Author Topic: MOB clear NEW?!  (Read 2366 times)

UPPERCASEnocap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
MOB clear NEW?!
« on: November 10, 2019, 10:20:45 AM »
Anybody had a chance to skate the new clear MOB or even noticed they changed it? I hated that thick ass grit clear grip that lost all its grit. Haven't set it up yet as there is snow on the ground as of this morning but it looks and feels soo much better than that old shit.

Haven't seen it brought up and thought I'd start the convo!

Ya'll gonna give the clear another shot?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: MOB clear NEW?!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 11:29:14 AM »
No I haven't heard?! And no I probably won't buy any clear grip?! But I hope those of you that actually do cool shit with it really like it?! Shalom?!

UPPERCASEnocap

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 11:34:22 AM »
I'm not a huge clear guy myself. But when I saw that they changed it to be very similar to black mob and decided to grip some up just to try it out! It'll probably trip me out too much to constantly skate it but I've got a few extra decks that can be used for testing purposes!

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:39:33 AM »
They had the audacity to sell the old stuff which was 100% useless; therefore, I'll stick with Jessup Clear 4 Lyfe. I mean on the rare occasion I use any clear but yeah.

UPPERCASEnocap

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
They had the audacity to sell the old stuff which was 100% useless; therefore, I'll stick with Jessup Clear 4 Lyfe. I mean on the rare occasion I use any clear but yeah.

True. I worked at a shop and legit would not sell the old shit, someone wanting to buy it would have to force me to sell it.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 08:48:43 PM »
Did they update it again?  If not then I'd avoid it, I heard it still isn't that great.  I skated colored grip when I was like 9-12 years old and found Jessup to be the best.  I like how grippy black MOB is, that's what I skate now, but even as a kid I realized all colored grip has similar grip to Jessup.  Might as well go with the thinnest and cheapest grip at that point.

If Jessup ULTRAGRIP sells well I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with clear and colored variations of it.  If you want proper clear grip then I would recommend praying for the Skate God(s) to make that happen.  It doesn't seem to be selling all that well though... people seem to prefer MOB still.  I'm gonna give it a go on my next deck to see for myself.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
I do the last inch or so of my tail in clear grip. The new stuff is much better and closer to regular black mob. Finer grit and more of it.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 05:10:56 AM »
Did they update it again?  If not then I'd avoid it, I heard it still isn't that great.  I skated colored grip when I was like 9-12 years old and found Jessup to be the best.  I like how grippy black MOB is, that's what I skate now, but even as a kid I realized all colored grip has similar grip to Jessup.  Might as well go with the thinnest and cheapest grip at that point.

If Jessup ULTRAGRIP sells well I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with clear and colored variations of it.  If you want proper clear grip then I would recommend praying for the Skate God(s) to make that happen.  It doesn't seem to be selling all that well though... people seem to prefer MOB still.  I'm gonna give it a go on my next deck to see for myself.
I like my Ultragrip better than normal jessup or MOB. It feels like how MOB feels after 3 or 4 sessions and stays like that a long time.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3342
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »
I put clear grip on my first "real" skateboard, a JFA and I got it in probably 1984 or 1985, I think. Even at the age of 11 it only took me about 3 days to realize that it was a horrible mistake and I never did it again.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:37 AM »
I put clear grip on my first "real" skateboard, a JFA and I got it in probably 1984 or 1985, I think. Even at the age of 11 it only took me about 3 days to realize that it was a horrible mistake and I never did it again.

JFA the band? That’s pretty sweet. JFA is tight

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
Was there ever a big clear sheet, like a sticker, that you could put onto the bottom of your board to make it a slick? Am I just imagining shit?

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 01:35:00 PM »
yeah, z-roller z-slicks or some shit, there were a couple of different iterations.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3342
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

JFA the band? That’s pretty sweet. JFA is tight

Yeah it's funny because I've never once listened to JFA. I bought it because I liked the pink paisleys and the shape of the board. Neon green dip. Pink Gullwings. Green Slimeballs. I wish I had put it together and put it in cold storage.