Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364417 times)

LemThurdy and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1050 on: February 24, 2023, 12:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would anyone be upset if eldy and steezus both left the show and were never heard from again?
[close]

For all Steezus' kookiness, he doesn't fuck up the vibe the way Eldy does. I find Eldy to be generally unpleasant and unnecessarily bitter.
[close]

Eldy's vibe has had it's own character arc. He used to be a fun space cadet. He was perhaps a bit unprofessional at times, especially in terms of missing the show a lot, but honestly I welcomed it because I think that irreverance is a good reminder to not take this shit too seriously. Crob started giving Eldy shit about it and Eldy never took it well, even though Crob didnt' seem to be mean spirited. Eldy's defensiveness seemed to totally fuck up his vibe, like he's in survival mode. I'm guessing there were off camera conversations about him losing his spot in the show especially because that seems to be in the air any time they are all there talking about someone who filled in for Eldy. For example, in a recent episode they are talking about how they wish Daniel was here and Eldy seems to take it as them wishing Daniel was there instead of Eldy. Hoping Eldy's vibes can complete the character arc and he can return to good vibes, having grown in the process.

Daniel would be a sick addition to the show. I thoroughly enjoy when he is on, talks a little bit of shit every now and then. And is a super skate rat, knowledgeable too.

I get its easy to have a Crail member fill in cause they all have history and can riff rather easily, but I would like to see them go outside of that for guests.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1051 on: February 24, 2023, 12:35:58 PM »
Some of yall really kept up with Nine Club lore damn

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1052 on: February 24, 2023, 12:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Would anyone be upset if eldy and steezus both left the show and were never heard from again?
[close]

For all Steezus' kookiness, he doesn't fuck up the vibe the way Eldy does. I find Eldy to be generally unpleasant and unnecessarily bitter.
[close]

Eldy's vibe has had it's own character arc. He used to be a fun space cadet. He was perhaps a bit unprofessional at times, especially in terms of missing the show a lot, but honestly I welcomed it because I think that irreverance is a good reminder to not take this shit too seriously. Crob started giving Eldy shit about it and Eldy never took it well, even though Crob didnt' seem to be mean spirited. Eldy's defensiveness seemed to totally fuck up his vibe, like he's in survival mode. I'm guessing there were off camera conversations about him losing his spot in the show especially because that seems to be in the air any time they are all there talking about someone who filled in for Eldy. For example, in a recent episode they are talking about how they wish Daniel was here and Eldy seems to take it as them wishing Daniel was there instead of Eldy. Hoping Eldy's vibes can complete the character arc and he can return to good vibes, having grown in the process.

I totally get where you are coming from. In the earlier days, his vibe was much different. Even playful at times. But ever since that fart situation that KGB mentioned, he just became salty and would get super weird whenever the guys would bring it up or randomly play the sound bite. Its just a fart man, that shit is and always will be funny.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1053 on: February 24, 2023, 12:47:31 PM »
so no one's gonna mention steeley dan wanting to have sex with chris roberts huh

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1344
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1054 on: February 24, 2023, 01:02:24 PM »
so no one's gonna mention steeley dan wanting to have sex with chris roberts huh
I don't wanna do your dirty work no more
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1055 on: February 24, 2023, 01:41:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I totally get where you are coming from. In the earlier days, his vibe was much different. Even playful at times. But ever since that fart situation that KGB mentioned, he just became salty and would get super weird whenever the guys would bring it up or randomly play the sound bite. Its just a fart man, that shit is and always will be funny.

The heirloom bit too. He would complain about getting DM’s to name his kid Heirloom. Pretty much anything that brought him attention that didn’t make him money he gets bitter about.

I don’t kink shame
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 06:19:42 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

work_lurker

• Rep: 96
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #1056 on: February 24, 2023, 02:24:35 PM »
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #1057 on: February 24, 2023, 02:32:07 PM »

Haha it's from someone's sig. Quote from versacekid420 or whatever his name is.

And nice reference jakeumms

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1058 on: February 24, 2023, 03:53:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Daniel would be a sick addition to the show. I thoroughly enjoy when he is on, talks a little bit of shit every now and then. And is a super skate rat, knowledgeable too.

I get its easy to have a Crail member fill in cause they all have history and can riff rather easily, but I would like to see them go outside of that for guests.

I appreciate the Nine Club more and more every time I see Castillo either at the curbs or on the show. When I was younger and finally started recognizing skaters in videos, he was always someone I wanted to see more of

More DL Please.

Eldy will always be one of my favorites, but he reminds me of one of my super close homies so much. He takes some obvious humor to the heart a bunch and its funny for everyone but him. For example, the one edit at the beach when he whips out the roller blades and Roberts says something along the lines of "I dont know this guy". Eldy responds super bummed out something like "What do you mean man, Im your friend"

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Dopethrone

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1059 on: February 24, 2023, 04:42:02 PM »
Haha what episode

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1060 on: February 24, 2023, 05:24:08 PM »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #1061 on: February 24, 2023, 08:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha i didn’t expect anyone else to catch it

i agree, more dl please. steezus still pisses me off more than eldy but, it seems like he’s gotten better while eldy has gotten worse as mentioned.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1062 on: February 24, 2023, 08:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i agree, more dl please. steezus still pisses me off more than eldy but, it seems like he’s gotten better while eldy has gotten worse as mentioned.
I think about that comment more often than not. Forgot how it derived but I know wine was in the mix. Shoutout chris roberts

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1063 on: February 24, 2023, 08:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it’s ‘their name’ asshole

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1064 on: February 24, 2023, 08:56:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think about that comment more often than not. Forgot how it derived but I know wine was in the mix. Shoutout chris roberts

The way most great stories begin…

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #1065 on: February 24, 2023, 10:38:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry I'm bad for making that assumption still these days. My mistake.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1066 on: February 25, 2023, 03:16:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

im fucking with you I’m a dude

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1067 on: February 25, 2023, 10:14:29 AM »
Haha what episode

at 2:22 haha

Edit:

"Film it like Strobeck" is probably the closest thing to criticism we will get from the nine club
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 10:21:40 AM by somedudefromnj »

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #1068 on: February 25, 2023, 11:29:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
im fucking with you I’m a dude

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HI1Vc4SH6co&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #1069 on: February 25, 2023, 11:34:34 AM »

The heirloom bit too. He would complain about getting DM’s to name his kid Heirloom. Pretty much anything that brought him attention that didn’t make him money he gets bitter about.

Eldridge wouldn’t get joked about so much if he thought for a second before opening his mouth. The number of times I’ve rolled my eyes at the nonsense he spews is probably in triple figures.

Yeah, the soundboard got a bit tiresome at times but that doesn’t erase the fact Eldridge is a flat earther in the land of logic.

Let’s not forget his business is flavoured golf tees.

When I see/hear everyone else that fills in for him, I really don’t miss Eldridge and the show actually benefits from his absence. What do we miss without him? Eldy’s pick of the week? To be honest Jeron’s Budget or Buttery is way more fun and interesting.

The experience show is slowly improving with regular segments. On the latest episode Steezus went on a wild one about Circe’s but luckily some banter from the others had him realise he had to tone it down a knotch. Would Eldridge have managed? Probably not.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1070 on: February 25, 2023, 01:29:36 PM »

I enjoy Eldy being a pissy little baby and being a huge dingbat but he’s kinda pointless. Steezus adds nothing. But they really should just get someone who has a slightly wider worldview for interest sake.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #1071 on: February 26, 2023, 01:11:59 AM »
Pete Eldridge is a flat earther? Jesus that's just sad.

This is a good bit of Slapism spin working.

Let me just reiterate that I'm refering to Justin Eldrige in my previous post and I have no evidence to my claim he's a flat earther. It's just a fun way of describing his aloofness and wouldn't seem that far fetched judging by his regular insight on the Nine Club.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #1072 on: February 26, 2023, 04:41:05 PM »
BA on tomorrow, will watch

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #1073 on: February 26, 2023, 04:49:39 PM »
BA on tomorrow, will watch

I don’t tune in that often but when it’s someone like BA I’m definitely listening.

RoughStylin

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1074 on: February 26, 2023, 06:00:43 PM »
BA could be on Jordan Peterson’s podcast and I’d still tune in.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1075 on: February 26, 2023, 07:53:21 PM »
I love Brian, and he's one of my all time favourites, but across 4 or 5 interviews in the last few years it's more or less been the same interview. I'd love for somebody to touch on what happened with 3D in his own words.
pretty sure one of those was nine club. This has to be one of those stop and chats where they get even less in depth

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #1076 on: February 27, 2023, 03:03:29 AM »

kinjjibo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1077 on: February 27, 2023, 04:12:15 AM »
Great episode. Brian is the raddest.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #1078 on: February 27, 2023, 04:35:03 AM »
Brian looks so "vibrant" here. I don't know how to explain it, but it's meant as a compliment.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1079 on: February 27, 2023, 04:47:22 AM »
Brian looks so "vibrant" here. I don't know how to explain it, but it's meant as a compliment.
going sober will do that

haven’t listened to this one but the amount of stop and chats and retrodden guests/stories is ridiculous lately. i guess most big guests that they haven’t already had on, will likely never come on.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here