Author Topic: HUF FOOTWEAR thread  (Read 56926 times)

Cosme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: HUF FOOTWEAR thread
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2011, 02:39:48 AM »

« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »

so awesome

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
those black choices are really sick. i may break down and buy them and the all black huppers or the grey huf pros.  i am so tired of white soles personally.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
HAI GUYZ, how are the Southerns and has anyone tried the Milwaukee model?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2011, 01:41:06 AM »
HAI GUYZ, how are the Southerns and has anyone tried the Milwaukee model?

the southerns are good, but i think i like the choice more. still skatin the southern though and they're holding up pretty well.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Exile on MainSt.

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
I got a pair of genuines for chilling, I'm considering getting a pair of choices or southerns for skating. Are the insoles on those two models as thick as the genuine's?

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
here's a little update on the Huf Pro's i have been skating. i really wanted to try a pair. as they were cup soles.. so i got some.
i've been skating them and walking in them for about 2 weeks. i think i have about 12 hours of true skating time in on them.
they are comfortable. and the heel lock is amazing. and really the cup sole flicks great. the bottom tread has 3 layers of Hs to get through before it will ball. im not even close. these shoes are obviously just a newer version of his "doughboy" shoe for DVS i believe. i don't really like how they look. they are pants shoes for sure. not shorts. im about to blow out my 2nd pair of laces.. but man. these do skate so good.
anyways.

*i got these. and set up a new board at the same time. i put MOB grip on.. cause i like MOB for cupsoles. and jessup for vulc. call me crazy.. whatever.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »
here's a little update on the Huf Pro's i have been skating. i really wanted to try a pair. as they were cup soles.. so i got some.
i've been skating them and walking in them for about 2 weeks. i think i have about 12 hours of true skating time in on them.
they are comfortable. and the heel lock is amazing. and really the cup sole flicks great. the bottom tread has 3 layers of Hs to get through before it will ball. im not even close. these shoes are obviously just a newer version of his "doughboy" shoe for DVS i believe. i don't really like how they look. they are pants shoes for sure. not shorts. im about to blow out my 2nd pair of laces.. but man. these do skate so good.
anyways.

-photo-

*i got these. and set up a new board at the same time. i put MOB grip on.. cause i like MOB for cupsoles. and jessup for vulc. call me crazy.. whatever.

interesting.....

fivepanelsnapback

• Rep: -16
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2011, 07:14:07 AM »
Anyone thats hesitant on trying cause of the prices here is a good chance to do so. East bay has a grip of HUF's on sale for 29.99

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/advancedSearch.cfm?keyword=huf
Colored wheels make skateboards look like toys...

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
I am skating the same colourway of Huf Pros as pandarelated and am also using MOB (had to regrip as shop supplied another dud sheet of Jessup).

The toe is a lot more durable than I thought it would be, nice snug fit which may be too narrow for some, the grip is very good as said before and the heel is sturdy, which is the only slight problem as I use the Gamechanger insole. Otherwise looking forward to skating them more if the weather here in the UK lets me and my next pair in the Black/White all suede version.

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
I really want these:

What are the ones on the right?

dethcomic

• Rep: 5
  • dead ass
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:13 PM »
how's the fit on the choices?

true to size, half size up/down?

and do they kinda fit like vans?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:09:22 PM by dethcomic »
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcztw7MqdI1rbv6tio1_400.gif[IMG]

Plug_One

• Rep: 9
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2011, 01:40:06 AM »
how's the fit on the choices?

true to size, half size up/down?

and do they kinda fit like vans?

true to size

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
I just got a pair of Choices and the stitching on the side has been rubbing my foot raw to the point where I can't put them on anymore. I've been skating them for a week so they're already broken in. Did this happen to anyone else?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2011, 02:06:29 PM »
thats really weird. I skated my pair until absolute death which I rarely ever do and they felt great the whole time, even when I skated barefoot in them. I always get heelblisters from new shoes too, but with these I didnt, even though the cloth on the right heel got all fucked up, still nothing

about to lace up a new pair of choices now, cant wait to try the huppers since I love hightops

VictoriousOG

« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
Skating two different pairs of genuines and have some huppers up next. I'll let you know Deekay, how they hold up.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I really want these:

[close]

HUF "Morton"
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »
Skating two different pairs of genuines and have some huppers up next. I'll let you know Deekay, how they hold up.

please do

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
suede genuines?

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really want these:

[close]

[close]

HUF "Morton"

cheers man

achis123

« Reply #261 on: September 09, 2011, 04:00:58 AM »
I think I'm starting to dig the hupper's I haven't been too into high top but it looks pretty solid I wouldn't mind giving it a go for winter season any one know how they skate?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »
So I skated my Huppers this weekend. Good shoe and is straight to the point. The high top doesn't serve too much support considering its more floppy than structured/sturdy like a Blazer. Good grip, flick, and padding. Let me know if you have any other questions.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
Good shoe and is straight to the point.
Good to know that a shoe doesn't beat around the bush.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
Haha yes.

AnklePants

• Rep: -10
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
anyways.

Are you having trouble with the shoe causing you any sort of discomfort?  I am...

Also, just to be a little bitch, I have to say that I dislike the way the shoes look from the top while wearing them.

keitho

• Rep: 3
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
I just got a pair of Choices and the stitching on the side has been rubbing my foot raw to the point where I can't put them on anymore. I've been skating them for a week so they're already broken in. Did this happen to anyone else?

I think i have had the same problem too. I have been skating this shoe for about 3 weeks or so. Once they were broken in, they really feel like a great shoe, and the toe cap seems to be lasting nicely, as well as the sole. MY big problem is that on my left foot ( i skate regular), I have had this weird pain, in about the middle of my footy, where the stitching also joins. I only have felt this pain while wearing this shoe, and it has bothered me to the point where i have some swelling and bruising on my foot, where i normally flick off for heelflips, now even doing a heelflip hurts my foot, which is weird.

I think the material is thin there, and maybe it is right where the stitching joins and that is what is causing me the pain. Either way, i think i need some new shoes.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #267 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »

Are you having trouble with the shoe causing you any sort of discomfort?  I am...

Also, just to be a little bitch, I have to say that I dislike the way the shoes look from the top while wearing them.

no discomfort.. i find them very comfortable actually.
i also dislike they way they look from the top well wearing them. like duck feet or something.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #268 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
So I skated my Huppers this weekend. Good shoe and is straight to the point. The high top doesn't serve too much support considering its more floppy than structured/sturdy like a Blazer. Good grip, flick, and padding. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How does the suede and sole are holding up comparing to Vans, Soletec or Nike sb?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
I'd say like a Nike.