Author Topic: skating after acl surgery  (Read 28392 times)

cilantro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
  • human bean
Re: skating after acl surgery
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2021, 01:28:56 AM »
Man, the last time I posted in this thread, I was depressed, injured, jobless, and dreading the 9 months of no skating that was ahead of me. It feels like just yesterday. Now I’m in a complete different place in life, and back to skating almost every day.
Also yeah, my knee never felt the same again, but it’s still not too bad. It just feels easier to “shock” your leg, like feel it tweak a little to the side. It happens sometimes when I push small piles of dirt with my foot at work. I just massage it and take it easy for a minute before moving on with my day.

HernyB

• Rep: 1
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2021, 06:01:24 AM »
I’m week 7 post op ACL repair from quad tendon autograft. This week I was able to get rid of the crutches, and I’ve been riding my road bike the past few days. I go to the gym pretty much every day of the week, I’m able to do full depth body weight squats and I do some super light single leg presses on the machine.

Feels good to have some ability back but it’s so early in the process I have a hard time wrapping my head around a 9-12 month timeline before I’m able to properly skate again.

Gonna try and get out and start shooting photos and filming again, but I’ll work on long lens since I can’t film Fisheye lines right now.

It’s been a crappy time to have a torn ACL. Kinda felt a abandoned by my friends but with Covid outside of skating there’s not so much to do right now so I get it. Would have been nice to been checked up on a little bit more, but maybe that’s a sign I need to work on that myself. Everyone is feeling isolated to an extent right now whether you are mobile or not.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2021, 07:09:26 AM »
Best of luck to everybody here going through recovery. Just wondering if anyone can reccommend some exercises to help prevent ACL tears? I've gone through a lot of injuries but mostly fractures and rolled ankles. Not something like an ACL that can take you out for much longer.

BurntPorridge

• Rep: -4
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »
Best of luck to everybody here going through recovery. Just wondering if anyone can reccommend some exercises to help prevent ACL tears? I've gone through a lot of injuries but mostly fractures and rolled ankles. Not something like an ACL that can take you out for much longer.

Lunges and squats are two of the best exercises, had to do them daily during rehabilitation. Resistant band exercises were another, my PT couldn't stress the use of them enough for preventing injuries.