’ve ever had.
nice, yeah I was a nurse prior to now but I'm looking to switch it up. I found my interest with carpentry when Ben said that his carpentry channel was bigger. I looked into it and thought wow this looks pretty cool.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 10:49:04 AM »
But I'm gonna wait until the winter passes, it's really cold, so I don't think I'll be working much now... Not sure what to do at the moment. Guess just I'll have to wait to let the snow melt.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »
I work in corporate AV. I put in my time setting up bullshit/ being grunt labor and now work for a high-end tech company, essentially planning/delegating work and being a knowledge base when we work with vendors.

That shit is really easy to get into, starting at hotels. I did that 10 years ago, knew almost nothing about AV and they brought me on entry-level. If you live near a big city and want to take a stab at that, DM me and I'll walk you through the process.