Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1891593 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25590 on: May 16, 2024, 07:50:49 AM »
As a lot of you might know my girlfriend had cancer a few years ago. Our wish to have children was destroyed during that time but fortunately my girl survived ... She has A LOT of complications still though.

Right now we're in a "surrogacy" trajectory on our way to a child and that is EXTREMELY tough.

First we needed to find a surrogate. A really hard search ...

Then "egg-donors" which was a major hassle to get as well.
We found 8 donors (which is A LOT) and only one was considered suitable.

Those eggs went into a bank and we have to buy eggs. Those cost 2000 dollars.

We got 8 eggs and only two of those became embryo's.

Unfortunately the attempts were not fruitful so we have to buy another set of eggs... and go throug the whole trajectory once more.

Horrible and expensive and extremely heavy on my girlfriend ...

Life sucks, and sometimes I truly wonder what the hell I'm still doing here.

Shtonk

• Rep: -420
« Reply #25591 on: May 16, 2024, 09:10:58 AM »
As a lot of you might know my girlfriend had cancer a few years ago. Our wish to have children was destroyed during that time but fortunately my girl survived ... She has A LOT of complications still though.

Right now we're in a "surrogacy" trajectory on our way to a child and that is EXTREMELY tough.

Unfortunately the attempts were not fruitful so we have to buy another set of eggs... and go throug the whole trajectory once more.

Dude this sounds awful and I hope you make it through. Forgive this ignorant question, but have you considered adoption? One of my best mates is adopted (at the relatively late age of 5) and his relationship with his parents has always been a North star for me to how I want to be as a parent. Please don't take this in bad faith, it's merely offering a perspective. Whatever you decide to do I hope you find better days.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #25592 on: May 16, 2024, 01:06:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude this sounds awful and I hope you make it through. Forgive this ignorant question, but have you considered adoption? One of my best mates is adopted (at the relatively late age of 5) and his relationship with his parents has always been a North star for me to how I want to be as a parent. Please don't take this in bad faith, it's merely offering a perspective. Whatever you decide to do I hope you find better days.

Not an ignorant question at all. We definitely considered that trajectory as well but here in Belgium it is very very tough. If signed up today, it would take up to 10 years (!) to be able to adopt within Belgium.

If we wanted a child earlier, only children with severe disabilities would be an option ... not to sound "heartless" but that's something we don't want. My girlfriend is a caretaker for children/people with disabilities and she sees how heavy that is each day ... and her health can't handle that caretaking 24/7 either :-( .

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 64
« Reply #25593 on: May 16, 2024, 02:03:46 PM »
I'm in the most hateful violent mood I've been in years.

Fuck the homies.
Keep your head up, Flea.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25594 on: May 16, 2024, 04:47:37 PM »
Rear ended some woman the other day. Traffic came to a quick stop and her brakes were better than mine.

We traded info and numbers, but I haven't heard from her yet. I'm a bit worried at the cost of this fender bender, because she was driving a Mercedes and I'm sure every single piece of her car is overpriced.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Shtonk

« Reply #25595 on: Today at 01:16:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not an ignorant question at all. We definitely considered that trajectory as well but here in Belgium it is very very tough. If signed up today, it would take up to 10 years (!) to be able to adopt within Belgium.

If we wanted a child earlier, only children with severe disabilities would be an option ... not to sound "heartless" but that's something we don't want. My girlfriend is a caretaker for children/people with disabilities and she sees how heavy that is each day ... and her health can't handle that caretaking 24/7 either :-( .

Oh man... I totally understand. Keep your head up, it must be hard to live in the moment in times like these but it's a good skill (maybe THE skill) to practice before you become a parent. Because once it's there, every single bit of the cliché is true that time speeds up WAY too fast.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #25596 on: Today at 04:26:33 AM »
YEP BANDS FUCKIN DONE
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Shtonk

« Reply #25597 on: Today at 04:34:05 AM »
YEP BANDS FUCKIN DONE

I was wondering why the Album link was in here. What happened mate? I'm the worst guy to judge the music because it's not at all my style but for what it's worth it sounds exactly like the Bands my hardcore homie is trying to convince me to go see with him and he says they're the best

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25598 on: Today at 05:23:24 AM »
Expand Quote
YEP BANDS FUCKIN DONE
[close]

I was wondering why the Album link was in here. What happened mate? I'm the worst guy to judge the music because it's not at all my style but for what it's worth it sounds exactly like the Bands my hardcore homie is trying to convince me to go see with him and he says they're the best

It is the best. Its a special.

The record dropped like that against my wishes. As soon as I was ok with it hurt my best friends feelings.

I'm ashamed. That's all I got to say about that. I don't even remember posting that. Communication is important. Tending the feelings of your loved ones is important.

And anything but bare feelings should be held up for weight on the message board. For I hope you all Kno I love you.

Protip: if the hardcore sounds more like metal best not stand up front.
Hardcore is cool but pay respect to the original sound of Rock and roll. People call what Im doing hardcore punk. Don't be mistaken. It's the origin.

Really if you boiled it all down I just followed the examples of the older punks who developed the sound I love. And added my 2 cents every second until it was my own thing

I look to chuck berry little Richard and up to like Gary Moore for the truth beyond what I acquired and developed alone through '80s memories of kids who skated around here.

Chuck fuckin Greece is my SPARK tho. That was the moment my path became clear.
Imagine others would say god had had touched their hearts. The reality is it's just another cat who had to learn it all to realize their dream.

If there is a conscious being blessings fools. May they heal my friends and elevation to Chuck. The prophet of true inner peace
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25599 on: Today at 05:25:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm in the most hateful violent mood I've been in years.

Fuck the homies.
[close]
Keep your head up, Flea.

Karen is grinding me like WOAH!

I need to move.
(A)pl(E)