Author Topic: You Thought They Would Be Bigger  (Read 6723 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: You Thought They Would Be Bigger
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2021, 11:27:52 AM »
I would've thought Tyler Bledsoe, early on, could've been on track to blow up like Sean Malto or (insert big name Pro).
Wonder what happened to him, very talented on a board.

He’s still around, had some high level stuff in the recent Quasi vid. His problem is he doesn’t do social media enough like most pros but also doesn’t avoid it enough to make it apart of his image like how Jake Johnson does.

His tattoo art on the other hand....that’s a dark wormhole to go down

Edit: I just checked his Instagram. He posts way more than I remembered, and he is improving his tattoo skills. So I’ll just keep this up to remind everyone how much of an idiot I am.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:39:47 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2021, 11:28:52 AM »
I would've thought Tyler Bledsoe, early on, could've been on track to blow up like Sean Malto or (insert big name Pro).
Wonder what happened to him, very talented on a board.

He still skates really well, he has some stuff in the new Quasi vid that came out recently if you haven't seen that yet.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2021, 12:08:59 PM »

Anyone remembers the billups brothers that were flow for crail for a couple of years?  Wonder what happened to them

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1486
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2021, 12:24:29 PM »
Javier Nunez and Gino Perez.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2021, 12:33:58 PM »
Abdias Rivera
Holy shit for real, he was one of the first dudes to get hooked up with the Emerica sponsor me thing they had on their website. Reaaaally like his Cataclysmic Abyss part. I follow him on ig and he's a fireman now and still skates.

Also, Mark Suciu is pretty tall atleast 6 feet, he seems shorter in footage. Mike Arnold is pretty tall too.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2021, 12:38:20 PM »
The answer for every skater from the east is California picnic tables.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2021, 12:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

whole team is short lol...

skaters in general are shorter dudes for sure, tall skaters would be a much shorter list.
[close]

i think its just the forced perspective of the image with the taller dudes in the back and shorter ones in front.

Judging by the size of his head, I am 99% sure they photoshopped Adrian Lopez to be taller in this picture.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2021, 01:04:37 PM »
Tosh
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2021, 01:15:34 PM »
Cairo Foster was taller than I thought he would be, also looked quite young still

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2021, 05:31:24 PM »
Every am Rob Welsh picked for Expedition when he took over and gave it the outdoor man image...

Frankie Heck, Dylan Witkin, the Brunner twins.

Heightwise:

Ethan Fowler
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2021, 07:04:52 PM »
In a just world, this would get a thrasher cover:

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2021, 10:13:24 PM »
I always thought Anthony Mosley would end up on the same level as P-ROD. he seemed like he was getting bigger and bigger, then he just fell off.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2021, 10:57:12 PM »
Most pros are shorter then 6ft. Average height is probably about 5,10 for a pro skater. I always wonder if foot size plays into ability.
Brian Anderson taught me how to tre flip and his secret was it’s all in his back big toe. He has some big ass feet so I’m sure it really is just a matter of flicking his big toe but for me I’m using all my toes and I still can’t do that trick.

So he actually didn't teach you how to Tre flip then?

GMB

• Rep: 8
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2021, 12:08:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dylan. Seems so lanky on video but he was quite short irl. Definitely not 6 foot 1 as wiki has it (just checked). 5 11 at most I'd say. Made the stuff he did that much more impressive. Austyn as well.
[close]

5 foot 11 is short? are you Dutch or something?
[close]

Haha, nailed it. I just meant quite short compared to what I expected. Must have been the slim fits and giant pop. He was about my height which is indeed below average in this part of the world.
[close]

5.11 seems about right. I saw Dylan in person once and I was super impressed at how powerful he was even though he looked so skinny. He skated a super steep and Rough Bank and backslid it with no wax every try while filming a line. I had skated that spot for years and I didn‘t even think that trick was possible even with a lot of wax.

5.11 is the average height of males in Germany. It is above average for German skaters, though.

Skaters heights is my favorite topic. I thought Heath would be much bigger. He was about 5.8

The same with Jon Dixon. He‘s even shorter, about 5.6 He was really buff though. He looked like a professional gymnist or Olympic Redford or something.
[close]

Always wondered kircharts height, thought he was taller. Where did you see that info? Or you saw him in person? Im about 6 07 (1,85m) imagined he was around it haha
[close]

I saw him at the same Emerica Demo where I saw Jon Dixon. I always thought Heath was my height too. I am about 6 foot tall. Figgy was at the same demo. He is actually a really big guy. I‘d say 6.4 at least.

Thanks!

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2021, 02:45:11 AM »
Everybody thinks they're taller than they are and they always think other people are extremely tall or extremely short, there's no in between

One of my friend is like 1m65 and thinks I’m 2 meters tall lol. I’m 1m84. The worst part is he lied for his identity card and passport so it reads 1m80 on it. Meanwhile I’ve had the same passport for like 6 years since I was 14 and it says I’m 1m78. We always tease him for it but it’s in good spirits everyone has their insecurities I guess.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2021, 07:11:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Everybody thinks they're taller than they are and they always think other people are extremely tall or extremely short, there's no in between
[close]

One of my friend is like 1m65 and thinks I’m 2 meters tall lol. I’m 1m84. The worst part is he lied for his identity card and passport so it reads 1m80 on it. Meanwhile I’ve had the same passport for like 6 years since I was 14 and it says I’m 1m78. We always tease him for it but it’s in good spirits everyone has their insecurities I guess.

Doctor said im literally just a hair under 5'9" which is hilarious because if I say that, the classic short man exaggerates height memes begin. I always just say 5'8" lololol
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2021, 07:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Doctor said im literally just a hair under 5'9" which is hilarious because if I say that, the classic short man exaggerates height memes begin. I always just say 5'8" lololol

Yeah height discussion is a circus, and honestly 5’8 isn’t even that short. I honestly think the average height is much shorter than what is advertised because people lie constantly on these nation wide polls but the worst has to be Hollywood stars pages where fans add like 5 inches for no reason. Idk man, shits weird.