Author Topic: Let's Give It Up for the Skate Moms  (Read 3959 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Let's Give It Up for the Skate Moms
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2024, 02:56:04 AM »
I'm sure she didn't understand skating and thought it was stupid to some extent but she still occasionally gifted me skate stuff for birthdays when I was young. I used to run in and out of the house trying to learn tricks oblivious of the noise it would make and was never told off. She also bought me Photosynthesis the day it landed in the store, still one of the best gifts ever.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2024, 03:24:10 PM »
once my mom heard Tom Petty in the opening montage for On Video Summer 2001, she was instantly more supportive of skating. seeing her study the footage with me, being like "OK these guys are onto something." over those high school years, I did get fresh with her and she took my board away a few times, but she was just doing her job.

most memorable skate moms are the one from the Emerica wild ride who was pumped for her son to try mushrooms, and the one from Girl High 5s up the I-5 who couldn't get the tour name right.

Hick Roward

• Rep: -5
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2024, 07:02:45 PM »
Gail Webb was the first and original skate mom, Rest in Peace.

Magnolia

• Rep: 455
  • She/They
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2024, 07:24:47 PM »
My mom filmed my first ever heelflip and let me build a quarter pipe in the driveway. She's cool
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch