Author Topic: KB big mad  (Read 35064 times)

WavyDavy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 128
Re: KB big mad
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2021, 10:01:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well at least we agree on the animal right front!
Real confession: I have never once listened to Morrisey
[close]

I’ve never listened to him or really even the smiths, could give a fuck about that music, and I don’t see what the fuss is about these quotes. At worst he has a mild case of xenophobia.
[close]

Big Moz and The Smiths fan over here...Morrissey has had terrible political views since the early 1980's, nothing new here.

It also doesn't mean I won't listen to his wonderful voice...Frank Sinatra wasn't the best guy and I still blast his music. Pablo Picasso was an incredible artist... but tell that to one his wives or multiple girlfriend's that he used to put cigarettes out on.

The point is, I like plenty of artists that I don't support financially. Case in point--Kayne West. I'm Kayne fan even though his political views are unsound and acerbic. Does that mean I'll stop listening to him on Spotify.... NO it doesn't. But I won't pay for his clothes or see him in concert.

Download their stuff illegally instead of supporting them on Spotify. They still get money

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2021, 11:09:34 PM »
I wonder if he’s mad enough to put out any kind of footage that shows he rides skateboards. Even Nakkel did that during 2021!

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2021, 11:23:51 PM »
I wonder if he’s mad enough to put out any kind of footage that shows he rides skateboards. Even Nakkel did that during 2021!
keep seeing some youtube clip of him doing a flatground kickflip so at least theres that...
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -292
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2021, 12:08:17 AM »
KB big sad

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2021, 06:55:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve never listened to him or really even the smiths, could give a fuck about that music, and I don’t see what the fuss is about these quotes. At worst he has a mild case of xenophobia.
[close]

Big Moz and The Smiths fan over here...Morrissey has had terrible political views since the early 1980's, nothing new here.

It also doesn't mean I won't listen to his wonderful voice...Frank Sinatra wasn't the best guy and I still blast his music. Pablo Picasso was an incredible artist... but tell that to one his wives or multiple girlfriend's that he used to put cigarettes out on.

The point is, I like plenty of artists that I don't support financially. Case in point--Kayne West. I'm Kayne fan even though his political views are unsound and acerbic. Does that mean I'll stop listening to him on Spotify.... NO it doesn't. But I won't pay for his clothes or see him in concert.
[close]

Download their stuff illegally instead of supporting them on Spotify. They still get money

The thing with Morrissey is that 75% of his quotes also gets pulled completely out of context most of the time.
It's more gossip than anything else and the haters already have their opinion ready without ever diving into what he really said.

Sure he can be a complete and pompous ASSHOLE, but in my opinion he's not all bad news.
I'm actually pretty sure he has some form of aspergers where he is genious on one end, and just says what he thinks without hesitation or empathy on the other (except for animals).

He did a lot of cool things as well:
- Wore pro black panthers shirts on stage in front of thousands of people (before and after his "Britain pin" debacle)
- Wore FUCK TRUMP shirts in public and on stage
- Donated a shit ton of money to schools in black neighbourhoods
- Donated a lot of money to children's hospitals
- Played pro-black speeches by James Baldwin
- Collaborated with famous black rappers
- Collaborated with Mexican and Black singers
- The dude's bandmembers are almost all latino.

Those doesn't sound like things a racist would do right?
It doesn't even make any sense?

I'm 100% sure he can be a giant asshole but I don't believe he's racist ...

This quote was from him when He donated 100.000 pounds to "love music, hate racism":
"This is a historic event, spreading an important, anti-racist, message so it must be allowed to go ahead. This is something I am committed to and we appreciate everyone coming together so quickly to make it happen."

But journalists headline stuff like this:

*breaking*
"MORRISSEY WANTS YOUR PARENTS TO DIE!!!!!!"

when in reality he said this

"Thank you. I wish you the best and I want your parents to die of old age. Happy ... and with a fulfilled life"

My point is, I'm 1000000% sure that Morrissey is a divo and a major asshole. But he also did some pretty damn cool things in his life.

There are musicians that said/did WAY worse stuff ... but they're so "popular" they seem untouchable. Elvis for instance was a major dirtbag that shit his pants on stage and fucked 14 year olds ...

WavyDavy

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2021, 07:01:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The thing with Morrissey is that 75% of his quotes also gets pulled completely out of context most of the time.
It's more gossip than anything else and the haters already have their opinion ready without ever diving into what he really said.

Sure he can be a complete and pompous ASSHOLE, but in my opinion he's not all bad news.
I'm actually pretty sure he has some form of aspergers where he is genious on one end, and just says what he thinks without hesitation or empathy on the other (except for animals).

He did a lot of cool things as well:
- Wore pro black panthers shirts on stage in front of thousands of people (before and after his "Britain pin" debacle)
- Wore FUCK TRUMP shirts in public and on stage
- Donated a shit ton of money to schools in black neighbourhoods
- Donated a lot of money to children's hospitals
- Played pro-black speeches by James Baldwin
- Collaborated with famous black rappers
- Collaborated with Mexican and Black singers
- The dude's bandmembers are almost all latino.

Those doesn't sound like things a racist would do right?
It doesn't even make any sense?

I'm 100% sure he can be a giant asshole but I don't believe he's racist ...

This quote was from him when He donated 100.000 pounds to "love music, hate racism":
"This is a historic event, spreading an important, anti-racist, message so it must be allowed to go ahead. This is something I am committed to and we appreciate everyone coming together so quickly to make it happen."

But journalists headline stuff like this:

*breaking*
"MORRISSEY WANTS YOUR PARENTS TO DIE!!!!!!"

when in reality he said this

"Thank you. I wish you the best and I want your parents to die of old age. Happy ... and with a fulfilled life"

My point is, I'm 1000000% sure that Morrissey is a divo and a major asshole. But he also did some pretty damn cool things in his life.

There are musicians that said/did WAY worse stuff ... but they're so "popular" they seem untouchable. Elvis for instance was a major dirtbag that shit his pants on stage and fucked 14 year olds ...

Honestly I don't care about morissey and of course there are worse musicians. In history. Fuck Bowie, Iggy pop, led Zeppelin, motley crew.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2021, 08:02:47 AM »
I love Morrissey but he's pro White Nationalist and I can't get jiggy with that shit. With that being said I've seen him live twice and I love his music.

somefucker

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2021, 08:15:03 AM »
I love Morrissey but he's pro White Nationalist and I can't get jiggy with that shit. With that being said I've seen him live twice and I love his music.

oh so you're not racist, you're just racist

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2021, 08:24:46 AM »

so you didn't read any of Wavy Davy's comment about all the proof that he's not racist? cant get jiggy with nuance or critical thought i guess

HiResDes

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so you didn't read any of Wavy Davy's comment about all the proof that he's not racist? cant get jiggy with nuance or critical thought i guess

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-10-24/morrissey-anti-immigrant-white-nationalist-hollywood-bowl

You don't know that white nationalism is do you, it's a political movement

skunty

« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-10-24/morrissey-anti-immigrant-white-nationalist-hollywood-bowl

You didn’t read Wavy Davy’s comment did you? Supposed white nationalist Morrisey repped Fuck Trump gear on stage, played James Baldwin speeches at his show, donated a massive sum to an anti-racism non profit, you know typical white nationalist stuff.

HiResDes

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2021, 10:39:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You didn’t read Wavy Davy’s comment did you? Supposed white nationalist Morrisey repped Fuck Trump gear on stage, played James Baldwin speeches at his show, donated a massive sum to an anti-racism non profit, you know typical white nationalist stuff.

You didn't read the article by the LA Times did you, as if Wavy Davy's statement has more clout than a journalist with direct quotes and references LOL. WAVY Davy vs The La Times, hmmm who seems more reliable

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
hahahaha, just revisted this thread, funny to see that it is now (more or a less) a discussion about morrisey???

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »
Even Trump gave some pennies out to "the blacks".    Both him an Moz know the tax code very well.

Back to KB though.  Great skater.   Dumb commentator on the status of well....anything.

I still back KB for using his jedi powers on Paul Blart.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2021, 11:11:27 AM »
how does KB feel about morrisey though

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

skunty

« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2021, 07:14:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You didn't read the article by the LA Times did you, as if Wavy Davy's statement has more clout than a journalist with direct quotes and references LOL. WAVY Davy vs The La Times, hmmm who seems more reliable

I read the quotes and I'll stick with my initial assessment that he has a mild case of xenophobia that gets spun into a narrative about how he is a white nationalist icon. Like this article slyly implies that he's racist for criticizing Sadiq Khan's accent - but his accent isn't middle eastern it's working class English. It's not too different from people making fun of GWB's accent, which no one was upset about. The article quotes his former back up singer as saying he's like a British Trumpist, when he openly opposed Trump. Journalist definitely is telling the whole story, not working a narrative. Even when he does have some bad quotes they're not particularly flagrant - if those ruffles your feathers you wouldn't last very long in a crowd of regular every day working people. IMO flipping out on things like this is basically the opposite equivalent of people who cry about "libtards" any time something seems vaguely compassionate.

and yeah Wavy Davy vs the LA times in a reliability contest is not the blow out in favor of LA times you think it is. you're supposed to read critically and think for yourself. I mean shit it's even an opinion piece not even like journalistic reporting.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2021, 07:51:01 AM »
Morrissey is racist and the Smiths love him

LebowskisRug

« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2021, 08:03:01 AM »
KB put out his answer to Suciu’s SOTY run in the form of 2-3 single sloppy clips in the new Gronze video.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »
how does KB feel about morrisey though

I’m gonna ask him
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2021, 09:46:22 AM »
KB put out his answer to Suciu’s SOTY run in the form of 2-3 single sloppy clips in the new Gronze video.

Sad days when we have to consider a olie axel stall a trick

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
Suciu vs. Morrissey in a game of S.K.A.T.E, but instead of skating, they just take turns critiquing a bunch of old books.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »
Sucui would go skate tonight, but for his style, KB doesn't caaa ha hare.

Cmon KB, Mark is human and he needs to be loved, just like everybody else does

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2021, 11:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
KB vs. Suciu BATB 2022 PPV
[close]

I’d watch that game of skate  , best of 3 for $10,000 . Must see tv . The shit talk would be amazing .
[close]

I high key think Suciu would have a breakdown from kb and his posse shit talk, like sure you have thick skin as a skater, but getting shit talked by stoners can get ugly
I’m sure he’s mature enough to know sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2021, 12:48:59 PM »
Until he bludgeons KB with a first edition hardcover, that is.

WavyDavy

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2021, 01:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I read the quotes and I'll stick with my initial assessment that he has a mild case of xenophobia that gets spun into a narrative about how he is a white nationalist icon. Like this article slyly implies that he's racist for criticizing Sadiq Khan's accent - but his accent isn't middle eastern it's working class English. It's not too different from people making fun of GWB's accent, which no one was upset about. The article quotes his former back up singer as saying he's like a British Trumpist, when he openly opposed Trump. Journalist definitely is telling the whole story, not working a narrative. Even when he does have some bad quotes they're not particularly flagrant - if those ruffles your feathers you wouldn't last very long in a crowd of regular every day working people. IMO flipping out on things like this is basically the opposite equivalent of people who cry about "libtards" any time something seems vaguely compassionate.

and yeah Wavy Davy vs the LA times in a reliability contest is not the blow out in favor of LA times you think it is. you're supposed to read critically and think for yourself. I mean shit it's even an opinion piece not even like journalistic reporting.

Huh? I haven't said anything about Morrissey and  racism?
I just said that you can pirate music if you don't want to support an artist financially

So is Morrissey a racist or nationalist?

skunty

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Huh? I haven't said anything about Morrissey and  racism?
I just said that you can pirate music if you don't want to support an artist financially

So is Morrissey a racist or nationalist?

whoops I kept referring to WavyDavy's comment but it was actually DistantRumours comment that I was meaning to refer to... I was looking at a quote reply and looked at the wrong layer's author... i should have just quote replied it instead of referring to it, but its such a long comment I didn't wanna do that. sorry I'm somewhat of a boomer at times and fuck up when trying to internet

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2021, 01:53:40 PM »
Morrissey is racist and the Smiths love him

They absolutely do not!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

conqueso

« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2021, 01:57:51 PM »
kb would not fuck with morrisey

#teamkb

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
#teamrobertsmith

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »
KB is the only person Morrissey has had sex with, which complicates matters greatly for everyone involved.

Always good to steer clear of politics.