Author Topic: Advice/opinions on damaging property while skating...  (Read 2019 times)

Yesterdays-pop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -388
Advice/opinions on damaging property while skating...
« on: May 11, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
So I was just skating a private multi level parking garage and my board flew out and landed on the hood of a car on the level below. The damage is pretty significant and it’s a pretty nice newer Lexus.
What should I do? I’m also pretty poor at the moment, probably on some surveillance camera, it’s also like right on the front of the hood near the bumper and it’s possible they wouldn’t notice when they get into their car because the lighting is very dim in this particular area of the garage.
What should I do?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
Re: Advice/opinions on damaging property while skating...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:59:47 PM »
Show up with a video camera, some lights and a couple of friends and scream "YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D!"

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »
You’re fucked bro

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 09:10:15 PM »
That's a dilly of a pickle. Might have to pack up your things, kiss your dad or gimp goodbye, and haul ass to Tijuana to play RC cars with Smolik.

CUE THE MUSIC:

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 09:10:38 PM »
So I was just skating a private multi level parking garage and my board flew out and landed on the hood of a car on the level below. The damage is pretty significant and it’s a pretty nice newer Lexus.
What should I do? I’m also pretty poor at the moment, probably on some surveillance camera, it’s also like right on the front of the hood near the bumper and it’s possible they wouldn’t notice when they get into their car because the lighting is very dim in this particular area of the garage.
What should I do?

that repair is thousands of dollars. your best hope here is fess up and hope thye're cool w/ a low deductible.

or bail it and don't go back to that garage ever.

conqueso

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »
whatever you do don't go on the internet and snitch on yourself

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
In all seriousness, don’t talk about it for two weeks, pray no snitch ass saw it & it’s probably fine. I’ve done & still do stupid shit, police don’t bother much anymore with petty crimes. Unless you parked your car and they get your plates in the garage in which case you’re fucked and also an idiot that hasn’t committed very many crimes.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »
Are you still at the spot asking Slap?

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -449
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »
get over it bro.  just bcuz they got you on camera dont mean they know you and will catch you.  shit happens, let them deal with it.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 09:24:06 PM »
Next time pop that fakie big spin and your board won’t slip out

Yesterdays-pop

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 09:39:29 PM »

Yes
I also park my car there(pay for a spot monthly and use my key fob for entry at an area where I believe there are no cameras) but I didn’t go to my car today. I think the camera is only at the front gate. I’ve been skating and parking my car there for years and have over 100ft of 12” ledge throughout the garage rub bricked, clear coated. I can hear when the garage opens or side door opens so nobody has ever seen me skate there cuz I just stop skating(hide my board) and look at my phone like a normal person. Usually only there on weeknights between midnight and 3am. I’m also probably the only one under 50 that parks there.

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
I also park my car there(pay for a spot monthly and use my key fob for entry at an area where I believe there are no cameras) but I didn’t go to my car today. I think the camera is only at the front gate. I’ve been skating and parking my car there for years and have over 100ft of 12” ledge throughout the garage rub bricked, clear coated. I can hear when the garage opens or side door opens so nobody has ever seen me skate there cuz I just stop skating(hide my board) and look at my phone like a normal person. Usually only there on weeknights between midnight and 3am. I’m also probably the only one under 50 that parks there.

Get out of there and into your apartment and don't skate there for a while. Do not go back to the crime scene, you'll get caught.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 09:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes

You’re posting on slap while at a spot...?

Who’s fucking mans is this?

the_sandlot

• Rep: 6
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 09:53:22 PM »
karma's gone get you if you run, but your wallets gonna be empty for a minute if you speak.

shouldn't shit where u eat bruh.

Yesterdays-pop

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 09:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes
[close]

Get out of there and into your apartment and don't skate there for a while. Do not go back to the crime scene, you'll get caught.

Thanks, done. Hoping it’s an old rich person who never drives it and that they go park somewhere else before they notice it or go to grocery store/home depot and think it’s from a shopping cart or something.

Yesterdays-pop

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 10:07:55 PM »
Really tempted to find some road kill or dead bird and jam it all up in their grill but I’m gonna stay away. Don’t need to go there and my friend has borrowed my car the past few times it’s been used. I could also probably make some money if I sublet the spot since I have a steal of a deal or just get rid of my parking space, park on the street since the only real reason I still keep the space is so I can skate there. I remember hearing that the garage camera only keeps footage for 24hrs when I first got it a few years ago, could be updated now tho.

poop22

• Rep: -2
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 10:16:57 PM »
My car was nailed while parked on the street and I had to file a claim. I asked my insurance agent if I should file a police report and they pretty much told me I could but it won’t matter. Cops don’t follow up on that shit it’s just paper work to them. Just stay away from there for awhile and you will be fine.

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 10:21:50 PM »
Really tempted to find some road kill or dead bird and jam it all up in their grill but I’m gonna stay away. Don’t need to go there and my friend has borrowed my car the past few times it’s been used. I could also probably make some money if I sublet the spot since I have a steal of a deal or just get rid of my parking space, park on the street since the only real reason I still keep the space is so I can skate there. I remember hearing that the garage camera only keeps footage for 24hrs when I first got it a few years ago, could be updated now tho.
you might be over thinking all this

Yesterdays-pop

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 10:22:36 PM »
My car was nailed while parked on the street and I had to file a claim. I asked my insurance agent if I should file a police report and they pretty much told me I could but it won’t matter. Cops don’t follow up on that shit it’s just paper work to them. Just stay away from there for awhile and you will be fine.

You just saved me from buzzing my hair and shaving my beard. I’m gonna take a sleeping pill now.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:38 PM »
Go back and scratch "CHEATER" into the side of the door. That will throw them for a loop.

chrisskates808

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 10:33:44 PM »
Agree! You could have gotten away with it.

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
best to just burn the whole place down.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2020, 10:45:00 PM »
Only skate at designated skateparks during approved hours and always wear full pads, a helmet and wrist guards.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:08 PM »

You're going to grab road kill and then place it on the grill? Jesus christ dude, this sounds a bit dramatic

Hopefully nothing comes of it though

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 11:26:00 PM »
Just leave, nothing will even happen. You're a good person. Not smart, but good.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 03:47:38 AM »
I’ve got great news: the owner of that Lexus is a child sex trafficker and illegal arms dealer.  Continue destroying the rest of their personal property with a clean conscience.   :)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2020, 06:24:08 AM »

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2020, 06:54:33 AM »
Dm the owner of the car like a damn man would.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2020, 07:08:21 AM »
Go back and scratch "CHEATER" into the side of the door. That will throw them for a loop.

hahaha this will definitely divert all suspicion away from you.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2020, 07:16:15 AM »
Park your car next to theirs and smash your shit up too.