Author Topic: The pyramids  (Read 1106 times)

m477

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: The pyramids
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2024, 01:52:29 PM »
Woman thinks the pyramids were carved with copper tools and a plumb bob lol. Thanks for a rehash of my 5th grade history class.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2024, 03:21:03 AM »
Woman thinks the pyramids were carved with copper tools and a plumb bob lol. Thanks for a rehash of my 5th grade history class.

And all that in 20 years. ^^ I don't wanna go looking but is there a video out there where people use these techniques? Not sure I wanna believe this woman. Sorry
IG: @flowterspace

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2024, 07:35:48 AM »
30 year old Schoch's theory isn't considered valid by most researchers
Mud brick pyramids (Middle Empire) were built later than Gizeh (Old Kingdom). And most of them are way more ruined than the older ones.

You guys are giving a "Must be aliens" direction to this.

You should read about Occam's razor.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:18:03 AM by BALARGUE »

Ninj2

• Rep: -85
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2024, 08:06:27 AM »
30 year old Schoch's theory isn't considered valid by most researchers

Must be aliens

Why don't you guys read about Occam's Razor ?
Occums razor is for celibate monks. The world is filled with magic.

m477

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2024, 11:18:52 AM »
30 year old Schoch's theory isn't considered valid by most researchers traditional Egyptologists
Mud brick pyramids (Middle Empire) were built later than Gizeh (Old Kingdom). And most of them are way more ruined than the older ones.

You guys are giving a "Must be aliens" direction to this.

You should read about Occam's razor.
I’m not sure how citing geological erosion that is almost certainly caused by water on the sphinx = aliens :o Id definitely bet the farm that humans built it and even posted we might be able to recreate it under a given circumstance.

This is a prime example of what I was getting at in my first post of the thread; that traditional Egyptology is so passionately engrained in the orthodoxy that any contrary evidence is akin to kicking their dog lol. I posted a benign summary of weather patterns and the first reaction is to regurgitate the status quo while simultaneously undermining my character by labeling me as some ancient alien kook. Par for the course I guess.

m477

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2024, 12:04:43 PM »
Quote from: BALARGUE
Yes, I definitely didn’t word my post on this correctly. What I was meaning to get at, is that if you look at the water erosion on the sphinx and then try to correlate the traditional dates to the historical weather patterns, the timelines don’t add up. I’m not gonna try to convince or twist anyone’s arms - geology is just super interesting for me in general (along with Egypt), so combining the two always has me thinking.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2024, 08:04:16 AM »
I was mostly joking about the reception you had for that egyptologist video, The Mystery of the Sphinx later marketed by UFO TV and the whole fantasy around Egypt and the pyramids.
It felt like you were doubting what she was saying though (which is most certainly based on facts / findings / years of research).

I definitely hear you about conservatism in some areas of science but when there's one guy pushing a theory (theory initially invented by a sci-fi author) and a lot of doubt based on evidence from others, i tend to not trust that one guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis

Anyway, i'm no expert. I'm fascinated just like you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:29:55 AM by BALARGUE »

m477

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2024, 01:12:16 AM »
I was mostly joking about the reception you had for that egyptologist video, The Mystery of the Sphinx later marketed by UFO TV and the whole fantasy around Egypt and the pyramids.
It felt like you were doubting what she was saying though (which is most certainly based on facts / findings / years of research).

I definitely hear you about conservatism in some areas of science but when there's one guy pushing a theory (theory initially invented by a sci-fi author) and a lot of doubt based on evidence from others, i tend to not trust that one guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis

Anyway, i'm no expert. I'm fascinated just like you.
Right on. But I’m still going to stand by my snarky comment about her saying the pyramids were created with copper tools and a plumb bob lol. To further explain my perspective… Imagine a future society looking back at our time… we are long gone but the Golden Gate Bridge survives.  And this new society is convinced that the Golden Gate Bridge was built by slaves with nothing but primitive hand tools as a monument to bridge our kings to the promised land. I mean, WHERE are all the evidence of machines, factories and plans nearby to excavate as evidence?? I know that’s a far fetched analogy but that’s how I kinda see things regarding the way traditional Egyptologist’s defend their methodology. “Well if we can’t dig up the machines, it’s just impossible that they were smart enough for advanced technology.” We didn’t bury and archive the golden gate tools 15 feet away.

If Egyptologists take everything literally from the pharaohs and priests, why don’t we do that with all ancient religions? We don’t take the Bible as absolute historical fact (well some do lol), are we supposed to be taking that literally because it was written down and must be true? That is basically how I see things. Facts get lost through time and when thousands of years go by, you just have to admit you don’t know. IMO it’s a discredit to the past societies to consider them as lowly slaves chiseling monolithic blocks (with copper tools !?) for a kings tomb.It just sounds absurd, especially when there is sound evidence that the timelines could be off. My 2 cents. (Godspeed if you made it through my wall of text)

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2024, 01:40:34 AM »
IMO it’s a discredit to the past societies to consider them as lowly slaves chiseling monolithic blocks (with copper tools !?) for a kings tomb.

The copper tool fixation made me curios. This vid was quite interesting and fun. Not just babbling, but action. And we all know action (starting at around 07:22) speaks louder than words.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 01:49:06 AM by tuesday »