Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 716188 times)

big_kev_215 (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6210 on: May 06, 2024, 04:05:10 PM »
Expand Quote
\ Little bitches.
[close]

Oh oh. I might be shifting over to Team Kevin, pretty soon.

; )

Oh wait, you mean the YouTube Kevin.  Damn…

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #6211 on: May 06, 2024, 04:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
\ Little bitches.
[close]

Oh oh. I might be shifting over to Team Kevin, pretty soon.
[close]

; )

Oh wait, you mean the YouTube Kevin.  Damn…

;D

Just playing. I can't make it through any Youtube videos... Maybe Pedro Delfino bombing hills or some live Fugazi songs.What does Guy Piccotto think of these 93a wheels?

Dad Board

• Rep: 72
« Reply #6212 on: May 06, 2024, 04:36:49 PM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6213 on: May 06, 2024, 04:57:50 PM »

Says the dude playing hella Oscar worthy emotional victim.

You jump all over any praise or compliment, but the second it's not that you immediately go "FUCKING DIE, YOU'RE A LOSER LITTLE BITCH"

Like dude, are you this much of a loose cannon to your family? Fuckin pump the brakes

Oh and 54mm Spitfire classics are the shit.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Dad Board

• Rep: 72
« Reply #6214 on: May 06, 2024, 07:13:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You jump all over any praise or compliment, but the second it's not that you immediately go "FUCKING DIE, YOU'RE A LOSER LITTLE BITCH"

Like dude, are you this much of a loose cannon to your family? Fuckin pump the brakes

I didn’t start shit with anyone, bud. Y’all are on some weird passive aggressive shit around here and it’s obvious you got your little club of cool guys who will go after someone if you don’t like them. You can have this shit my guy. Hit your little kook button and feel like a big boy 👍

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6215 on: May 06, 2024, 07:41:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I didn’t start shit with anyone, bud. Y’all are on some weird passive aggressive shit around here and it’s obvious you got your little club of cool guys who will go after someone if you don’t like them. You can have this shit my guy. Hit your little kook button and feel like a big boy 👍

Yeah you tried this angle before, didn't work then, and it won't work now. You take the bait way too easy.

Slap is one big passive aggressive cesspool, welcome.

See you in the streets.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #6216 on: May 06, 2024, 07:49:54 PM »
Have a sense of humor @Dad Board and for the sake of the children, contain that rage.

like youtube, none of this is real.

KinkyRailsRailed4u

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 100
  • Here For Friendship :)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6217 on: May 07, 2024, 01:48:33 AM »
Little bitches.

Hi Dad Board. Im going to have to ask you to knock it off with the gendered insults. My 12 year-old daughter is a huge fan of you, and you ruined her day when she read this on here.

Do better, I expect more from a fellow father.
Kids don't know about kindness these days.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 120
« Reply #6218 on: May 07, 2024, 03:00:17 AM »
Don’t let kids go on Slap. We’re supposed to be giving them hope.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6219 on: May 07, 2024, 04:58:21 AM »
Somebody complaining for foul language in a skateboarding internet forum.
This is fucking fantastic.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #6220 on: May 07, 2024, 07:38:50 AM »
lmao pretty sure that was a joke

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6221 on: May 07, 2024, 08:44:00 AM »
lmao pretty sure that was a joke
Sarcasm is a tricky thing if not live.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6222 on: May 07, 2024, 11:44:42 AM »
I watched Kevin's channel. Given his obsession with bad 00's screamo and metal core as well as Janoskis and skinny jeans, he probably hasn't matured much since the days of MySpace

rikki

• Rep: 293
« Reply #6223 on: Today at 12:55:52 AM »
Clearly the Spitfire 93s are starting to appeal to more than just the old and sore skater audience (as compared to Dragons pretty much seeming to remain a boomer-only wheel).

I mean, a really good tech skater homie of mine just praised the Reynolds Soft Sliders 52mm's a whole lot after testing them on some rough ghetto asphalt. Dude has been riding almost solely tiny hard-ass wheels for the past 10 years and absolutely fucking rips on flatground, ledges, flatbars and curbs. He is not your usual Kool-Aid drinker, so I kinda trust him on his opinions.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6224 on: Today at 07:22:37 AM »
Clearly the Spitfire 93s are starting to appeal to more than just the old and sore skater audience (as compared to Dragons pretty much seeming to remain a boomer-only wheel).

I mean, a really good tech skater homie of mine just praised the Reynolds Soft Sliders 52mm's a whole lot after testing them on some rough ghetto asphalt. Dude has been riding almost solely tiny hard-ass wheels for the past 10 years and absolutely fucking rips on flatground, ledges, flatbars and curbs. He is not your usual Kool-Aid drinker, so I kinda trust him on his opinions.

Yeah I am definitely interested in the wheel, as well as the longevity and overall performance from day one through to when it is time to replace them, as well as how many people who might have scoffed at "soft wheels" in the past could now actually enjoy riding them.

Tried pretty much everything that has been out there, usually more on other peoples' boards when offered, as well as having my own favourites over the years which I would always keep on one setup as needed, but these could easily replace any other soft wheel on the market for the general use, from what everyone else is saying.

* Supposedly here in Australia within a month too, but we shall see, not counting shipping delays or other issues that are out of the hands of shop / distro people.

** Yeah I am too keen!   

:)

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6225 on: Today at 07:33:12 AM »
i imagine the classics must noseslide /powerslide / blunt pretty decent because of the skinny riding surface. they must wear down pretty quickly though just going off the 99 classics i have had. I could see it being an amazing wheel though and you would get a lot less drag on the metal surfaces that people complain about.

I think I am stuck on big wheels from now on. I was on 56mm for ages and now i am back on it again it feels like the perfect size for me.

Lol it is kinda sick actually how quiet these wheels are sometimes when you are at a spot you dont wanna get kicked out of

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 64
« Reply #6226 on: Today at 07:34:01 AM »
many people who might have scoffed at "soft wheels" in the past could now actually enjoy riding them.

I'm definitely in this camp. I know I sound like a broken record, but I have been really surprised of the performance. Maybe there's slight stickiness in slappy noseslides etc., but for me it's small price for all other goodness.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #6227 on: Today at 07:40:01 AM »

I tried out the Dragons and just wasn’t feeling them; somehow, skating anything but Spitfires just doesn't feel right.  I even had a close call slipping on my way to the mailbox on rough ground and nearly hurt my knee—enough for me to switch back. I’ve since moved on to the 93s in the classic style, and they feel more familiar, although I did have a similar slip on another mailbox run again >:(. My main concern is slipping out on rough ground or getting stuck on the box or flat bar. Interestingly, a younger guy I skate with also ditched the Dragons, mainly because of the noise they made—or so he claims. He is always making his wheels bark tho.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6228 on: Today at 10:01:50 AM »

Your belief is that the majority of people purchasing (and skating) the Dragons are between the ages of 60 and 78?

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -22
« Reply #6229 on: Today at 10:28:03 AM »
I got a set of the dragons 2 years ago and really enjoyed skating them street but they have that terrible squeak on some rail tricks. The spitfire 93s were great cause theres no squeak and they seem to slide a little better then the dragons but ive actually flat spotted one of the 93s the other day, hopefully theyll smooth out but definitely worth the buy.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6230 on: Today at 12:36:04 PM »

Fanboism is a hard thing to get over..the same 'ride the best' jock mentality applies to spit diehards...they'd NEVER touch a bones wheel if it gave blowjobs...but if spit makes it, hawtdang son, this is the best shit EVER. PLus, you know the flame (boy) head is FUCKING LIT at any age...

You assuming that dragons were for the 'old and sore or a boomer wheel (lol STFU up what shit)' is a naive view; do you know how many people in the industry (and pros) were low-key riding dragons/x-formula since they dropped?

The sole reason why spit 93s exist is because of skateboarders wanting a softer wheel that slides and BONEs nailing it and spit wanting a share (and not wanting their pros riding or moving over to the competition).

I dig both brands (currently on spit classics 101s), but when it comes to wheels spit has always been retroactive, not proactive; 93a spits exists because dragons/xformula exist...if you think spit didn't know about bones' 'experimental' wheel well into it's development you'd be wrong.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:42 PM by Xen »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6231 on: Today at 12:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fanboism is a hard thing to get over..the same 'ride the best' jock mentality applies to spit diehards...they'd NEVER touch a bones wheel if it gave blowjobs...but if spit makes it, hawtdang son, this is the best shit EVER. PLus, you know the flame (boy) head is FUCKING LIT at any age...

You assuming that dragons were for the 'old and sore or a boomer wheel (lol STFU up what shit)' is a naive view; do you know how many people in the industry (and pros) were low-key riding dragons/x-formula since they dropped?

The sole reason why spit 93s exist is because of skateboarders wanting a softer wheel that slides and BONEs nailing it and spit wanting a share (and not wanting their pros riding or moving over to the competition).

I dig both brands (currently on spit classics 101s), but when it comes to wheels spit has always been retroactive, not proactive; 93a spits exists because dragons/xformula exist...if you think spit didn't know about bones' 'experimental' wheel well into it's development you'd be wrong.
I'd take a 20 percent hit to performance to ride something i jive with tbh. Not saying it's logical but I have to feel good about my ride and even if graphics wear off, I will know. I do have a set of dragons just because curiosity was way too strong with that one. Now I have 93 spits. I'm sure the x99's are excellent by all accounts but I think I can exist happily alternating between f499s, 93s, and my dragons.

I think skate one will always be the place where they make progressive excellent product that a lot of people that are vain don't want to touch. I've also heard that mini logo trucks are excellent. But my god no thanks.

m477

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6232 on: Today at 03:25:17 PM »
i imagine the classics must noseslide /powerslide / blunt FLAT SPOT INSTANTLY
Yes, yes they do.