Author Topic: pittsburgh  (Read 4774 times)

StokedTaco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
pittsburgh
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »
thinking about driving out there to skate this weekend. any cool spots, parks, DIY? anyone down to skate?

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: pittsburgh
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
I was actually just there, just got back today. I didn't really skate much since none of the friends I was visiting skate anymore, but there were plenty of sketchy as fuck hillbombs all over, and some really nice ledges and benches outside of Duquesne and Pitt.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
been there once...it's a rugged city. you could maybe hit the local shop up, I think it's called "One Up." They were cool as fuck there.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
Just saw this thread...

There are some fun spots, you just gotta ask around. But yeah, OneUp is on E. Carson Street and they know their shit.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
you'll find shit if you push around oakland (where pitt is). some granite ledges, stairs, random stuff.

same with downtown. check out marble park. awful ground but the fountain gets drained and has a fun ledge.
it's right in front of the william penn hotel

there are ledges on the riverside of Heinz field in northside. also some boat ties or whatever you'd call them that you can do tricks over.

there was a pgh cityscape in skateboarder a while back. i'll try to find it

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »
sick, thanks. i'm coming out this coming monday and staying for 10 days. might try and cruise to philly or jersey city for a day or 2. if anyone's down to skate hit me up.

FilmJerz

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Anyone on here from pittsburgh?  Coming there in like 2weeks. Was wondering where a couple certain spots are. I'll post pictures later on.  Thanks

FilmJerz

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:46 AM »
anyone on here from pittsburgh, need some help with a couple spots.  And suggestions on close by places to camp.

Thanks feel free to message me any help appreciated.

can anyone help me with these spots?  Thanks

pburg 14 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 17 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 23 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 10 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 9 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 11 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 24 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 13 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 6 by newjerz44, on Flickr

pburg 5 by newjerz44, on Flickr

zombiesoybot

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 04:11:51 PM »
i live here. here's some help.....

the rail is at Bulter and 45th but note the rail is knobbed now

known as the chemical banks, note as easy as they look.
Parkman ave and o'hara st. its at the University Of Pittsburgh, so note its better to go at night.

somewhere around Mt Washington and South Side Slopes. I've passed it before but forgot where its at.

Go to One Up skate shop (oneuppgh.com) and ask about the other spots. i'm not sure were they are exactly. One Up has helped me before locate spots.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:13:43 PM by zombiesoybot »

FilmJerz

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
Thanks man appreciate it.  Any new DIY spots ?  Quarters or natural transition?  Any spots you suggest checking out.  I've been to the famous spots but I'm sure there's alot of spots I haven't been to feel free to message me thanks

FilmJerz

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:56:22 PM »
I found that over rail into the hill on google maps.  Thanks.

zombiesoybot

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Thanks man appreciate it.  Any new DIY spots ?  Quarters or natural transition?  Any spots you suggest checking out.  I've been to the famous spots but I'm sure there's alot of spots I haven't been to feel free to message me thanks

i'll try and think and get back to you about quarters or natural transition and other spots.

DIY? everything we (outlaw collective) have build has been torn out by the city (other than things we put in at two skate parks: polish hill and sheraden). we have things in the works but they wont be done by the time you're here. These past two months have been busy with projects outside of skating.

FilmJerz

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Do you know anything about where that hubba is Austin kanfoush bs5-0.  It's prob at one of the colleges but ive been looking and can't find it

zombiesoybot

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
i've never seen it. showed it around and everyone said it's most likely at a school, not a college campus.

DIY: i came up with nothing worth checking out.

quarters or natural transition: you've most likely been to them all.

other spots: downtown is always fun, hills are everywhere with little gems. Check out the small neighborhoods outside the usually ones.

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:27 AM »
i've been to the hubba before, i believe it's off Centre ave. right outside of downtown. It's a pretty big bust but it should be skatable at night time for it is partially lit up.

FilmJerz

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
Stoked taco  Can you give me more information about that hubba. Looks really sick.  Do you know what it's at and what is closet cross streets?  Also so you know any of those other spots I posted?  Open to any suggestions on spots to. Thanks any help is much appreciated!

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
i will do some searching on google earth and get back to you. i know the relative area. i'm from michigan but i'm sure i could help you with most of the spots you posted, however it looks like most of them aren't available on flikr anymore. what else are you looking for?

FilmJerz

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:15 AM »
Hey thanks yea the ones that aren't avaiblr anymore I already found them. But yea if you can help me with the ones that are still up that would be sick.  I've been to a handful of the famous spots but anything else you suggest checking out.  Any DIY spots or downhill spots any good rails hubbas ledge spots manual pads anything really haha. Feel free to message me thanks any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »
i found the hubba, it's on Centre and Heldman right outside of downtown. if your going away from the city you will be taking a left on heldman, and the hubba will be in the first parking lot on the right. but like i said, there's a security guard there even on sundays. so your best chance of skating it as at night time (it's partially lit up). and honestly, the dudes at one up are the coolest dudes i've ever met. if you go shoot the shit with them, rob or greg will have no problem linking you up with spots, or people.

FilmJerz

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
Hey thanks.  I'll have to go to that shop I think I went there once years ago and remember they were really cool.  One of the dudes showed us around he took us to some sick stuff. I can't seem to find that hubba on heldman.  The building that's on centre and heldman doesn't look like it?  It's at the building on the corner?  Next to physicatric center?  Thanks

FilmJerz

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »

where is hubba by newjerz44, on Flickr

hey i followed your directions but i dont see the hubba on the street view, that place doesnt look like it at all either.  can you give me the address of what it says so i can type it in thanks

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »

where is hubba by newjerz44, on Flickr

hey i followed your directions but i dont see the hubba on the street view, that place doesnt look like it at all either.  can you give me the address of what it says so i can type it in thanks
yeah i'm pretty sure it's in a little walk way in between those two buildings.
here's a screen grab of my buddy skating it. you can see the building in the background looks similar to the one in your pictures

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »
The hubba that you are referring to is actually in State College, Pa; Not in Pittsburgh. Though the hubba that StokedTaco is talking about is still worth checking out. Also, the bump to rail that Austin is boardsliding is in Mckees Rocks right outside of Pittsburgh (the southside to be exact). The two spots over the rail and into the banks are not in Pittsburgh that I know of. If you have any other questions or need any more advice on the area let me know I know Pittsburgh and the surrounding spots pretty well. Oh and I'd like to thank the Outlaw Collective crew for always making all those sick spots in Pitt, it's a bummer that the warehouse is gone...

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
The hubba that you are referring to is actually in State College, Pa; Not in Pittsburgh. Though the hubba that StokedTaco is talking about is still worth checking out. Also, the bump to rail that Austin is boardsliding is in Mckees Rocks right outside of Pittsburgh (the southside to be exact). The two spots over the rail and into the banks are not in Pittsburgh that I know of. If you have any other questions or need any more advice on the area let me know I know Pittsburgh and the surrounding spots pretty well. Oh and I'd like to thank the Outlaw Collective crew for always making all those sick spots in Pitt, it's a bummer that the warehouse is gone...
oh shit i didn't see a picture of the hubba he posted. i just saw "where's the hubba austin back 5-0'd" and immediately thought of that one.

FilmJerz

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 06:28:07 AM »

Its all good guys.  I'll check that hubba out also.  Thanks!  Hey do u happen to know the cross street of the pryamid rail Austin is boardsliding.   I'm down to check out spots outside of pittsburgh to.

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its all good guys.  I'll check that hubba out also.  Thanks!  Hey do u happen to know the cross street of the pryamid rail Austin is boardsliding.   I'm down to check out spots outside of pittsburgh to.

No, I'm sorry I actually don't know the street name I'll try to google map it when I get a chance. But if you follow east carson street in the southside into Mckees rocks its on one of the side streets on the left hand side, not sure if that will help you or not but I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

thunderwood

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
About to take a trip to Pittsburgh and have found all but about one spot.  I'm looking for these smooth concrete banks that look like they are in an alley that lead up to a wall/window sill that people do stalls on.  Looks like you have to hop a fence to get to it.

I have a feeling that it's in the NE part of the city, but just can't seem to find it.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Am totally willing to trade spots from DC/VA/MD/NC.  Thanks!

Edit: Also looking for this small bank to ledge that is supposed to be in Crafton.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:59:06 PM by thunderwood »

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »
About to take a trip to Pittsburgh and have found all but about one spot.  I'm looking for these smooth concrete banks that look like they are in an alley that lead up to a wall/window sill that people do stalls on.  Looks like you have to hop a fence to get to it.

I have a feeling that it's in the NE part of the city, but just can't seem to find it.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Am totally willing to trade spots from DC/VA/MD/NC.  Thanks!

Edit: Also looking for this small bank to ledge that is supposed to be in Crafton.

If you're talking about the front blunt at :22 that's in Southside. Carson and 10th St. I think. It's in the front of the school and you do have to hop a fence to get in there.

and I think you're talking about the Crafton banks. Anyone at OneUp could point you there. I forget where it's at exactly.

thunderwood

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 03:15:53 PM »
That's exactly it Macgruber, thank you so much!  Do you know if it's a bust at all?

The other bank is the Crafton one like you said which can be seen in this photo - Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'll try asking around to see if I can find it.  Thanks again dude.

Edit: After an hour or two Google mapsing it I found it!  Kirwan Way & Stratmore Street at the basketball courts.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:32:39 PM by thunderwood »

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 07:18:15 PM »
That's exactly it Macgruber, thank you so much!  Do you know if it's a bust at all?

The other bank is the Crafton one like you said which can be seen in this photo - Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'll try asking around to see if I can find it.  Thanks again dude.

Edit: After an hour or two Google mapsing it I found it!  Kirwan Way & Stratmore Street at the basketball courts.

the bank to ledge off e. carson at that school is bust free. that school shut down a few years ago