Author Topic: New Mini Logo Trucks Design?  (Read 10939 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: New Mini Logo Trucks Design?
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2022, 02:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just saw these on Dan's YT

[close]

Those are much more pleasing to the current ML...maybe they ditched the RKP design for these?
[close]

Could be working on both? The early feedback on the RKPs seemed to be positive, wonder if there was some critical failure point they couldn't design around

Could be! R&D is just that until you get it right.

IpathCats

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2022, 03:40:18 PM »
Looks like an ACE mixed with a Lurpiv

backinaction

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2022, 03:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are much more pleasing to the current ML...maybe they ditched the RKP design for these?
[close]

Could be working on both? The early feedback on the RKPs seemed to be positive, wonder if there was some critical failure point they couldn't design around

Cover image here shows them quite well.  This is the most blatant pic I have seen of them.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2022, 10:50:54 PM »

Is that Dan or &&?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 844
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2022, 04:01:13 AM »
I DM'ed Skateone like a man, no updates. Maybe next year at the earliest but production on trucks takes much longer once approved. Based on how long they were testing/prototyping the dragon wheels, I feel like it'll be a while...

I know this is months late, but it's worth noting that the ML truck was in the development stage for like a decade. As kooky as he can be, one of the things I actually respect about Powell is that he won't just shove something out the door he doesn't believe in and hasn't thoroughly tested.

It might not be the best way to do things if you want to stay on top of whatever the flavor of the month is, but as far as putting out quality skate products it definitely works better than "buy the cheapest stuff from China and make a flashy box and video" model that most of the new companies I see seem to use. I have to begrudgingly admit that I've probably gotten more value from their products than basically all of the stuff I bought because I wanted to look cool. The bearings alone could have saved me hundreds if I was smart enough to skate them all the time.

TheSinforoso

• Rep: 6
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2022, 07:44:20 AM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1128
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2022, 09:03:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that Dan or &&?
[close]
&&

those fucked up shoes with the skin flap are a dead giveaway

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2023, 02:19:39 PM »
At exactly 4:20, you can see && skating the new non-rkp trucks. Looks like inverted kingpin though. I don't see riser pads, so there might be some mini logo/powell high trucks coming? (Ben Degros made me watch all new Dan Corrigan videos, hoping there's more Ben footage)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
Was going to post the above, instead, here's this one:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 11:23:34 AM by Xen »

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2023, 02:53:37 AM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2023, 10:43:40 AM »
That’s not an attractive truck

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2023, 11:05:50 AM »

Far be it from me to defend Mini Logo, but those are likely CNC’ed prototypes, where the production model will presumably be forged and have all the blunt edges smoothed.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2023, 11:25:05 AM »
They're just so (creeper level) chunky...why? Maybe they're some super light build?

Grind clearance looks 'aight + nice to see a low profile button IKP for a change.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2023, 04:19:51 PM »

i like that truck as much as &&'s scumstash.

* i don't think i'd like his upper lip anymore if he shaved it though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:25:32 PM by BL0B »

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2023, 04:22:02 PM »
They're just so (creeper level) chunky...why? Maybe they're some super light build?

Grind clearance looks 'aight + nice to see a low profile button IKP for a change.

the hanger also looks good for feebles & smiths but it looks like the baseplate might be short like Thunders.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2023, 06:22:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Far be it from me to defend Mini Logo, but those are likely CNC’ed prototypes, where the production model will presumably be forged and have all the blunt edges smoothed.

Never stopped powell before.....

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2023, 10:15:29 AM »
Roger Bagley on the TKP version

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2023, 02:27:48 PM »

Roger Bagley apparently on full Powell sponsorship: && Flight Deck, Dragons AND the experimental ML trucks! Gonna go out on a limb and say they had his bearing needs covered in that care package as well.
Good for you, Bags!
And, frankly, a pretty good deal for Powell too. That's a whole lotta promotion they're getting out of that box.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2023, 02:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Roger Bagley apparently on full Powell sponsorship: && Flight Deck, Dragons AND the experimental ML trucks! Gonna go out on a limb and say they had his bearing needs covered in that care package as well.
Good for you, Bags!
And, frankly, a pretty good deal for Powell too. That's a whole lotta promotion they're getting out of that box.

I asked Rog about his set up at the venice curbs a couple of months ago and he was riding tensor mags on the && twin tail and dragons. Told me he would ride them until they stopped making them. Wonder if this  just some friendly product testing or if he's making a real switch. at this point I'm sure tensor or powell/minilogo will send him anything he asks for, he's done more work than anyone normalizing all the powell dorks...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2023, 06:00:46 PM »
Having skated that exact combination at that same spot, I can’t argue with his decision tensor mags tear up that curb so well (8.75 inch trucks are perfect for that double sided, allowing you to sit on top for 5050s provided your wheels aren’t too thicc) and the sidewalk surrounding area isn’t the best. I prefer the X 97 over the dragons though.

As for the && deck I couldn’t vibe, it was just too big and boaty. It felt really really clunky to me…too long/wb too long.

With dwindle, well, dwindling, tensor mags are soon to be extinct… so bagels, and Bev, need to find a new truck…. And with BevUp on Powell now seems only logical that they’re going to start flowing.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2023, 06:08:02 PM »
Weird looking truck. Maybe it'll end up being the new thing, who knows. All I know is that for me to buy mini-logo trucks they would have to be significantly cheaper than the other big brands and I can't see these new trucks being cheap.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2023, 06:38:48 PM »
Having skated that exact combination at that same spot, I can’t argue with his decision tensor mags tear up that curb so well (8.75 inch trucks are perfect for that double sided, allowing you to sit on top for 5050s provided your wheels aren’t too thicc) and the sidewalk surrounding area isn’t the best. I prefer the X 97 over the dragons though.

As for the && deck I couldn’t vibe, it was just too big and boaty. It felt really really clunky to me…too long/wb too long.

With dwindle, well, dwindling, tensor mags are soon to be extinct… so bagels, and Bev, need to find a new truck…. And with BevUp on Powell now seems only logical that they’re going to start flowing.

The && deck is pretty bad, but the grip job was on another level. It was 4 or 5 different panels and He wasn’t even using grip in some places, I think he was using super gritty sandpaper type stuff for stairs/wet floors on the nose and tail, maybe Jessup ultra in the middle? It was wild.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2023, 08:44:19 PM »
What if the new ml trucks are magnesium?

From the screen shots they don’t have that polished aluminum look like Thunder/indy/etc. although since they’re samples they could just not be finished the same.

Magnesium could also account for that clunking looking design but still weighing the same or less as a standard truck.

Tensor mags would bend for some people and I personally destroyed magnesium baseplates from tensor and destructo. the truck design could account for that.

I’m just spitballing here

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2023, 10:49:52 AM »

They look pretty tall to me, which might make sense seeing as mini logos are super low?

Also, love him or hate him, it’s hard to deny the skill…

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »

They look pretty tall to me, which might make sense seeing as mini logos are super low?

&& was running risers with the ML trucks and not with these.

He's also skating an experimental wheel shape, and is back to the experimental graphic on the board so he may be fucking with his shape again.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2023, 04:51:18 PM »
Or he just has boxes of experimental shit on ice?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2024, 12:18:02 PM »
it's been a year since anyone's posted in here, is anyone aware of any updates in regards to either of the truck designs discussed previously in this thread?

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2024, 04:15:39 PM »
it's been a year since anyone's posted in here, is anyone aware of any updates in regards to either of the truck designs discussed previously in this thread?

Just from watching those powell guys it seems that everyone has moved off that 'rev' of the truck they were testing and back on their regular brand.