Author Topic: Philly scene  (Read 2422 times)

moshandwallies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Philly scene
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2024, 01:21:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Bump, headed to Philly for the first time next weekend. Gonna be solo dolo. Will I get vibed out not being a local at FDR? Should I roll up with a 6 pack to ease the tension as is customary (or so I've heard) about Burnside? Am I overthinking this?
[close]

You'll only get kooked at FDR if you show up to do kook activities like film a rap video in the deep ends of bowls or have a photo shoot with all the graffiti. Just show up, say a quick waddup to ppl, and skate and you won't get vibed out anywhere in the city

Well that’s a lie

Pastasash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Re: Philly scene
« Reply #31 on: Today at 07:27:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bump, headed to Philly for the first time next weekend. Gonna be solo dolo. Will I get vibed out not being a local at FDR? Should I roll up with a 6 pack to ease the tension as is customary (or so I've heard) about Burnside? Am I overthinking this?
[close]

You'll only get kooked at FDR if you show up to do kook activities like film a rap video in the deep ends of bowls or have a photo shoot with all the graffiti. Just show up, say a quick waddup to ppl, and skate and you won't get vibed out anywhere in the city
[close]

Well that’s a lie

well that approach has worked for me in Philly and pretty much every other east coast city/skate scene I've been a part of. much better than doing too much and handing out beers to strangers to try and be accepted by locals that don't give a shit if you come bearing gifts or not