Author Topic: Kitty cats  (Read 4559 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
Re: Kitty cats
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2023, 05:21:01 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2023, 07:16:09 AM »
Graduated from ground sitting to fence sitting

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2023, 01:51:59 PM »
Brought this guy back last week

breezy_again

• Rep: 51
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2023, 01:16:28 AM »
New lord of the stables gazing upon her dominion

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2023, 05:02:27 AM »

holy moly. what an angel.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2023, 05:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's her name dude?

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2023, 06:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What's her name dude?

Her name is Harmi, which translates to Grief (harmaa is grey in finnish

Here’s her sister Hirmu, which translates roughly to the wild one

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2023, 07:15:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What's her name dude?
[close]

Wish I could gnar twice in 24hours! Love their names! They look adorable!

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2023, 07:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What's her name dude?
[close]

[close]

Thanks man! They are really fun cats. Hirmu was pretty timid and about the size of a coffee mug when the came to the stables. Now true to her name, is really friendly, full of energy and really playful.
Harmi also lives up to the billing, constantly knocks shit over, loves to suprize you by sinking her baby claws into you and bites.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2023, 12:42:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What's her name dude?
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks man! They are really fun cats. Hirmu was pretty timid and about the size of a coffee mug when the came to the stables. Now true to her name, is really friendly, full of energy and really playful.
Harmi also lives up to the billing, constantly knocks shit over, loves to suprize you by sinking her baby claws into you and bites.
Liian söpöjä!!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 842
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2023, 04:03:17 PM »
I forgot to take a pic but I met a new neighborhood cat yesterday morning and he's rad.

Was walking around the corner and saw a flash of movement from under a bush, lil dude was going after a birdie and he noticed me and stopped dead with his big yellow eyes locked on me. I figured he was gonna bolt like street cats usually do, but he didn't so I dropped my board and bag and got down and made some scratching noises and after a bit he slowly came out, then came over and checked me out, then started rubbing on me and giving me head bumps and shit. He was all black and either still young or a runt cuz he was pretty skinny (not in an underfed way) but his coat was clean and he looked healthy, so combined with how friendly he was I'm pretty sure it's someone's cat.

For a couple minutes we just hung out and played in a sunny spot in the corner of the yard, then he went on his way. I'm gonna start taking that route home and see if I run into him again. I had a lil calico buddy a few years back that would regularly escape his owner and come visit me and I've always wondered what happened to him.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2023, 12:17:48 PM »
love this thread

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2023, 04:35:19 PM »
This thread is made of gold and I love everybody's little babies! Bunch of absolute sweethearts in here!

When the pandemic hit, I started working from home... almost a year in one day I was here rendering a bunch of videos for the office and kept hearing something outside through my noise-cancelling headphones... went on for like a half hour or so. I took the phones off and could then tell it was a critter in distress. The acoustics from outside get weird in the house, so I was thinking it was an injured bird or something. Lucky for both of us, it was the introduction to my son Buddy. I took this minutes after finding him stranded in the yard:

...his big ole head was the same size as his body! He was about 2 weeks old when I found him, and I started bottle feeding the guy every couple of hours until he was ready for real food. He was so small he fit well inside the palm of your hand... within a few hours I had this boy hooked up with a heated pad, more toys than I grew up with, and all the stuff ya need for a healthy little kiddo:

My wife and I wanted him to have a sibling, but we had to wait a few weeks since they have to be a certain age before they can be adopted out... we met and fell in love with his one-week-older brother Lotti (this was his first day at his home):

At one point (weeks later), they both weighed six pounds, and we were thinking that Buddy was gonna be built like a linebacker and Lottie was gonna wind up being a ferret, but Buddy wound up being a sleek little ninja and Lotti's an 18 pound chonk. Bud's always got his left fang hanging out and Lotti's default face always has a proper blep:

A long time ago my wife and I had adopted and raised a brother and sister from kittens to old age, and neither of us ever had the heart to adopt any little ones again... I'm so glad Buddy found us... he and Lotti filled a huge gap for us, and they're just the most loveable kids we could have ever asked for.

This is poor quality, but it's one of my favorite pics... right after I had a plate and pins put in my leg, I rearranged the workstation in my studio so I could kind've lay in a loveseat with my broken shit elevated and braced, and these two homies would not leave my side. I think they knew their old man was in a lot of pain, so whenever I was in this room (15+ hours a day as I work and make art in here), they were both right by or on me, which made me feel great as Buddy isn't a lapcat, and Lotti is mos definitely a momma's boy. I love these boys so much.

Sorry for rambling on and on, this thread just has me hyped up and in a good place.  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 04:47:17 PM by grimcity »

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2023, 05:21:56 AM »
Beautiful cats and a beautiful story!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2023, 07:24:52 AM »
second to last picture of them cuddling killed me. Cats are perfect.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2023, 08:35:03 AM »
So good @grimcity !

Has anyone here flow with cats? I wanna go to Malta for a winter break but would need to bring my boss like.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2023, 08:49:37 AM »
Bad news everybody, Harmi has been missing since saturday. Hirmu is lonely and extremely effectionate when there’s people around.
Hope she turns up soon.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2023, 10:46:46 AM »
Whale did Harmi turn up? I hope she is safe.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2023, 02:09:39 PM »
Whale did Harmi turn up? I hope she is safe.

Sadly not, yet.
She’s too young to take care of herself, and my first thought was that she got taken by a fox, a hawk or some other predator.
There’s however been some who’ve said that they heard kitten noises around the area so the owners have been searching still.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2023, 01:57:21 PM »
We have a super cool 7 year old black cat named Stuart who I’ve posted before.  For years now we’ve talked about getting him a little brother.. today we finally did.  The name’s Micky, unless my gf decides to change it..  It’s now Boogie.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:06:10 PM by Coastal Fever »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2023, 07:24:04 AM »
What a little sweetheart!

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2023, 10:20:41 AM »
Thanks!

Side note… any tips on getting an older house cat accustomed to their new little brother?  We’ve slowly been trying to introduce them, giving them treats when they don’t attack each other, etc.  I know that the bigger cat will often bite the kitten to assert dominance.. especially when the kitten relentlessly wants to play attack them.. but how long does it typically take for them to become amicable, and is there any way to help that happen?

breezy_again

« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2023, 12:06:37 PM »
you don't want the older kitty to feel like its getting replaced so maybe some extra lovins to the older one at least until they're comfortable with one another.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2023, 12:36:35 PM »
I want a kitten so fucking bad.

I'd also add that it's not the end of the world if they never become best buds, at minimum hope they don't fight and wanna kill each other. It's funny how different cats can develop such different relationships and personally I don't think there's too much you can do to help it. Seems to me it's more up to the cats and it could be a couple months where suddenly one day they're best homies

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 313
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2023, 01:17:54 PM »
my partner and i recently adopted this sweet little tabby cat (8 months old) who has been living outdoors her entire life. we would see her pretty often on our daily walks and she would run up to us wanting so much attention. after observing her hunt lizards and run around for 2-3 weeks. we started asking around if she was a stray or someone's outdoor cat; it turns out one of our neighbors was looking after her, but couldn't bring her inside due to family allergies. he got her vaccinated, fixed, and said we could take her (god bless his soul!). it was perfect timing as winter was approaching and other bigger street cats were messing with her. her name is Mia and she's been doing great getting used to the indoor life. she misses being outside so we'll eventually get her harness trained so we can take her on supervised walks!

Pasta Monster

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2023, 01:26:36 PM »
^
Cute AF

breezy_again

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2023, 05:33:19 AM »
Mia looks likes she's enjoying indoor life tremendously <3

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2023, 07:56:21 AM »
Mia's beautiful she reminds of a cat we had

How hard is it to harness train a cat? I see more people nowadays walking their cat and I'm baffled at how insane (in my head it's unnatural to walk a cat hence my amazement reaction) it is

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 313
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2023, 08:12:44 AM »
Mia's beautiful she reminds of a cat we had

How hard is it to harness train a cat? I see more people nowadays walking their cat and I'm baffled at how insane (in my head it's unnatural to walk a cat hence my amazement reaction) it is
no idea but i'm hoping that the fact she wants to go outside, it'll be an easy task lol
she honestly wasn't a fan of the collar initially, but she's gotten over it so who knows. she may hate wearing the harness and want nothing to do with walking. i've seen so many videos of people hiking with cats, cats riding in the bike basket, etc. and I'm hoping Mia will grant me those wishes