Author Topic: Jack O’Grady  (Read 5971 times)

TerryWrist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Re: Jack O’Grady
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »
Not going to stay on pass port for much longer. Julien is probably sliding into his dms now

Why would anyone leave Pass Port for anything else? Pass Port is easily the coolest company in Skateboarding and has been for the last 6 or 7 years.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 12:04:23 AM »
pass-port are absolutely the best and always have been.

has been cool to watch him come up in australia. baby squish in 2015 from aussie vid 'treat yourself'

i always really liked the whole video. it came with slam mag and also features a jake hayes part to unchained melody.

very cool to see Jack on the cover and another australian dude getting to kill it worldwide.

that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2020, 12:27:11 AM »
I still can't get over that crook at full speed in his first line at Kitsch. Just the speed, how locked in it is, and how he pushes going down hill into it.
Soon as I saw that crook I knew it was going to be an amazing part. Such a sick line, the ground there looks awesome

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2020, 02:29:01 AM »
just watched kitsch in its entirety again last night
holy shit, man
jack o'grady is like jack o'grady on acid

the clip of him heelflipping the gap out into the street made me laugh out loud

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2020, 06:37:37 AM »
He does everything so quick. The way he runs into that last, steep 5050 in Kitsch is scary. Also gap to board slide felt a little heath kirchartesque. Daan level of skating.

Also people need to know that the Baca rail that he feebles angles up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:47:47 AM by HeapsCool »

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2020, 07:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve skated more passports in the last 4 years than any other board. Probably like 8 decks. They make the best graphics on the best boards with the best team to make the best video. They rule. They’re so sick with the most ripping skating and also they’re goofy as all hell so they rule. Jack o Grady is a beast and his part was literally one of the best parts ever. Matloks line after his part was insane. Either way stay safe my bro’s and sisters
[close]

From 2014 - 2018 I pretty much only rode Passport boards. They’re great. At first I thought only having brown stained top plies was cool and set them apart. Now the idea of looking down and seeing a brown top ply makes me ill. Too much of a good thing. Hopefully they start making different coloured top plies and then I can ride them again.

Hey Toadfish, Passport has a sick team but what they like in person, have you ever seen them skate?

I wish they would do a tour of the UK, so rare you have tours now.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not going to stay on pass port for much longer. Julien is probably sliding into his dms now
[close]
you seem to think that passport is just a stepping stone company. go watch kitsch + all their other content through the years. he'll stay on
[close]

I can see foreign brands being at the level American brands are and staying at the top, so much so that they stay in those brands.

Also, besides the point If you watch the Am Scramble interview he talks about how stoked he is riding for Passport because he grew up loving the company. Also he's Australian and all of those guys are his friends on the company. Why do Americans always assume that non-americas think America is the greatest and that to be successful you need to be on an American team. Maybe because thats how Americans think themselves. Those days are over.

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’ve skated more passports in the last 4 years than any other board. Probably like 8 decks. They make the best graphics on the best boards with the best team to make the best video. They rule. They’re so sick with the most ripping skating and also they’re goofy as all hell so they rule. Jack o Grady is a beast and his part was literally one of the best parts ever. Matloks line after his part was insane. Either way stay safe my bro’s and sisters
[close]

From 2014 - 2018 I pretty much only rode Passport boards. They’re great. At first I thought only having brown stained top plies was cool and set them apart. Now the idea of looking down and seeing a brown top ply makes me ill. Too much of a good thing. Hopefully they start making different coloured top plies and then I can ride them again.
[close]

Hey Toadfish, Passport has a sick team but what they like in person, have you ever seen them skate?

Haha why would they be different in person than in a video? If you skate around Sydney/Melbourne you will regularly see them skating.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was nodding along in agreement reading each sentence of this post, haha.

To be honest I don't fully remember writing this even though it was just yesterday, but I feel like we always agree when it comes to stuff on here.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I was nodding along in agreement reading each sentence of this post, haha.
[close]

To be honest I don't fully remember writing this even though it was just yesterday, but I feel like we always agree when it comes to stuff on here.

Well that’s because you have excellent taste.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »
I saw Jack O'Grady front 3 a 9 stair in King's Cross when I visited OZ. Just happened to be walking by and saw a few dudes skating. Dane Burman was also spectating. It's funny that someone can do a single trick and make an impression. I didn't know his name or who he skated for but I knew I would. Stoked to see more and more coverage in the last couple years.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
cool Australian company or not, eventually bills gotta get paid. His loyalty is fine but if the likes of REAL or Primitive offered him a spot you think he'd stay local? (not saying he would suit those particular companies, just an example). Australia doesn't have the consumer scale that US has, which is great for getting noticed but not so great for your retirement fund.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
cool Australian company or not, eventually bills gotta get paid. His loyalty is fine but if the likes of REAL or Primitive offered him a spot you think he'd stay local? (not saying he would suit those particular companies, just an example). Australia doesn't have the consumer scale that US has, which is great for getting noticed but not so great for your retirement fund.

I’m fairly certain passports sell very well. I remember hearing they’re the best selling in Australian shops, combine that with international sales I’m going to assume they’re doing fine

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’ve never seen them skate in person. Australia is a big place. But I’m sure they’re nice.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
Pretty sure Pass-Port is also in Europe considering they also sponsor Matlock and they have NA distribution.

I mean, the UK is a smaller market than the USA, but do you think anyone is leaving Palace for any USA brand? I don't think anyone has a retirement fund now based on their board-sponsor. Getting fully on NikeSB is all that matters financially, and I doubt they care who he rides for if he's putting out footage like this.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2020, 04:33:33 PM »

What bills? He lives with his parents. Also why would he skate for REAL or Primitive? Who does he skate with on that team anyway? People are rarely going from board sponsor to board sponsor and even if they are it's not really for the 'money'.

Jack is only getting started. He isn't thinking about life after skateboarding at the age of 20.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2020, 05:54:54 PM »

I don't know if Passport make enough to pay really good money to their riders but as a company they are doing really well. They have their own shop in Sydney and I see lots of people wearing Passport merch that presumably don't skate.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What bills? He lives with his parents. Also why would he skate for REAL or Primitive? Who does he skate with on that team anyway? People are rarely going from board sponsor to board sponsor and even if they are it's not really for the 'money'.

Jack is only getting started. He isn't thinking about life after skateboarding at the age of 20.

im sure Shane o Neill, dane Burman, dustin dollin, Jake Hayes, and Tommy fynn were all thinking the same thing when they were on the come up.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
I saw Jack O'Grady front 3 a 9 stair in King's Cross when I visited OZ. Just happened to be walking by and saw a few dudes skating. Dane Burman was also spectating. It's funny that someone can do a single trick and make an impression. I didn't know his name or who he skated for but I knew I would. Stoked to see more and more coverage in the last couple years.

Haven't some people been made pro off stuff like this or been added to a team? Skateboarding is wild.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

im sure Shane o Neill, dane Burman, dustin dollin, Jake Hayes, and Tommy fynn were all thinking the same thing when they were on the come up.
Except until Pass-Port, I can't think of an Australian board brand that had a following like Pass-Port.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't some people been made pro off stuff like this or been added to a team? Skateboarding is wild.

Didn’t Prod say that he started hooking up Robert Neal immediately after he randomly saw him doing a flatground fakie flip?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 07:52:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know if Passport make enough to pay really good money to their riders but as a company they are doing really well. They have their own shop in Sydney and I see lots of people wearing Passport merch that presumably don't skate.
[/b]

Passport is definitely selling well and the guys on the team have to be getting paid decently. Every second 20-year old I see at uni is wearing a passport t-shirt.

Skimper

• Rep: -64
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »
I could see him on Krooked
Shalom